1911Forum
Advertise Here
Forum   Reviews   Rules   Legal   Site Supporters & Donations   Advertise

Go Back   1911Forum > >

Notices

Old 06-26-2013, 06:16 AM

Pete Single's Custom Colt for $40

[IMG][/IMG]

Don't miss your chance to win this one-of-a-kind custom Colt 1911 pistol customized by Master Metalsmith Pete Single & generously donated for raffle by TALO Distributor's Inc!
Only 500 tickets available - Tickets are $40 each and this raffle closes at noon Saturday!
Tickets can only be purchased by calling USA Shooting at 719-866-4883. Good luck, and thank you for supporting the USA Shooting Team!
Old 06-26-2013, 06:23 AM

Guys, I have personally handled this gun and it is a masterpiece. I am going to buy a ticket now!
Brent
Old 06-26-2013, 08:52 AM

The USA Shooting Team thanks you

And you might win a masterpiece for $40 !!!
[IMG][/IMG]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-26-2013, 09:40 AM

I just bought a ticket, thanks for the heads up.
Old 06-26-2013, 09:51 AM

Some of Pete's work

[IMG][/IMG]
Old 06-26-2013, 12:00 PM

just got 2 tickets and the lady said they only have 12 left.
Old 06-26-2013, 12:55 PM

Gentlemen,

A brief description of work below.

Letter of Authenticity
COLT ‘Wiley Clapp’ Model 5" Gov't Series 70

Every part of this pistol enjoys some sort of custom touch. Every part is detailed and assembled to insure proper fit and function. All retaining pins, dovetail sight cuts are a precision gauge fit. The entire pistol is softened and smoothed for comfort of handling characteristics. Several custom parts were made to enhance trouble free service life, durability, reliability, and accuracy of the pistol.

All parts use in the assembly of this pistol are either machined from forgings or bar-stock tool steel. Critical parts are heat treated and checked for proper Rockwell hardness. No castings of any type are used in this pistol.

The pistol is coated in ION BOND Tungsten DLC (Diamond Like Carbon) a PVD coating that is hard as diamond.

Pete Single “Metalsmithing” logo is etched on the bottom of the frame's dust cover.

This pistol was customized special to benefit the USA Shooting Team, my friend’s at COLT, and TALO Inc.

Sincerely,
Pete Single
https://petesingle.com/ 1911 Research Laboratories/President/CEO/Executive Director of Scientific Development /Lead Research Analyst/HR Administrator for Discipline & Punishment/Services 100% Guaranteed to my Satisfaction/Bill Collector/(I approved this message)
Old 06-26-2013, 03:58 PM

just bought my ticket
Old 06-26-2013, 03:59 PM

The Man himself

Pete, Thanks for adding that description. Would it be a problem if I won this pistol? It is a work of art that begs to be shot well.

BC
Old 06-26-2013, 04:03 PM

Very pretty pistol for sure.
Old 06-26-2013, 05:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by taloinc View Post
And you might win a masterpiece for $40 !!!
Bob, any chance of posting a pic of the complete other side of this beauty?
Old 06-26-2013, 08:54 PM

I only have these other photos
[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]
Old 06-26-2013, 10:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by taloinc View Post
I only have these other photos
Thank You Sir! TALO-Colt pistols over the past few years has been mighty impressive and Pete's work on the checkering has given them a utilitarian value that exceeds expectations. Thanks to the folks at TALO for being in touch!
Old 06-27-2013, 09:10 AM

It's a great looking pistol, and was built by a good friend.

I sure hope it goes to a good home.......
like mine.
Old 06-27-2013, 01:23 PM

I think there is a complete 'description of work' on TALO INC. facebook page.
https://petesingle.com/ 1911 Research Laboratories/President/CEO/Executive Director of Scientific Development /Lead Research Analyst/HR Administrator for Discipline & Punishment/Services 100% Guaranteed to my Satisfaction/Bill Collector/(I approved this message)
Old 06-27-2013, 04:19 PM

Wow! Just slipped in under the line and got the last two tickets from Sarah. That is a neat pistola and a great cause and, rest assured, I'll give it a good home if I wind up with it.
Old 06-27-2013, 05:08 PM

Anything built by Pete is a treasure to behold. Nice work as usual my friend.

Regards,

Chuck
Old 06-27-2013, 05:25 PM

I don't know if I'd be fit to live with if I owned TWO Pete Single guns, but I bought a ticket anyway.

It's sure enough a beauty!
Old 06-27-2013, 06:03 PM

Awesome work and great cause Pete.
American Pistolsmith Guild
Old 06-27-2013, 06:22 PM

Very nice, and I love the Ionbond finish!
Old 06-27-2013, 07:06 PM

Howdy Folks,

I understand there are some tickets out there that are not returned yet with payment, we will know tomorrow the exact numbers. The drawing is MONDAY the 1st.

SOOOO, there is still hope to get a ticket tomorrow.

If you want a ticket (s) call Sara @ USA Shooting Team tomorrow, mountain time, and see if you can get a number.

Thank you everyone for your support.
Old 06-27-2013, 07:48 PM

Anyone want to sell me their ticket for $50?
Old 06-27-2013, 08:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metal Smith View Post
Howdy Folks,

I understand there are some tickets out there that are not returned yet with payment, we will know tomorrow the exact numbers. The drawing is MONDAY the 1st.

SOOOO, there is still hope to get a ticket tomorrow.

If you want a ticket (s) call Sara @ USA Shooting Team tomorrow, mountain time, and see if you can get a number.

