Fusion Freedom Series VS Kimber... - 1911Forum
1911Forum
Advertise Here
Forum   Reviews   Rules   Legal   Site Supporters & Donations   Advertise

Go Back   1911Forum > >

Notices

Old 06-24-2020, 09:37 PM

I’m currently considering purchasing one of the Reactions chambered in 45 Auto or 10mm. I know things may be a bit biased over here, but still wanted to ask...
The majority of my 1911 experience has been with various Kimber products. I’d love to know how this series compares within the Kimber line. I’ve got a Gold Match, a Tactical HD and one of the new Custom LW. Where’s the Reaction fall between them?
I’m really curious to learn how these production Fusions stack up to the competition. I realize they’re not custom guns, but I’m not in the market and most likely never will be, for a custom 1911.
I'm sure the 1911 was the Glock of it's time. Probably touted as being 100% reliable when it patently wasn't and it held a monstrous 8-9 rounds. The hardliners certainly said "If you can't get the job done in five shots, what's the use of carrying nine?"
~JetBlackGT

Last edited by wilie; 06-24-2020 at 09:53 PM.
Old 06-25-2020, 08:07 AM

I've had both... Fusion = 100% reliability. Kimber = a crap-shoot, maybe good, maybe bad.
Old 06-25-2020, 09:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by undy View Post
I've had both... Fusion = 100% reliability. Kimber = a crap-shoot, maybe good, maybe bad.
That’s what I figured. My hope is that the Reaction lands close to or better than my Tactical HD as far as overall quality goes. Been really happy with that gun, but that $795 price tag for a Reaction is tough to pass up if they’re good guns.
I'm sure the 1911 was the Glock of it's time. Probably touted as being 100% reliable when it patently wasn't and it held a monstrous 8-9 rounds. The hardliners certainly said "If you can't get the job done in five shots, what's the use of carrying nine?"
~JetBlackGT
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-25-2020, 09:56 AM

fusion

I have an earlier FUSION- IN KIT FORM, and it is a 9mm that shoots awesome!
Going on 8 years now of weekly shoots and it still is awsome!
Do check out their custom gun lines though if you want some specific tweaks that production line guns do not. You will not be sorry!
Old 06-25-2020, 02:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JOHNGUM View Post
I have an earlier FUSION- IN KIT FORM, and it is a 9mm that shoots awesome!
Going on 8 years now of weekly shoots and it still is awsome!
Do check out their custom gun lines though if you want some specific tweaks that production line guns do not. You will not be sorry!
As amazing as a custom 1911 would be, I doubt it’s something I’ll ever be willing to pay to play with. It’s just too much cash for me to have tied up in one firearm. Maybe if I did an 80% build from 1911 Builders and did the work myself to save some cash...?
Glad to hear your Fusion has worked out! The Reaction may be my next handgun purchase 👍👍
~JetBlackGT
Old 07-02-2020, 06:57 AM

I have 3 of the Fusion Freedom series pistols, love them, great value and great shooters. I'm going to try one of their build kits next.
Old 07-06-2020, 09:08 AM

I did a fusion freedom 9mm longslide Kit (my only fusion) a few years ago, it is simply an amazing piece, totally accurate & reliable. I checked all the option box’s which made it expensive for a build kit imho.

I also bought a Kimber .45 longslide all stainless Target last year (my only Kimber, probably the last) to say the quality was terrible is an understatement. I now view it as a kit gun as well and after some work and new parts it shoots 100% reliably and extremely accurate but it didn’t start that way.

The initial purchase price of the Kimber was about 1/2 the cost of my fusion but after all the work and parts to make it work well it’s a lot closer in price. It is a beautiful Gun being all stainless vs the black oxide fusion which with their (fusion’s) beautiful cocobolo red grips and oiled up is quite nice to look at as well to shoot. The b-oxide makes it much easier to fix a whoop’s as well. My .02

Last edited by passx; 07-06-2020 at 09:12 AM.
Old 08-12-2020, 08:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by undy View Post
I have to agree;my Kimber POS Fusion 100 percent
Fusion shop service is top notch