1911Forum
Advertise Here
Forum   Reviews   Rules   Legal   Site Supporters & Donations   Advertise

Go Back   1911Forum > >

Notices

Old 03-17-2017, 12:18 AM

Will check seller out?

Marines usmc

Last edited by RON K.; 03-17-2017 at 12:44 AM.
Old 03-17-2017, 01:06 AM

Will give update on Friday when I find something out. Seemed at first too good to be true for the price. They said 50 and now sold seems really odd ad..They sold all fifty in 6 hours. RON K.

Last edited by RON K.; 03-17-2017 at 10:05 AM.
Old 03-17-2017, 10:59 AM

I guess one guy bought 42 of them.Heck bought one has Colt letter and piece of History for me. Even if Private Fife fired it.ooorah and Semper Fi Devil Dogs.

RON K.

Last edited by RON K.; 03-17-2017 at 05:28 PM.

Old 03-17-2017, 09:05 PM

I saw the listing tonight. If I was a member, I'd be tempted to give one a shot.
Old 03-17-2017, 09:19 PM

So what were these and where was the add?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 03-17-2017, 09:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bovw View Post

Gunbroker auction open to gold members only:

"Colt M45A1 1911 USMC CQBP 45 ACP 5" 7+1

Must be paid within 48 hours

We are pleased to inform you that these "decommissioned" Colt M45A1s Close Quarter Battle Pistol (CQBP) are now available to the public! This batch of Colt M45A1 CQBP pistols was used in combat by the USMC Special Operations units, including Force Recon. There is a very limited inventory of these “used” pistols and they will be gone soon! A Letter of Authenticity will be issued with each pistol to verify it as a service pistol. As these pistols have seen the theatre of Iraq or Afghanistan and they are in “good” condition according to the NRA museum’s grading scale. These rare pieces of history feature all the quality and craftsmanship that is affiliated with the Colt name, while also honoring those fighting overseas on behalf of the United States of America.

The M45A1 CQBP features all the M1911 technical specifications that the tactical operators requested. The stainless steel slide and frame are rock solid. The Desert Sand Cerakote finish makes it is easy to be cleaned and maintained. The M45A1 CQBP utilizes the ultra-reliable Series 80 firing system and is equipped with a 5” stainless steel barrel that is marked “COLT 45 AUTO NM,” for National Match. The Novak Tritium 3-dot night sights facilitate target acquisition even at night. The integral Picatinny rail system offers the ability to mount tactical lights and lasers accessories to the frame. The M45A1 CQBP is chambered in .45 ACP and has a capacity of 7+1. This remarkable pistol comes with (1) Wilson Combat magazine.

"Good" condition means that some of the finish is missing and there are some scratches and marks on the pistol. This is to be expected since USMC Special Operators in the theatre of Afghanistan and Iraq used these pistols. The cosmetic condition may vary slightly but every pistol have been inspected to ensure they function properly. The USMC insignia on the left side of the slide has an "X" that has been laser engraved over it, in order to denote the "decommissioning". These pistols are sold "AS IS" with no refunds or exchanges."
Old 03-17-2017, 10:31 PM

Scam Alert
Old 03-17-2017, 10:44 PM
Administrator

Sorry, but my BS meter is pegged. Selling surplus government handguns to civilians remains illegal. We're all waiting for Congress to finally give CMP the green light to begin selling the M1911A1s they have, but it hasn't happened yet. If these Colts truly are the real deal Big Brother is going to be investigating it.
Avoid the temptation to replace everything on your brand-new 1911 just to make it "better". Know what you're changing out and why. You may spend a lot of money fixing things that weren't broken to begin with. Shoot at least 500 rounds through it first, then decide what you don't like and want to improve. Regarding vintage 1911s, pre-1946 pistols are highly collectible in original, unaltered condition and should NEVER be refinished or modified as it completely ruins their monetary value.
Old 03-17-2017, 10:52 PM

I just snagged one; went from 17 available to 11 available while I was making the purchase. Hope this is all legit...the one in the photo only says "U.S", not "U.S. PROPERTY." But is has the USMC roll mark on it, so it's worth a shot.

Last edited by NoDak Scotty; 03-17-2017 at 10:54 PM.
Old 03-17-2017, 10:53 PM

Oh like the Reed Knight snipers and the barrett 50 cals that sold.not likely and if it is not too worried its on a card for me...they won't take checks or money order's.. c.c. only. And they have protection for that use. And you have to be a checked out Gold member..Maybe it is Goldfinger at F.T.KNOX, SUPPOSED to arrive Tuesday will see.
And nobody is that stupid to sell stolen in broad daylight.. Wait could it be a Russian Trump connection.. Let me make the call. Blacklist Redemption

RON K.
Old 03-17-2017, 11:20 PM

Not a scam guys.
Brent
Old 03-18-2017, 12:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bovw View Post

So you have to pay $50 to become a 'gold member' just to buy one?
That's the scam if you ask me? As if Gb isn't already making a killing on selling fees.