Thank you everyone for your support.
Thank you sir for the heads up; I'll be calling her in the morning!

Rick
Old 06-27-2013, 09:22 PM

Need to make a phone call in the am it looks like. I would love a PS gun.
Old 06-28-2013, 01:42 AM

Below is a consolidated version I cut & pasted of the description of work for those considering getting a ticket today.

This truly is a hard working pistol, meaning, loaded with many custom features, built to last many thousands of rounds of trouble free service. It includes 4 high quality COLT magazines DLC plated, and an extra tuned extractor.

I thank the forum for allowing us to hogg-up some of the their web space.

Pete

Description of Custom Work
Performed on COLT Serial # 1000WCB

NOVAK Genuine 14 kt gold bead front sight
Low Mount style rear sight with .140 wide rear notch. Front sight blade .125 wide x .180 tall with 14 kt. gold bead. Top of the slide is serrate 30 lines per inch around the top contour of the slide with an attractive 'arrowhead' pattern pointing at the front sight.

COLT Stainless Steel Match-Target Barrel
This barrel is precisely fit to the slide and frame with no excessive movement when locked into battery. Care has been taken to insure all locking surfaces rest evenly in the slide and on slide stop pin. The final chamber dimensions are finish-cut by hand to the optimum size for reliable function and accuracy. The chamber mouth is carefully throated and polished for reliable feeding of all types of ammunition. The barrel tube is gently tapered to the muzzle to prevent binding during cycling and only locks tight to the barrel bush when in the firing position.

Precision Slide & Frame fit
Truly a unique fit. Engineered so the slide is only snug with the frame rails when locked into the firing position. The slide is first 'blueprinted' on CNC machinery so the rails are absolutely parallel with the frame rails when locked in battery, then a gentle taper is cut in the forward section of the slide rails so the slide comes free to cycle as it starts rearward to unlock. The frame starts out with oversize rails that equal the hardness of the slide, after the slide is 'blueprinted', and then the frame rails system is machined to match the slide dimensions. Relief cuts are made in the rail system to exhaust fouling so it will stay working for many cycles without binding.

Custom made Barrel bushing
The face of the bushing is made extra thick so it can accommodate a flush recessed muzzle crown. Slide bore is finished reamed and honed so it is perfectly concentric. The bushing fits the slide to a perfect slip fit for easy removal. The bushing key way is left oversize and hand cut to insure the bushing face is held tight to the face of the slide.

Precision Metal Checkering
Frontstrap & mainspring housing are checkered at 25 lines per inch. Trigger guard area where it joins the frontstrap is relieved for the highest possible grip. I developed the 25 line per inch pattern in 1992 to be the perfect compromise between 20 and 30 lines per inch, 20 being too sharp for most and 30 being too fine. It pleases the vast majority of shooters and has quickly became an industry standard.

Beavertail Grip Safety
The grip safety fit on this pistol is exceptional. Machined oversize from solid bar-stock (this is not a casting) and blended to the frame for the highest possible grip; when combined with a high-cut frontstrap, it allows the pistol to sit low and level in your hand. Memory pad is serrated 22.5 lines per inch. The safety tab is grooved on the top for easy removal without having to remove the mainspring housing first.

Mainspring Housing
The mainspring housing is machined from bar stock to fit the frame to a perfect slip fit. The frame web that connects the mag-chute to the mainspring housing is cut away, extra metal is left on the mainspring housing during manufacture to fill this gap; this allows the mainspring housing to be beveled all the way back to within .030 of the mainspring housing pin. This combination gives the largest possible opening.

Extended Ejector
The ejector is custom made for this particular slide and frame combination to fill the recess in the slide perfectly. It is extra wide and positioned as close to the center of the slide as possible to provide a solid strike on the case rim. The mounting studs are machined with a large radius where the studs connect to the ejector body for increased shear strength. The ejector retaining pin is enlarged from .062 to .078 for increased holding strength in the receiver.

Ignition System
This is an ‘Ultra-Match’ hammer & sear set, courtesy of Bill Laughridge of Cylinder & Slide. It is what I consider one of the finest units available today. The trigger pull weight is set at 4 1/2 pounds, with smooth and even trigger travel. Hammer hooks are cut to maximum height and maximum spring tension is applied to the sear for positive safe function. Hammer and sear pins are ground for cylindrical uniformity. The trigger is a solid aluminum shoe, medium length, with fine serrations on the face. A solid steel cross pin secures the heat treated stainless steel trigger bow to the shoe to insure the two parts never come loose.

COLT Forged Slide Stop Pin
The pin is shortened slightly where it protrudes through the side of the frame; the frame hole is beveled for easy removal of the slide stop. The rear face of the slide stop is angled so the plunger ball keeps the lever in a positive downward position during the firing cycle. The edges are neatly trimmed to remove excess bulk. The thumb pad is done in fine serrations.

Firing Pin Stop
This is machined from an oversized blank to match the slots in the slide and extractor perfectly holding the extractor in perfect alignment. A smaller radius than the factory standard is machined on the heel of the firing pin stop. This increases the cocking pressure of the hammer on the slide keeping the slide locked into battery slightly longer, slowing the velocity of the slide allowing the pistol to cycle more smoothly.

Magazine Catch
Machined from solid bar-stock and heat-treated to a high hardness for smooth magazine insertions. The face is slightly extended, serrated and machined on an angle so your thumb sticks positively to the face.

Last edited by Metal Smith; 06-28-2013 at 01:49 AM.