Desert Eagle 1911s...Any good ?? - 1911Forum
1911Forum
Advertise Here
Forum   Reviews   Rules   Legal   Site Supporters & Donations   Advertise

Go Back   1911Forum > >

Notices

Old 07-24-2020, 11:05 PM

Desert Eagle 1911s...Any good ??

Hi. Looking around for 1911s I found that Magnum Research makes a 1911 Desert Eagle. But, I didn't find a lot of information about them. Are the Desert Eagle 1911 any good ???
Appreciate your comments and information.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
Old 07-24-2020, 11:14 PM

Look up "desert eagle 1911 review" on youtube

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk
Old 07-25-2020, 01:03 AM

Try to find a used one, then ask why no one sells or trades them. I own Wilson, Colt, Sig, Auto Ordnance and STI. My Israeli made gun is outstanding bang for the buck. The only reason I found a previously owned/unfired model is it is/was a funeral gun. It’s just as good as or better than any $900 gun.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-25-2020, 06:15 PM

What he said. I own 3 a 5". 4" and a 3". all three flawless shooters with best "out of the box" trigger you'll find. Buy it, you won't be sorry. I doubt you'll find a used one.
Old 07-25-2020, 06:34 PM

Couldn't be more pleased with mine. Shoots anything reliably. I rely on it as my every day carry.
Old 07-25-2020, 07:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HD springer View Post
What he said. I own 3 a 5". 4" and a 3". all three flawless shooters with best "out of the box" trigger you'll find. Buy it, you won't be sorry. I doubt you'll find a used one.
Thanks for your reply. I'm very interested in the Desert Eagle 1911. Do you know if it is cast or forged ? MIM parts ?

Old 07-27-2020, 10:11 AM

I do not know, a search at magnum research will tell. They're made by BUL in Israel. I have 1,000s of rounds through each, bought the 5" years ago when they first came out, liked it so well I added the other two as time went on. Never an issue with any of the three
Old 07-27-2020, 06:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juancts View Post
Thanks for your reply. I'm very interested in the Desert Eagle 1911. Do you know if it is cast or forged ? MIM parts ?

Per their website:

"The frame is precision cast and machined from high quality steel (aluminum, 3.0"; model) and the slide is machined from solid billets of steel"

I hardly see these 1911s around. I would like a 5" stainless one in the future. They get good press on various forums and they look well made.
Old 07-27-2020, 06:44 PM

I have the G and U. Both stainless. Both outstanding. The triggers are superb. The G is my bowling pin competition gun.
Old 08-03-2020, 12:26 AM

I was so impressed with the 1911G that I bought another one. Never a moment's problem with either, and they have the best trigger pull in a box stock 1911. Better than Colt, Kimber, and most Dan Wessons. A good gunsmith would be challenged to improve the trigger. You won't regret buying one.
Old 08-04-2020, 11:41 PM

I've owned a Desert Eagle 1911G for about 10 years. It's one of the first ones that was manufactured with the front cocking serrations (FCS). It has no problem standing with any of my other "name brand" production 1911's. Inherent accuracy, excellent trigger, tight fit and well finished. Very nice looking 1911.

I highly recommend them and have been singing their praises for the past 10 years.
Old 08-05-2020, 01:04 AM

I liked mine a lot, it was the first 1911 that I ever owned. You get a lot of pistol for the money (skeletonized hammer, skeletonized match-grade 4lb trigger, throated barrel with polished feed ramp, polished stainless beavertail). Finish was nice, similar to the DLC on my Staccato P. Fit was WAY tighter than one would expect on a $799 gun (very nice slide-to-frame fit and a barrel-to-bushing fit that required a wrench) ZERO rattle or side-play. Trigger was crisp, and accuracy was incredible...rounds went exactly where I aimed. The only reason I sold it was I wanted a 1911 with FSC (this was BEFORE I realized you could own more than one 1911). New models have a checkered front strap, so that's a moot point now. I only ran about 1000 rounds through it before I sold it, but they were flawless...not one malf. I truly didnt realize how nice that pistol was until after I owned some others, and I truly wish I hadn't sold it...but oh well.

If you can get past the cast frame and billboard-sized font on the slide, its a fine choice. But for around the same $$ I'd go with a S&W e-Series and get a forged frame and slide.