1911Forum
Advertise Here
Forum   Reviews   Rules   Legal   Site Supporters & Donations   Advertise

Go Back   1911Forum > >

Notices

Old 08-07-2019, 10:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boge View Post
Ted Kennedy & Ronald "Amnesty" Reagan head the list of those deceased.
I would put Bush 41 in there too. He is the one who brought us millions of illegals through work visas and also things like chain immigration and lottery immigration. Hope he rots in hell along with Kennedy.
Old 08-07-2019, 10:58 AM

Quote:
Ted Kennedy & Ronald "Amnesty" Reagan head the list of those deceased. Regardless, that is ancient history. The "flood" they unleashed has come to this. We are left to deal with this "tsunami" of sh&% they have bequeathed unto us that is our current immigration situation. The Liberals are "terraforming" the country and "replacing" the White Man. They state as such daily. Look at the Democrat "Squad". They are our future unless something happens soon.
Yep, according to CNN, I am that "white man". I am now a "white nationalist" and/or "white supremacist".
Hopefully the smart folks in those places will vote out "the squad".

I cant argue against the "terraforming" and "transformation" of what used to be be "American".

With the way things are shifting, I see it all as one step closer to a civil war. What that war looks like I dunno, but I think America has a good # of real American Patriots who understand the meaning of the flag and COTUS, and then some "Americans" who dont understand it and/or wish to destroy it.

Things are certainly now very on-edge.
Old 08-07-2019, 09:28 PM

The number of Mexican nationals among the dead is shocking. If the murder sample is representative of actual population numbers...

The challenge remains: Keeping firearms out of the hands of nuts.
Old 08-07-2019, 09:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loco1911 View Post
The number of Mexican nationals among the dead is shocking. If the murder sample is representative of actual population numbers...

The real challenge is protecting the border.
Old 08-07-2019, 10:05 PM

Nine themes in El Paso shooter's manifesto the media ignored to blame Trump.

The last one unfortunately didn't happen to him--forcible reduction of the population. Happened to the Dayton guy though. Well, at least Mr. Crusius can look forward to three hots and a cot for a looooonng time. Not to mention private living accommodations, perhaps in scenic Florence, CO, where he will be given ample time to reflect on how much fun life is.

Personally, I would like to see him transported by this method (launch at 3:45) into shark-infested waters which have just been filled with fish chum.

Last edited by TominMO; 08-07-2019 at 10:21 PM.
Old 08-08-2019, 09:32 AM

Quote:

Are they legal or illegal?

Legal folks from MX seems normal, El Paso is a pseudo gateway between US and MX right there on the border.

It's also a gateway that attracts illegal immigrants.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HT77 View Post
The real challenge is protecting the border.
In what context is it a "challenge"? Trump could stop it tomorrow is the demkrats would let him.

Last edited by 1911_Kid; 08-08-2019 at 09:45 AM.
Old 08-08-2019, 07:54 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Well, the latest news is that this wingnut's mom had called police a week or two before the shooting to report that he had bought an AK-47 type rifle and that she was worried. The police couldn't do anything of course as he had purchased it legally and was 21yo. However it was pretty clear that his mom knew that he was unstable yet didn't do anything beyond that. It's up to the families to get involved and do something if they're concerned about someone. The cops can't do anything but enforce the law, and she should've realized that.
Avoid the temptation to replace everything on your brand-new 1911 just to make it "better". Know what you're changing out and why. You may spend a lot of money fixing things that weren't broken to begin with. Shoot at least 500 rounds through it first, then decide what you don't like and want to improve. Regarding vintage 1911s, pre-1970 pistols are highly collectible in original, unaltered condition and should NEVER be refinished or modified as it completely ruins their monetary value.
Old 08-08-2019, 11:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsk View Post
Well, the latest news is that this wingnut's mom had called police a week or two before the shooting to report that he had bought an AK-47 type rifle and that she was worried. The police couldn't do anything of course as he had purchased it legally and was 21yo. However it was pretty clear that his mom knew that he was unstable yet didn't do anything beyond that. It's up to the families to get involved and do something if they're concerned about someone. The cops can't do anything but enforce the law, and she should've realized that.

Enter the so-called "Red Flag Laws".
How do we square all this?
Old 08-08-2019, 11:13 PM

Quote:
This is the crux of the matter. What (constitutional) procedure would prevent gun use by the unstable? (I got nothin'.) Prepare to see more mass killings as they will certainly continue without an effective way of dealing with mental illness.

Enough of the citizenry being armed and trained would also work, but don't see that happening in these United States. ...Which aren't as united now.

The El Paso I grew up in no longer exists, but the almost complete absence of racism likely continues. This stranger from Dallas brought violence to a people who, I believe, would have welcomed him.