Bovw here's the auction.

http://www.gunbroker.com/item/630761562
COTEP#782
Old 03-18-2017, 12:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BJT72 View Post
Not a scam guys.
Brent
Sir I'm happy to see you post. Hope things are ok with you.
COTEP#782
Old 03-18-2017, 12:20 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Not a scam guys.
Brent
Obviously your word is as good as money in the bank, but I still don't see how this is possible. These must be the first government-owned pistols to be sold to the public since president Lyndon B. Johnson stopped surplus handgun sales via Executive Order in 1968.
Avoid the temptation to replace everything on your brand-new 1911 just to make it "better". Know what you're changing out and why. You may spend a lot of money fixing things that weren't broken to begin with. Shoot at least 500 rounds through it first, then decide what you don't like and want to improve. Regarding vintage 1911s, pre-1946 pistols are highly collectible in original, unaltered condition and should NEVER be refinished or modified as it completely ruins their monetary value.
Old 03-18-2017, 12:23 AM

Quote:
Not a scam guys.
Brent
Brent I appreciate the input. and hope you do well in career. No matter what path you take. Semper Fi, RON K.
Old 03-18-2017, 12:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsk View Post
Obviously your word is as good as money in the bank, but I still don't see how this is possible. These must be the first government-owned pistols to be sold to the public since president Lyndon B. Johnson stopped surplus handgun sales via Executive Order in 1968.
Mine is not the reason why, Mine is to just buy. Unless Marsoc on duty Marines visit the bunker I am not at all worried about it.

I guess those that bought the sniper rifles and 50cals from the Marines all got confiscated..{Don't think so}Along with those CMP sniper Garands.That years ago some spouted off will never get done.
Ask me how I know.

RON K.

P.S.Be happy its St.Pats day. Errol Flynn is having a drink with Pat O'Brien

Last edited by RON K.; 03-18-2017 at 12:31 AM.
Old 03-18-2017, 12:44 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by RON K. View Post
I guess those that bought the sniper rifles and 50cals from the Marines all got confiscated..{Don't think so}Along with those CMP sniper Garands.That years ago some spouted off will never get done.
Ask me how I know.
Surplus rifles were not banned, only handguns were. If this is a legal sale then it gives us hope that all those CMP .45s may finally see the light of day.

Having said that, I have to wonder exactly what they mean by "decommissioned". Does that mean they've been deactivated? If so then it would explain it. But the description doesn't indicate that, saying that they've been inspected for function (then again, "function" can mean several things).

It's just a shame, and ironic too that these M45A1s had one of the shortest service lives of any military handgun.

Last edited by dsk; 03-18-2017 at 12:57 AM.
Old 03-18-2017, 12:58 AM

That is the hope we all wish for.Get those cmp's to us also....make 2017 great again.Back to the corn beef and cabbage.
RON K.
Old 03-18-2017, 02:05 AM

So are these 100% firing pistols or are they deactivated some how?
Old 03-18-2017, 06:16 AM

The CMP deal is purely Dept of the Army, and is waiting on a new Sec Army to be installed and sign the orders. These USMC guns are Dept of the Navy, so not linked in anyway to the Army CMP deal. If GB is advertising this as a "Gold Member" deal, and the seller has almost all A+ ratings, I'm gonna sit back and wait for my USMC roll marked, service-used chunk of history to show up at my FFL and expect it to be good to go. If not, well, that's why we take chances every now and then.
Old 03-18-2017, 09:48 AM

I was tempted by these when I woke up at two a.m. in an Ambien induced zombie state that usually results in me clicking away on amazon.com and not remembering it till packages showed up on my doorstep a few days later...

Still tempted...but I just bought 2 1911's within the past 6 weeks so I'll have to pass.
Old 03-18-2017, 10:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsk View Post
I don't think they were ever gov't owned. Probably always owned by Colt. That's really the only way those could be sold legally.

If someone believes they were US Gov't property I would for sure want some documentation like a DD form 1155. That shouldn't be too hard for the seller to produce if they were purchased by the DOD.

Last edited by LostintheOzone; 03-18-2017 at 10:29 AM.
Old 03-18-2017, 10:14 AM

Still shows 37 remaining but I am not member so not sure if correct......Nice price, but since condition is only "good", with considerable wear per one shown, is the price that good?

Prices on ones sold to civilians seems to be dropping, even last Employee presented USMC rollmarked was sold for what others used to sell for, last few on Gunbroker could not get over $4,000, with two prices stalled in mid-3,000 if I remember correctly.
Old 03-18-2017, 10:17 AM

Oh yes we need the dd214 and picture of Marine fondling one. Along with Battle of Ramadi desert sand in sealed Otis kit.

Maybe for once I posted something good and a heads up.

To those that don't buy. I DON'T CARE...It was for fellow Marines and the History of it. To those that can't follow that.

you never will...
RON K.
Old 03-18-2017, 10:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluesdog View Post
Still shows 37 remaining but I am not member so not sure if correct......Nice price, but since condition is only "good", with considerable wear per one shown, is the price that good?

Prices on ones sold to civilians seems to be dropping, even last Employee presented USMC rollmarked was sold for what others used to sell for, last few on Gunbroker could not get over $4,000, with two prices stalled in mid-3,000 if I remember correctly.
Only Marines know the History and the value. All others need not apply.WE would not want you to lose value..and debate it like the election till the next moon landing..Lets see if we can hit 20,000 views. with all kinds of crazy comment's. maybe Jimmy kimmel and sat night live skit also.

By all means don't freaking buy one. It is only for Marines, Leathernecks. Jarheads,and Devil Dog's..History does always mean $$$$ Just History.

RON K.