Tell me about Fusion 1911s..... - 1911Forum
1911Forum
Advertise Here
Forum   Reviews   Rules   Legal   Site Supporters & Donations   Advertise

Go Back   1911Forum > >

Notices

Old 02-11-2020, 08:06 PM

Tell me about Fusion 1911s.....

So I know a little about this brand and have recently looked around on the website and I am very curious since it appears to me to be made of very nice parts and are all US made. Does anyone here know anything about the degree of hand fit and blend these guns exhibit? I am interested in buying one to see how it compares to Springfield, Colt and RIA but wanted to ask around first to see if owners like the guns and how they are made since I have never seen one in person.

The .380 versions work okay? I don't have a 1911 in that caliber yet and was thinking of a freedom line GI spec gun in that caliber to play with.
Carry gun:Wilson Carry Comp Custom .45S Pocket carry:on loan Other 1911s:WC Supergrade Accucomp .38, WC BW Opticomp, WC CQB Compact, WC CQB Professional, WC Super Sentinel, WC CQB Elite 9mm, WC EDC X9, WC X9S, Ed Brown SR, NHC Predator II Opticomp, NHC T3 Hardchrome, Kimber Ultra, ATI Tactical, RIA Tactical 10mm, Kimber Ultra Diamond 9mm, Detonics Combat Master MKVI, Colt Centennial .460 Roland
Old 02-12-2020, 11:40 AM

I'm not sure I'm qualified to compare my Fusion to other 1911s, other than to my own DW ECO. My Fusion is a 45 acp CCO (https://forums.1911forum.com/showthread.php?t=329565), and the ECO is 9 MM. In my opinion, the Fusion CCO is the better of the two, but it is hard for me to quantify. I really appreciated the fact that I got to specify every detail of my build .......right or wrong. I have no idea about a .380 chambering, and what challenges that presents.
Old 02-12-2020, 11:47 AM

I always like to look of the Fusions...But just looking now, looks like their Pro-Series prices have gone up a bit since last time I visited their site maybe 3 years ago. They are pretty much in the #3K bucket now (albeit some are less expensive). That is fine as long as the bring the "love" with the price. I'd be interested in levels of accuracy at 25Y and shootability (overall) people are getting.
Ekeibolon - Jeff Cooper
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-13-2020, 06:27 AM

I have 3 of the Freedom Series pistols and didn't spend more than $800. Brand new in a sweet range bag. They have all been great shooters and more accurate than I am. I'm Saving for a Long-slide next in 10mm, they are a bit more pricey about $1100 or so. I'll let you know when I get my Long-slide.
Old 07-10-2020, 08:39 AM

I've got a dozen 1911's or so and one is a Fusion 6" 10mm. For me it's hard to tell the difference between a gold cup, TRP, DW or Fusion trigger. They're all exceptional. Overall they're pretty good guns. On my gun, the ION bond finish didn't hold up well at all so there's that.

The fit and finish is pretty good for a semi custom gun. I'd say that they're generally superior (except the finish) to the bigger manufactures BUT, if I were going to buy a Fusion or a Gold Cup, I'd probably go with the Colt because of re-sale value and name recognition. Just my .02.
Old 07-26-2020, 09:38 AM

Just came across these two and have been reading about Company left custom 45. Right 9mm both made in NY before moving to FL. Was told less than 100 rounds have gone thru..I'm gonna see what they do..like what ive read , and youtube info is good
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_20200708_085503-2_1595774037448.jpg   IMG_20200708_083835_1595774060101.jpg  
Old 07-26-2020, 10:20 AM

Also considering Fusion. They say on their site that their frames and slides are made from bar stock. Does that mean they are forged? Or can bar stock be made by casting? Is the material carbon steel? I’d like to have the option of bluing the gun.
Old 07-26-2020, 04:43 PM

My only experience with 1911's are a Remington and Colt wartime issued. Both nice and much spent to get the parts right. I dont carry a 1911 so my experience is limited, got these on a trade of sorts. Now that im reading, interested in seeing what my old eyes can group. I do keep an old Astra a100 in the truck, had it so long dont remember shooting it
Old 07-28-2020, 06:48 AM

I have 3 Freedom series Fusion's, they are all great shooters and a good value for the $. I don't have a Pro-Series, I believe these are the custom shop line-up. I am now saving for a Freedom series kit to build my own. I also, added one of their 38 Super barrels to my 9mm Fusion Combat, now I have it for 9mm & 38 Super shooting. Fun pistols.
Old 07-29-2020, 12:53 PM

If I ever happen to find one I want available on the Fusion website I'm ordering it!
Old 08-05-2020, 01:40 PM

I got one of the 9mm Fusions as a kit and when completed it runs magnificent. The Kit had the slide lapped to the frame at the Binghamton factory and the salesperson at the registered dealer I picked it up at was impressed that there was no wobble and it was tight. Trigger pull is light and easy. It shoots extremely well.
Old 08-05-2020, 04:46 PM

It is worth noting that the owner of Fusion is Bob Serva, ex-Pres of Dan Wesson. My experience is that Bob will answer the phone and answer your questions.
Old 08-10-2020, 07:18 AM

Fusion pre-move to Florida all I can say is the customer service was really suspect and it's because "bob" answers the phone. Few threads here and there discussing those things. He might be this and that in some ways but customer service and running the business wasn't his forte, as it were. If those things have been ironed out now, you might have good luck with it.
Old 08-10-2020, 08:16 AM

I have a Fusion Longslide on order. It is 6 weeks overdue, so I don't know first-hand yet about their quality. I have made a recent visit to their Facebook page and there are a few strongly disgruntled people there. Every company has them, but these few are dedicated to convincing every prospective customer to go elsewhere. It makes for an unpleasant visit. There is this, though: Fusion could remove these posts, but they leave them be. That says something to me.

