The official holstermakers showcase thread. PLEASE READ FIRST POST BEFORE POSTING! - Page 59 - 1911Forum
1911Forum
Advertise Here
Forum   Reviews   Rules   Legal   Site Supporters & Donations   Advertise

Go Back   1911Forum > >

Notices

Old 07-01-2016, 09:19 PM

Sig 938 pancake with matching mag pouch.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk
[email protected]
www.ssholsters.com
Old 07-05-2016, 01:11 PM

Mahogany horsehide with black shark trim.

S&S Leatherworks
Old 07-05-2016, 04:45 PM

Plenty of boned stuff in this thread so I will try something a little different for the 1911. Dont know where exactly you wear something like this but I had the itch to make it and apparently someone had the itch to own it because it sold in under 2 weeks!! Surprised me!

It wasnt a custom order, just something I had to do. All hand stitched.
I may be stupid because it was so much fun to make I started cutting out pieces to make another western style rig but with different decoration and coloring. Havent decided yet what it will look like but the shape will be similar

I followed up with a belt and double mag pouch to match at the buyers request

If anyone is interested in seeing more pix there are plenty close ups here
Holster
http://www.boriqualeather.com/Galler...olster-W-studs
Belt
http://www.boriqualeather.com/Galler...-for-Colt-1911
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-05-2016, 05:15 PM

Wow! That is sweet. Would love to see a 1911 in it.
Old 07-05-2016, 05:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bebenn View Post
Wow! That is sweet. Would love to see a 1911 in it.
me too!!
The belt and mag pouch were never here at the same time as the holster so I asked the gentleman to send me pix with him in full gear and he promised but.... I think he is having to much fun wearing it about and showing it off to take pix. I have heard from him several times since he bought it all telling me about all the people he shows it to. Sweet guy. Im glad he is enjoying it that much but you bet I am not letting the next one go without pix with a gun inside.

Currently My only 1911 is a commander size but I am working to fix that and add another full size.
Old 07-05-2016, 05:57 PM

This thread is fun .. a lot of nice stuff out there already from some talented dudes so I am going to post some of my more unusual stuff just to keep it juicy. These were done ages ago!

This one is more about these badass guns than my holsters I think!! He had 2 of these compensated Colts and wanted punisher inspired holsters to wear on either side. I would think they would pull your pants down!

The guns were so "clean" so I wanted the holsters to be as well. Not to much fanfair just good clean lines.

http://www.boriqualeather.com/Galler...r-inspired-Set

I am not really a high fashion guy but I was asked a few times to use old Louis Vuitton Bags to make holsters. I like the saddle tan and yellow stitch but the polyurethane fabric louis uses is not fun to work with.

The one below has a matching gun rug I made with 1/2 padding throughout and a matching mag pouch. It was for a defender

This guy wanted something that said Marksman ... I posted my drawing too. I dont know if this is cheating because it was for a sig!

Last edited by Boriqua; 07-05-2016 at 06:11 PM.
Old 07-05-2016, 06:29 PM

My more recent work is a bit cleaner and although I have been at this leatherworking stuff for some 25 years its only the last 3 years that I think I really nailed my hand stitch. It sounds a lot easier than it is to pull off a nice looking hand stitch but if you get it .. I think it is a thing of beauty.

I have been focusing on doing holsters a well dressed man might wear. I have no basis for my decisions other than my imagination but I think panama straw hat, cigar, whisky, nice shoes, crisp shirt and ... well then I come up with some of these color schemes.

I sweat the stitching and the edges and want these to go to people who like some of the finer things made by craftsman and I sell them pretty cheap. After a life of high pressure jobs I dont want to turn my hobby into a crappy job so I make what I want and put it up and hope for the best.

I sell them as fast as I can make them and I love making them so PLUS PLUS!

Old 07-05-2016, 09:25 PM

Boriqua, awesome work man! Everything you've posted looks great from the classy clean stuff to the exotic artsy stuff; I even like the Louis Vuitton leather work you did! Awesome stuff.
Old 07-06-2016, 12:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by erf7 View Post
Boriqua, awesome work man! Everything you've posted looks great from the classy clean stuff to the exotic artsy stuff; I even like the Louis Vuitton leather work you did! Awesome stuff.
THANK YOU for your kind comments!!
Old 07-06-2016, 12:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boriqua View Post
THANK YOU for your kind comments!!
No problem. I showed my girlfriend the LV stuff (she's got plenty already lol) and all she said was "oooooooooooooh" lol. Very cool.
Old 07-06-2016, 08:35 AM

One with a python inlay, smooth leather lined on both pieces:

www.whitetigerleatherworks.com

https://www.facebook.com/whitetigerleatherworks
Old 07-06-2016, 01:12 PM

Quote:
My more recent work is a bit cleaner and although I have been at this leatherworking stuff for some 25 years its only the last 3 years that I think I really nailed my hand stitch. It sounds a lot easier than it is to pull off a nice looking hand stitch but if you get it .. I think it is a thing of beauty.

