Les Baer Customer Service - 1911Forum
1911Forum
Advertise Here
Forum   Reviews   Rules   Legal   Site Supporters & Donations   Advertise

Go Back   1911Forum > >

Notices

Old 02-28-2014, 10:21 AM

Les Baer Customer Service

I wanted to let you guys know my encounter with the lady answering the phone at Les Baer. I sent this email but I'm sure she will be the one receiving it so I'll post it here. And by the way this is not my first go around at building a 1911.

Dear Les Sr.,

I called today to get some information on a stinger frame and I was amazed at the response I got. The lady with extremely rude when I asked simple questions about your product. I wanted to know if it could be ordered without the radius (fair question) she gave me nothing but sass and condescending tone. I also asked if y'all could stake the plunger tube she laughed and said that's the last thing you do right before finishing and I don't under stand what I'm doing.(You know there are many ways to build a 1911) I felt insulted and disrespected. This is no way to treat your customers. I have a PMII LB203XX. Just wanted to let you know that although I am a huge fan of yours, I will take by business somewhere else. I know that business is good but don't forget that the customers are the one's that put you in this position. And if this is the lady I talked to I'm sure this will go right in the trash.

Thank you for your time,

Mark Corkery
Old 02-28-2014, 10:56 AM
Banned

Yep - not the best people-skills organization. Sure isn't the first time we've heard this - and probably not the last.

Too bad that the "attitude" comes from the top down at Baer.

Old 02-28-2014, 11:06 AM

Yes agree!! I called about ordering a combat style saftey as I am not a fan of the ambi on the premier. She said no, I can't change or my gunsmith could not touch it or it would void the warranty and to send the pistol in to the factory. She would not win the Emily Post Etiquette award either. Doc
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-28-2014, 12:13 PM

I'm glad I'm not the only one who feels this way..
Old 02-28-2014, 02:15 PM

I haven't talked with them in a while, but the were courteous and helpful when I did call.

Rick
Old 02-28-2014, 02:19 PM

Me too. I had a question about loads and Les called me back within an hour and was very helpful. EVERYONE has a bad day, some just have them more often.
Old 03-01-2014, 09:47 AM

Les can be really good to talk to on the phone. If you want suggestions on loads, ammo, or want to talk about his car collection. The second you are having a problem with his product, it gets ugly.
Old 03-02-2014, 09:12 AM

She is a treat !!! Made the mistake of asking for a FLGR...OOPS !
Old 03-02-2014, 10:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlchemyCustom View Post
Les can be really good to talk to on the phone. If you want suggestions on loads, ammo, or want to talk about his car collection. The second you are having a problem with his product, it gets ugly.
This.

I bought a Stainless Concept Comanche back in 2005. It wouldn't run with ball or HP ammo out of the box with his or any other magazines. Les was terrible to deal with and talked to me like I was an idiot. AFter 2-3 trips back to Baer (at my expense) he finally agreed to build me another pistol. That one, a 5" Custom Carry in hard chrome was awesome out of the box. That experience drove me FAR away from Baer.
Old 03-02-2014, 11:48 AM

I had the exact opposite experience than the O.P. had. Sorry to hear about the bad day. Probably this same lady that helped me and got me my build dates on my two Baers, gave me a little background on my original Baer Coat vs the new DuPont stuff so I didn't overspend on items that wouldn't or may not match and make me unhappy. My Baers shoot great, never been back for anything and even if I caught em on a bad day, next time, it wouldn't matter. Honestly, if I had more money, I'd have more Baers. In fact, there is still two more models I want, lol.
Old 03-02-2014, 12:00 PM

I obviously cannot speak to your interaction and the details surrounding it, but over the years I have dealt with Bear I have personally had very positive experiences with them.

Brenda has always been great to deal with and Les has been personable the times I have spoke with him either in person or on the phone.

From my experience this would be the exception and not the rule.

www.hammondgunandtackle.com
Old 03-02-2014, 12:12 PM

Brenda! That's the gal I spoke with. Very good experience. She also kept asking if there was anything else I needed or questions I had, never rushed me off the phone and almost had an equal excitement about my ol Baers that I did, lol. Felt very friendly and professional.
Old 03-02-2014, 12:18 PM

Never had problems with either Brenda or Les. Folks tell me I have a smooth, seductive, sexy voice so I guess that's to be expected.

Rick
COTEP Member #CBOB0698
Old 03-02-2014, 02:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tango3 View Post
Never had problems with either Brenda or Les. Folks tell me I have a smooth, seductive, sexy voice so I guess that's to be expected.

Rick

Ha! Maybe the oP just didn't have the right background music!
Old 03-02-2014, 04:40 PM

His answer to almost everything “ you need to put more rounds thru it.“

I have exhibited an enormous amount of restraint when posting on this thread.
Old 03-02-2014, 05:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tango3 View Post

Rick
So if you don't sound like Lou Rawls when you call....you're screwed....that's how it is, huh??? If you sound like Rosanne Rosanadana....Do Not Bother Calling!
Old 03-02-2014, 05:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BWHITT View Post
His answer to almost everything you need to put more rounds thru it.

I have exhibited an enormous amount of restraint when posting on this thread.
I say the same thing about my Ex!
Old 03-02-2014, 05:19 PM

I have a problem with my CC, so instead of anyone at Baer giving me a hard time I sent it to Alchemy Customs. I already new when I purchased the gun if there was a problem don't expect smooth sailing when returning it to Les. This is my third Baer so I am not unfamiliar with the minor issues.
Old 03-02-2014, 05:52 PM

It's really too bad he can't get passed this reputation. I've wanted a Baer for years, but unless I buy a used one from someone it just won't happen.

--Thomas Jefferson
Old 03-02-2014, 05:53 PM

Savage, you're Not the only one. I've owned four Baers. One of the four had no issues. One went back twice with less than satisfactory results. I'm not griping, as griping is not allowed here. I'm not sure anything but praise for LB guns, LB himself, and the company is allowed in this section. I suspect that I, and anyone else who has uttered a discouraging word about LBs, will now be considered persona non grata in this section. In spite of being a very long time Colt owner,shooter, carrier and armorer, I think I've sometimes also come close to being tarred and feathered in the Colt section by Colt true believers who believe each and every Colt is perfection, and superior to all those other off-brand clones;-)

Last edited by Rock185; 03-03-2014 at 02:04 PM. Reason: sp.
Old 03-02-2014, 06:08 PM

Very good experience with Brenda and Les, including problems with a gun which they fixed.
Old 03-02-2014, 06:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyO View Post
It's really too bad he can't get passed this reputation.
He's got to earn it. I've had to deal with them twice including last month and neither were what I would consider a positive experience.
Old 03-02-2014, 07:19 PM

I've talked with Brenda a couple of times with questions, or ordering parts. She honestly couldn't have been any nicer to deal with. Ymmv
Old 03-02-2014, 07:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyO View Post
It's really too bad he can't get passed this reputation. I've wanted a Baer for years, but unless I buy a used one from someone it just won't happen.
Why would buying a used one be better than buying a new one??
Old 03-02-2014, 07:39 PM

meow meow