1911Forum
Advertise Here
Forum   Reviews   Rules   Legal   Site Supporters & Donations   Advertise

Go Back   1911Forum > >

Notices

Old 03-11-2010, 08:34 AM
Banned

Taurus Millineum Pro 9mm

I was going to the range last week and a friend wanted to go shoot so I told him to come along.

My wife and son were both there with me as usual so I just watched them shoot for a little while and watched my friend shoot.

My friend first pulled out his 24/7 Pro in .45acp at 20 feet he was grouping about 4 inches which for self defence it will serve its purpose.

Next my friend pulled out the Millineum Pro 9mm, I was in shock he couldnt hit the paper at 30 ft so he went back to 20 ft and he was able to make the target look like a shotgun spray.

My friend said hey come over here and shoot this and see if its just me or what, I shot it and I ended up at 10 ft just to get a 10 inch group.

I told my wife to hand me her Kel Tec PF-9 that she carries in her purse, at 20 ft I was getting like 1 1/2 to 2 inch group, then I told my wife to shoot it at my friends target that he was shooting at, she shot circles around that Millineum Pro. That has got to be the worse shooting 9mm I have ever witnessed.

I did not say anything to my friend about the POS that he had been carrying for a self defence gun but I intend to this weekend.

I know many people that own different model Taurus pistols and they all seem to shoot decent as I have shot many of them but the Millineum Pro 9mm that I shot was junk.
Old 03-11-2010, 02:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casp1911 View Post
I was going to the range last week and a friend wanted to go shoot so I told him to come along.

My wife and son were both there with me as usual so I just watched them shoot for a little while and watched my friend shoot.

My friend first pulled out his 24/7 Pro in .45acp at 20 feet he was grouping about 4 inches which for self defence it will serve its purpose.

Next my friend pulled out the Millineum Pro 9mm, I was in shock he couldnt hit the paper at 30 ft so he went back to 20 ft and he was able to make the target look like a shotgun spray.

My friend said hey come over here and shoot this and see if its just me or what, I shot it and I ended up at 10 ft just to get a 10 inch group.

I told my wife to hand me her Kel Tec PF-9 that she carries in her purse, at 20 ft I was getting like 1 1/2 to 2 inch group, then I told my wife to shoot it at my friends target that he was shooting at, she shot circles around that Millineum Pro. That has got to be the worse shooting 9mm I have ever witnessed.

I did not say anything to my friend about the POS that he had been carrying for a self defence gun but I intend to this weekend.

I know many people that own different model Taurus pistols and they all seem to shoot decent as I have shot many of them but the Millineum Pro 9mm that I shot was junk.
Multiple shooters. Multipe lousy hits. Multiple shooters. Multipe lousy hits.

To semi-experienced me, it sounds like the gun. Good of you to mention it - after he has carried it anothr week. Why not be gentle and mention it at the time? If the gun is THAT bad, I would think he would be appreciative of you pointing it out immediately.

Previously, was he content with the way it shot or did he not knw? If he didn't, it sounds as if he didn't shoot the gun that much before carrying! That's plain silly (as opposed to the stronger - stupid of him).

One thing my OM taught me was to always be sure the gun functioned, functioned with the ammo I might use and practice before carrying.

I suppose it could be the ammo, which you didn't mention; and, if the gun is that sensitive to ammo - he has never used different ammo. He bought it, loaded it ands tucked it in his holster. Not too smart wouldn't you agree? Maybe he needs a little basic course in logic! Obviously (to me) carrying that combo of gun & ammo was his choice, a poor one to boot.
Old 03-11-2010, 04:35 PM

I have a 1st Gen Millinium PT111. Had it for about 8 years and carry it often. It is more accurate than I am - have 1000+ rounds through it and have had zero problems. Not all Taurus PT111s are junk .....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-11-2010, 04:50 PM

My wife carried a Mill. Pro and shot it as well as the Kimmy UC II she carries now.
Old 03-11-2010, 05:49 PM
Banned

I didnt mention it at the time because I saw that he was already upset that his gun couldnt hardly hit the side of a barn.

Most importantly when my wife shot circles around it with her PF-9 I could tell he was really upset because he knows my wife has only been shooting a month or so.

I wasnt gonna add fuel to a fire

Maybe he just got a lemon or maybe you guys just got a good one I dont know but I didnt just start shooting yesterday

AS far as the ammo he was shooting my reloads the same rounds that my wife was using in her 9mm

I saw all I needed to see

Last edited by Casp1911; 03-11-2010 at 05:53 PM.
Old 03-12-2010, 12:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casp1911 View Post
I didnt mention it at the time because I saw that he was already upset that his gun couldnt hardly hit the side of a barn.

Most importantly when my wife shot circles around it with her PF-9 I could tell he was really upset because he knows my wife has only been shooting a month or so.

I wasnt gonna add fuel to a fire

Maybe he just got a lemon or maybe you guys just got a good one I dont know but I didnt just start shooting yesterday

AS far as the ammo he was shooting my reloads the same rounds that my wife was using in her 9mm

I saw all I needed to see
The GUN may hate your reloads. Nothing agaiinst them, but it happens. Anyone else think it's possible?

"I saw all I needed to see" = Closed mind - never find the real reason. Oh well some can live with that logic.
Old 03-12-2010, 01:42 AM
Banned

I talked to my friend this evening he went to an indoor range on thursday afternoon. He said he tried wal mart white box and the same ammo that he has been shooting for years that the range sells.

He got the same results with the Millineum

So at this point the gun has been shot with my reloads and 2 factory loads

I have been reloading for 27 years my loads that I load for 9mm work in all 5 of my 9mm they have never failed in any gun of mine or any of my friends guns nor have they been so inaccurate in any guns that the gun cant hit paper at 20 ft

Anyways I see where this is going and people get their feelings hurt when someone downs a particular brand because its either what they like or thats what they can afford

Regardless of the reason I didnt start this thread to down the Taurus brand I started it from what I personally witnessed myself from a particular model

My younger brother has a Taurus .40 cal that shoots fairly well, and like I said in original post my friends .45 shot decent

With this is mind I wont tell anyone what to buy and what not to buy

But since it was my friend and I can talk to him honestly, I told him to do one of two things

I told him if he can feel good about selling it to someone then sell it and salvage a little money towards the purchase of another gun or he can save some time and tape a quarter to the slide and throw it away that way he can say he threw away something
Old 03-12-2010, 09:38 AM

If you think "throwing it away" is smart, and can convince him of it, as well, I'll take it. There may be something wrong with the gun, but it does have a warranty. Sending it back may be a pain, but it might alleviate the problem.

There are any number of much more expensive pistols mentioned here on this forum that have malfunctioned when bought new. The advice is to always "send it back, they'll make it right". Is there some price point, above which one returns the pistol for repair? If so, I've never heard of it.

The Taurus PT92 that I own shows a marked preference using 124 gr. JHP rounds for accuracy. It groups approximately 50% smaller over the 115 gr. ammo.

Regardless of manufacturer, give the factory a chance to fix the problem.
Old 03-12-2010, 01:04 PM
Banned

Jr47 that was a joke and my friend knows it was a joke about taping a quarter to it lol

he is going to send it back or sell it, but I think he will probably send it back and get it fixed,

I told him I just wouldnt feel right selling a gun that was shooting the way it was and he said yes you are right I agree

So I feel he will do the right thing and get it fixed
Old 03-12-2010, 01:45 PM

I have the same gun and accuracy does suck, I just thought it was because of the short barrel. I was thinking of trading it in on an sr9 anyway....