Asylum claims are being grossly abused and the mega-influx of illegals (who all need to be deported) is alarming. Shooting them is beyond insane.
Old 08-08-2019, 11:27 PM

Quote:
Thats her story. The PD said they have no record of that call.
I guess more investigating is needed for validation.
Old 08-09-2019, 07:27 PM

The border crossings here are very busy in both directions. Americans go over to Juarez to work in the maquila industry and Mexican nationals come over here to legally work, shop and see movies.The stretch of I-10 in East El Paso is easily accessible from a number of crossings. The perp could not have chosen a more productive location if he planned in advance. More Mexicans shop at that Super Walmart than any other in El Paso County. The Mexican nationals who perished here were just out looking for weekend bargains with thousands of others from Mexico. On Saturday, 5% to 10% of vehicles you see here on I-10 have Mexico plates. They come here and have always felt safe, while my wife and I havenít gone over to Juarez in 15 years.

The last time we were in Juarez, an M113 APC rolled up next to us at a light and discharged a dozen FAL equipped solders. They proceeded to drag everyone off a bus and lay them face down on the road while we were stuck for an hour.
The restaurants are excellent and the food is cheap but that event kinda closed that book. The cartel murder spree didnít help either.

When you have a 2 hour wait in line to cross the border into the US, the proximity to the big mall, Samís Club , Super Walmart and a multi screen theatre makes for the most efficient trip. I havenít been to that store since they built a SW half a mile from my house 3 yrs ago but I remember it being a nice enough store.

My wife, her aunt and our 7 year old great nephew were together at the mall, with that Walmart as their next stop. They were directed into a storage area by local LEO during the event. Fortunately the 7 year old saw a game store in the mall he wanted to look at and delayed their exit from the mall.

Here in Texas if you see a 30-07 sign in a public place, that does totally restrict any open carry. A 30-06 sign deals with CCW and has very specific limits by law, but non binding places use it to tell concealed carriers that theyíre not welcome. If youíre concealed but printing, the store or restaurant manager who posts a sign can ask you to leave and you need to exit that private building without argument. Youíre ok in the store parking lot. Some statutes will change here Sept. 1.

I have my CCL and can count on one hand, the number of times Iíve been in my local SW without my LCP and a spare mag. Iím carful not to print and have never had any issues.
Old 08-09-2019, 08:10 PM

I went to my local Walmart Super Center last weekend (after the shooting)
and it did feel like people were a little on edge, or maybe it was just me
feeling/being more alert than usual while shopping.

I chose to carry (IWB) my Kimber TLE/RL stainless 1911, which I converted
to fire .45 Super. I had 8+1 in the gun and 2 extra 8 round mags, so I felt
nicely armed. I (normally) would have been carrying my Kimber stainless
Compact (4" barrel / Officer size frame) but I thought it better to pack a
little more "heat" that day....

.....................Kimber TLE/RL .45 Super with night sights and
..................Underwood 185 Gr. XTP/JHP .45 Super (1300/695)
Old 08-10-2019, 04:41 PM

Blaming video games lets the left off the hook for changing the public perception of the mentally ill from threats to victims.

The left debauched the field of psychiatry. There is no longer ever a diagnosis that a person is so criminally insane as to be too dangerous to remain loose. Every admission to a psych ward starts a countdown timer ticking to 18 months to "rehabilitation." In 18 months, the patient will be released from an institution under the supervision of an overworked case worker. Eventually, they stop taking their meds.

https://www.americanthinker.com/blog...shootings.html
Old 08-12-2019, 12:52 PM

Quote:

According to the most recent reports I could find there were 8 Mexican citizens murdered. One German citizen killed and the rest were American citizens or had a legal right to be here. He killed 22 and injured 26.

The coward told police he drove 10 hours from his hometown to El Paso so as to be better able to shoot more Mexicans and because he didn't want to be recognized by friends or family if he shot up Mexicans closer to his home. His mother might have gotten mad at him or embarrassed, I assume. Interesting then that he didn't wear a mask.

El Paso was founded in 1598 by the Spanish and Juarez in 1659 the area grew more after that. They are sister cities. The U.S. border showed up there in 1848. So yeah there are Mexicans there. People move back and forth across the border to shop, visit and work daily. Thousands do that each day.

There was Jordan and Andre Achondo who died trying to protect their infant child. Andre was of Mexican descent and Jordan was Caucasion. They were married one year.

There was Arturo Benavides who was in his 60s. He was a veteran of the U.S. Army and was a bus driver for 20 years. Murdered.

There was also Angie Englisbee. 86 years old, Caucasion with 7 children and many grandchildren. She was in the check out line when the low life scum shot her.

Jessica and Memo Garcia, husband and wife were there at the front of the store raising funds for the youth sports team their kids played on. They were shot dead. American citizens.

Javirer Rodriguez was 15 years old and in High School in El Paso. A born citizen. Killed.

63 year old David Johnson was with his wife and granddaughter shopping for school supplies when shot dead.

Jorge Calvillo Garcia was 61. He was a Mexican national who had recently moved to El Paso. He had family on both sides of the border. He also showed up that day to help raise funds for the youth sports team. He died using his body as a shield to protect his granddaughter.

Luis Juarez was 90 years old and a U.S. citizen.