Last edited by 1911_Bandit; 08-10-2020 at 08:24 AM.
Old 08-11-2020, 12:20 PM

I bought one of their 'kits' a few years ago, not long after Fusion moved down to Florida. The frame was still stamped Binghamton, had no problems ordering or receiving the parts. Had no problems talking to people their, talked to Bob on a Sunday! Love the gun!
Old 08-11-2020, 03:10 PM

Customer service has been spot on in my experiences with them. As far as quality....my Fusion Commander is one of my best shooters. Definately some longer delays lately, but I know that when I order, it might take a while as they are very busy. Bob has been nothing but great when dealing with him.
Old 08-11-2020, 03:44 PM

Fusion produces both cast and barstock frames. Lower end guns are cast frame guns...at least at one time they were.
The modern production 1911 - high visibility sights, beavertail grip safety, aluminum trigger, good trigger pull, enhanced slide/ frame fit, accurized barrel/bushing fit. If itís not a Kimber, itís a copy.
Old 08-12-2020, 07:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1911_Bandit View Post
I have a Fusion Longslide on order. It is 6 weeks overdue, so I don't know first-hand yet about their quality. I have made a recent visit to their Facebook page and there are a few strongly disgruntled people there. Every company has them, but these few are dedicated to convincing every prospective customer to go elsewhere. It makes for an unpleasant visit. There is this, though: Fusion could remove these posts, but they leave them be. That says something to me.
I would agree that not censoring the negatives says some thing good and like I say if the move to Florida improved CS issues then that's great for them.
Old 08-12-2020, 11:34 PM

I did purchase a set Fusion of take off parts from a Fusion made GI model. They seem alright, though they are MIM and cast components.

I have also purchased a few new Fusion parts, all machined parts. One slide stop impressed me as machined MIM because of the dip on the lever where the pin attaches to it. That is usually a give away. So the jury is still out here.
The modern production 1911 - high visibility sights, beavertail grip safety, aluminum trigger, good trigger pull, enhanced slide/ frame fit, accurized barrel/bushing fit. If itís not a Kimber, itís a copy.
Old 08-13-2020, 02:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viper_29 View Post
I would agree that not censoring the negatives says some thing good and like I say if the move to Florida improved CS issues then that's great for them.
I spoke too soon. A lot of the negative banter has disappeared, including some of my posts.
Old 08-13-2020, 04:02 AM

I read on Facebook that the long slides will be shipping out soon. He acknowledged that a lot of people were waiting on them. I’m sure the Covid thing affected his suppliers etc...
Old 08-13-2020, 04:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by combat auto View Post
<snip> looks like their Pro-Series prices have gone up a bit since last time I visited their site maybe 3 years ago. They are pretty much in the #3K bucket now</snip>

For the $3K "bucket"...Alchemy Prime Elite would be MY choice (for a couple hundred more). All day long and twice on Sunday!!
Old 08-13-2020, 04:07 AM

Tell me about Fusion Firearms

Quote:
Originally Posted by Striker2237 View Post
I am interested in buying one to see how it compares to Springfield, Colt and RIA but wanted to ask around first to see if owners like the guns and how they are made since I have never seen one in person.
https://www.1911forum.com/forums/sho...ghlight=fusion

After reading this a few years ago, I never considered the brand again.
Old 08-13-2020, 08:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by oopie View Post
I read on Facebook that the long slides will be shipping out soon. He acknowledged that a lot of people were waiting on them. I’m sure the Covid thing affected his suppliers etc...
Yes, he did mention that LPA, a supplier of his sights, was locked down, and some companies that do the finishes were running way behind. I ordered at the end of April, with the pandemic well underway. The original 6 week promise blossomed into 6 more weeks, (to the end of July) and now there is a Facebook promise that Longslides are on the bench and could ship in 10-14 days. That would be on or around Aug. 18th. It is hard to tell if I am being played. I want to give them the benefit of the doubt. I'll know more if I get another "6 more weeks" promise.
Old 08-13-2020, 01:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flight Medic View Post
For the $3K "bucket"...Alchemy Prime Elite would be MY choice (for a couple hundred more). All day long and twice on Sunday!!

I am a fanboy of both Alchemy Custom Weaponry and Fusion. I have them both and wouldnít trade either of them. With Fusion, you have a lot more custom options to play around with to build it how you want it. With Alchemy, you get much less options, but itís built by Rob Schauland how he wants it...which is a good thing! (I have the Classic Carry and its a beauty.)