I have been focusing on doing holsters a well dressed man might wear. I have no basis for my decisions other than my imagination but I think panama straw hat, cigar, whisky, nice shoes, crisp shirt and ... well then I come up with some of these color schemes.

I sweat the stitching and the edges and want these to go to people who like some of the finer things made by craftsman and I sell them pretty cheap. After a life of high pressure jobs I dont want to turn my hobby into a crappy job so I make what I want and put it up and hope for the best.

I sell them as fast as I can make them and I love making them so PLUS PLUS!

You have indeed nailed the hand stitch, very nice.
And the basket weave... I have never liked it till you showed us this work. Again, very nice.
Thank's for sharing. Gush over.
Now, about that LV stuff...
Old 07-06-2016, 01:32 PM

Quote:
Now, about that LV stuff...
That is FUNNY! You know I had a gentleman from Texas ask for an LV holster/mag pouch. I didnt know they made stuff for men but apparently there is a whole line just for the man folk. I did his with brown stitching.

Old 07-06-2016, 01:45 PM

Here is one that is a bit more grunt man worthy .. and a little weird. Guy has a thing for the Crusades and his only instruction to me is something "Knights Templar."

Hmmmmm ... so I dont want to just plop a cross in the middle of a holster so I change the design a little so it looks like the cross might look as if it were on a battle standard and waving as the standard bearer charged forward. Yea .. maybe I think to hard

Then I dont do double row stitching normally but I thought it looked a little more chunky and medievel. I also switched to 5 stitches per inch to really chunk them up. I think it could have used some metal but I didnt want to get to crazy. The Frog skin inlay reads more red in the photos than it actually was. It was more Burgundy/wine in real life. I dyed the holster so it looked haphazardly darkened from use and battle. Guy loved it!!

Im cheating again because this wasnt for a 1911 but a SP101 but since I dont plan on doing this one ever again ...

Last edited by Boriqua; 07-06-2016 at 01:53 PM.
Old 07-06-2016, 01:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BHPshooter View Post
A few recent ones.
Dude that is some SUPER clean beautiful work!!
Old 07-06-2016, 01:53 PM

Quote:
That is FUNNY! You know I had a gentleman from Texas ask for an LV holster/mag pouch. I didnt know they made stuff for men but apparently there is a whole line just for the man folk. I did his with brown stitching.

More of a yoga class vs. barbeque gun get up.
Old 07-06-2016, 02:45 PM

Its been a while since I posted any holster work on here so here are a few recent ones.
[IMG]http://[/IMG]
Old 07-06-2016, 08:14 PM

Very, very nice.
Old 07-08-2016, 09:12 PM

Nice stuff bladesmith! I haven't posting any work in a while either. Here's a few.

Old 07-08-2016, 09:16 PM

Oops, hit post too soon. Here's a few others.

Paul

Old 07-09-2016, 02:11 PM

Just finished this one yesterday. I was looking at Black Cherry VZ grips to dress up my 1911 and wondered what type of holster I might make for myself if I got them. I am influenced by many different sources and with this piece I took some cues from Spanish and Southwestern tile and patio design. Think high color that has faded in spots, floral borders and handcut tile. All stitched by hand with a 1.1mm dark brown thread that is really warm color. Dyed with Cherry, oxblood, Mahogany and black.

http://www.boriqualeather.com/Galler...d-1911-Holster

Last edited by Boriqua; 07-09-2016 at 02:41 PM.
Old 07-11-2016, 06:30 PM

I haven't posted here in awhile so I thought I would show off the latest holster and double magazine holder just off the bench. This is a "one-off" due to a slight mistake. I was dressing the edge around the sweat guard with dark brown dye and ever so slightly got a little on the ostrich skin. I decided to dye the rest of the ostrich with the same dye and it came out looking good...and the mistake is gone. The original color of the ostrich was a caramel or saddle tan color. I did the same with the mag holder. That small brown patch on the bottom middle of the holder is ostrich and is dyed to match. The boots were Justin full quill ostrich with "Tobacco" brown boot tops and have 8 rows of fancy stitching. I'll add this set to my personal set of holsters. If you click on either photo, it will came back larger and right-side-up.
Attached Thumbnails
20160711_175953.jpg   20160711_180138.jpg  
Old 07-12-2016, 03:39 AM

Mark C., very cool stuff. I really like the design of that double mag carrier. I've always been a fan of low, or better yet, no sweat guard on my mag carriers and holsters. It allows for much easier access to the magazine or pistol and for me personally is not uncomfortable at all.

Great looking stuff and thanks for sharing!
Old 07-12-2016, 03:40 AM

Duplicate post. Sorry.
Old 07-14-2016, 02:24 PM

one of my later ones

i'm looking foor feed back guys. I would like to achieve a top notch level.
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_20160606_114530_016.jpg   IMG_20160606_135227_080.jpg  

witsil leathers/ bench made by me