Who shoots their expensive 1911’s a lot? - Page 5 - 1911Forum
1911Forum
Advertise Here
Forum   Reviews   Rules   Legal   Site Supporters & Donations   Advertise

Go Back   1911Forum > >

Notices

Old 06-09-2020, 08:57 PM

My EDC is a Nighthawk Predator III .45 ACP that I've had for 8 years and I couldn't tell you how many rounds I've put through it. It has ran flawlessly since the day I purchased it and I'm more confident and accurate with it than any other weapon I've ever owned.

I also have a Wilson Combat CQB 10mm for home defense that I shoot on a regular basis, but not near as much. I don't buy things to just look at them...except for a few swords....maybe
Old 06-11-2020, 06:32 PM

I shoot my Cabot everytime I go. Why have it if your not shooting it
Old 06-11-2020, 08:37 PM

Who made the holster? Is it a JM Custom Kydex?
Attached Thumbnails
Screen Shot 2020-06-11 at 21.35.28.png  
Old 06-11-2020, 08:42 PM

I shot 350 rounds through my T4 the day I got it. I chose 9x19mm because it's cheaper to shoot and I'll reload 1/3 more ammo for it. 250 FMJ, 50 Speer Gold Dot 124 gr JHP and 50 Federal Tactical HST. Perfect reliability with CMC and WC ETM magazines and excellent accuracy.
Attached Thumbnails
T4.jpg  
Old 06-11-2020, 09:19 PM

I bought a Les Baer TRS about 15 years ago. I carried it daily, and shot quite a bit over the years. We had a night qualification during that time frame where the temp was well below zero. As the qual started out my shooting hand froze to the pistol frame. I just kept shooting and as the qual continued the frame warm up and my hand was released. I shot 100%.
Old 06-12-2020, 07:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomrkba View Post
Who made the holster? Is it a JM Custom Kydex?
Yes it is, JMCK wingclaw 2.5
Old 06-12-2020, 09:30 PM

I didn't read all the posts.

I don't know what constitutes an "expensive" 1911, but I have an Ed Brown Kobra Carry and have just under 10K rounds through it. Some might not consider that a lot, but it is what I've shot.

I also do a lot of dry practice. I have well over 200,000 dry trigger presses, presentations from the holster and cycles of the slide.

Yes, a gun, any gun, should be shot a lot. This one isn't my favorite gun for nothing.

www.blackrivertraining.com
Old 06-13-2020, 09:38 AM

If I don’t shoot them the next owner will. I do get bored when they run ammo flawlessly. I feel like the Maytag repair man. Only one needed the extractor tuned, the rest ran fine. I purchased two more new 1911’s trying to get a failure but right out of the box there flawless too.

Gun Safety never sleeps or takes a day off, be safe do it right......
Old 06-13-2020, 04:58 PM

The guns that I shoot the most are my DW Valor 45 and Nighthawk Falcon 45. When I am not shooting them I am shooting my DW Bruin 10mm and my Nighthawk Heinie Long Slide 10mm. I bought these guns to shoot and that is what I do with them. A lot of shooting. I have other guns. Lots of other guns. But, these are the ones that I enjoy shooting the most. The others never seem to make it out of the safe. None of these look any worse for wear. Cleaned up they could all be mistaken for close to new, and they all have multiple thousands of rounds through them.

When you develop a taste for the good stuff, nothing else seems to measure up.
Old 06-17-2020, 05:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillW View Post
I bought a Les Baer TRS about 15 years ago. I carried it daily, and shot quite a bit over the years. We had a night qualification during that time frame where the temp was well below zero. As the qual started out my shooting hand froze to the pistol frame. I just kept shooting and as the qual continued the frame warm up and my hand was released. I shot 100%.
That's a pretty cool exhibition of determination as well as marksmanship!
Colt Officer's Model in S/S, Les Baer 1.5" S.R.P w/Hard Chrome finish; S&W 686; Beretta M9A3; Ed Brown Classic Custom; Kimber Classic Stainless w/Gemini Customs mods; Clark Custom Meltdown-D; Walther PPK/S; NRA Life Member
Old 06-17-2020, 01:12 PM

Not sure what shoot alot means or expensive for that matter. Have a NH Falcon, LB Black Baer and WC CQB. Shoot them all almost every week....have my own outdoor range.
Never saw the point in safe queens.
Shooting is enjoyable and shooting a fine handgun is addicting, just ask my wife.