The Taurus 1911 challenge! - Page 6 - 1911Forum
1911Forum
Advertise Here
Forum   Reviews   Rules   Legal   Site Supporters & Donations   Advertise

Go Back   1911Forum > >

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 03-22-2010, 12:30 AM

Here is my entry, Dan Wesson Razor back 10mm 8 round group at 25 yards standing weaver stance. Ammo is Remmington 180grain fmjfp.

Brian.
Attached Thumbnails
10mm at 25yards.jpg  
Old 03-22-2010, 10:17 PM

JR47 hit the nail on the head.

First....it is a mechanical item, assembled by human hands!!! Some will be better than others....it's inevitable when human hands are involved.
In all the 1911's I have and have had I have definately seen them from one end of the spectrum to the other.
My carry gun is a Wilson Combat Stainless Professional that for the $1800.00 I paid for it brand new, has never missed a lick, for over 5000 rounds and is hole in a hole accurate, at 15 yards, if I do my part. I have owned two other Wilsons and a Brown & Les Baer. I have also had Colts, Springfields, Kimbers, an STI, an RIA & my latest....a stainless Taurus with a rail. My Taurus PT1911AR is definately not a Wilson in fit or finish, but it goes bang every time I pull the trigger, which I cannot say for some of those others listed above. It shoots reasonably accurate and is actually a very handsome weapon. I added a Streamlight TLR-3 and a Smith and Alexander Magwell and performed some dehorning and it is part of my home defense weaponry. It is also a hoot to shoot, and I do shoot it a bunch. It is not a Wilson or any other high end 1911, but I did not pay for one of those either. I personally feel it is like the Timex watch of 1911's as it takes a lickin' and keeps on tickin'.

tex45acp

Old 03-23-2010, 06:25 AM
Banned

Lots of interesting posts here but going back to the ops original post

his challenge was that his Taurus would shoot as good or better than most 1911s here and he was ready to open a can of whoop with his PT1911

I have seen many trying to defend the gun but no one has proved what the original op posted, Gl with that

For 2 months he posted twice telling people to get a life , haha thats the best he can do is try to divert attention away from himself, sounds like something kids say when they make excuses up

I guess he still hasnt got his gun fixed or he would have posted targets

Well, I wont pick at the kid anymore, I hope he realizes now what a dumb challenge he made,

he could have atleast swallowed his pride and posted his target

then he could say Im sorry but I was wrong , thats what I would have did

its ok 1911lawman you can come back now the coast is clear

Last edited by Casp1911; 03-25-2010 at 02:24 PM.
Old 03-26-2010, 12:05 PM
Banned

+ 1 Casp1911... Some have taken to this post in an attempt to defend their Taurus when in fact this post has little to do with the Taurus itself but of the childish big mouth that started all the smack talk. I would bet my hard earned money he is no lawman either
Old 04-02-2010, 10:55 PM

I had a PT1911B. Sold it and got a Kimber.

Should have kept the Taurus.

Kimber gave me problems. (FTF, FTE)

That is all.
Old 04-04-2010, 03:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1911lawman View Post
Interesing feedback on this topic. The reason I have not posted my target is because I have not been to the range and I will do so once I get a chance. So 'hillboy' stop stalking me on the forum! By the way 'hillboy' I never claimed that I carried a Taurus as my conceal weapon. I do not like carrying full size 1911's as it is too heavy that is why I got the Kimber Ultra Carry II.

I see that some of you 1911 snobs got your panties in a bunch that someone is claiming their low end cheap, parts falling apart, non-accurate guns may keep up with your high end guns. I do want to retract the statement about buying a highend 1911's is wreckless and dumb and if I could do it all over again I would just buy a Taurus and lots of ammo. My appologies. As a gun lover you can't just have one gun. I just hate people who only buy highend guns stick their nose in the air like their **** don't stink. Again, I will post my target soon as I do have a life outside of guns (If there is such a thing, Lol).
I have an RIA Tactical and Ill say this. Its suprisingly accurate. Its also of suprising quality. Its not a 1500 gun though,and theres no mistaking it for one. I feel that I didnt "get what I paid for",I got alot more than I paid for,but Im not going to delude myself and pretend that its just as good as something that costs 5 times the price. Then again,I probobaly cant shoot as well as the 1500 dollar gun can anyway,so I might not see the difference. What I do question is the value of some of the extreme 1911s Ive seen. There is one at a local gun store for $4500. Im sure its a fine gun (it damn well better be for that price) but I wonder where you start hitting the point of diminishing returns. In other words,I certainly willing to accept that a $1000 1911 is better than my $450 1911. Im also willing to beleive that a $1800 1911 is better than a $1000 1911. The question then is not whether a $4500 dollar 1911 is better than a 1800 dollar one,but is it $2700 dollars better. Does it make sense for most people. I would guess not. Still,I cant say its a bad gun,far from it.

One thing I would argue is that my RIA is one of the best values Ive come across. Then again,I had a Hyundai Accent. It was a decent little car (untill it was rear ended by a pickup at 60 mph and totaled),and I felt IT was a good value. If you needed a pickup truck though,it was worthless to you. If you need a $2000 dollar gun,then you wont think the ria is much of a value at all.

Last edited by mallen; 04-04-2010 at 03:21 AM.
Old 04-07-2010, 10:30 AM
Banned

People still post on this thread? It was proven months ago that the guy's an idiot who has no clue what he's talking about,

infact the guy recently posted on topics about getting a glock
Closed Thread