Alexander Hoffman was the German citizen.

Margie Reckard, 63, was a U.S. citizen.

Of course there were more and the wounded you can find out about.

Some reported that the killer was letting Black and Caucasian shoppers leave. But he still killed a number of Caucasians. There were folks wounded of course.

Quote:
Grant told CNN that the memory of people kneeling and praying for mercy in Spanish before they were executed still haunts him.

“They were on the ground, and he still just shot them in the head,” Grant told CNN’s Chris Cuomo. “They were praying, ‘Please! Please! Don’t shoot me.’ And he had no remorse for their lives at all.”

Grant, who is black, said he started throwing soda bottles to distract the shooter when he was shot.
Grant was wounded trying to keep the killer from slaughtering praying people.

Wal Mart workers rallied and mostly kept their cool. They organised folks to get to the exits and leave and kept some calm wherever they could.

In the days after the shooting thousands of people on both sides of the border showed up to donate blood and to the commemorations for the slain.

The main thing the coward accomplished was to give a present to the liberals of the Democratic party and to the gun control advocates. Same as the fellas in Gilroy and in Ohio.

The other thing was to try to drive a wedge between U.S. born workers and immigrant workers. The only thing that does is to drive down wages and benefits for all workers. The bosses have a layer of about 12 million working people who by law are a second class layer of workers. They want to keep it that way. They will not deport them all. They want them scared and this immature murderous fool who does not want to be "replaced" handed the industrialists a present.

tipoc

Last edited by tipoc; 08-12-2019 at 12:57 PM.
Old 08-12-2019, 02:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tipoc View Post

The main thing the coward accomplished was to give a present to the liberals of the Democratic party and to the gun control advocates. Same as the fellas in Gilroy and in Ohio.

tipoc
I dont think this incident gave demkrats anything. It gave CNN and MSNBC some hope about staying on the air, that's it. Demkrats were well into a anti2A campaign, always have been for many many years.

Demkrats have one mission in context of 2A, abolish it any way they can.
Old 08-12-2019, 05:06 PM

It gave them wind beneath their wings. It revitalized the discussion on the Red Flag Laws which POTUS endorsed the other day.

https://www.nationalreview.com/2019/...red-flag-laws/

https://www.newsweek.com/red-flag-la...ontrol-1453127

17 states currently have some version of red flag laws and others may follow.

In some states there will be an attempt to make some type of insurance mandatory for gun owners in case they shoot someone.

It encourages politicians of both parties to hand more power to law enforcement to step up surveillance on what they call now "White nationalists" and by extension any gun owner in order to protect against potential threats. This limits political space.

It forced President Trump to come out and denounce racism etc.

See instead of their being more honest debate about immigration till something gets done, a cowardly killer goes out and randomly shoots people of Mexican descent, and anyone else that gets in the way, this does not make the debate easier. It gets in the way. Always does.

He ain't the first to kill Mexicans.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/San_Ys...d%27s_massacre

So yep the El Paso shooting hands them an opportunity to weaken the 2nd. This one in particular because it was a conscious political act.

It gives the democrats more fuel to claim that this country is more racist and that is just not true.

tipoc

Last edited by tipoc; 08-12-2019 at 05:12 PM.
Old 08-13-2019, 09:07 AM

I have no problem going to Wal Mart armed (CCW), but I am more concerned with being attacked and robbed in the parking lot than inside of the store itself. Wal Mart tends to be a magnet for crime in the parking lots.

But I do not think that if anyone at that El Paso Wal MArt could have done anything if they were armed. The store was super busy and packed with shoppers. When the shooting started people were fleeing and panicking all over. Unless you were in the right place at the right time, had a clear field of fire with no innocents in the way, could actually identify the shooter, you could not return fire. There were very probably some armed persons in the store, but they really couldn't do anything about it. You don't want to be the person who returned fire on the shooter, but hit a innocent person fleeing instead. It isn't all it is cracked up to be with being armed as we are more constrained than the criminal who has no constraints.
Old 08-13-2019, 09:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by earlwb View Post
I have no problem going to Wal Mart armed (CCW), but I am more concerned with being attacked and robbed in the parking lot than inside of the store itself. Wal Mart tends to be a magnet for crime in the parking lots.

But I do not think that if anyone at that El Paso Wal MArt could have done anything if they were armed. The store was super busy and packed with shoppers. When the shooting started people were fleeing and panicking all over. Unless you were in the right place at the right time, had a clear field of fire with no innocents in the way, could actually identify the shooter, you could not return fire. There were very probably some armed persons in the store, but they really couldn't do anything about it. You don't want to be the person who returned fire on the shooter, but hit a innocent person fleeing instead. It isn't all it is cracked up to be with being armed as we are more constrained than the criminal who has no constraints.
This speculation is plausible, but I want the FBI to investigate this stuff, find out who had a firearm, ask them why they did not engage, who had arms in vehicles but did not go back to get them and then engage. Maybe the no-guns sign kept guns out of the store but if 50 people say they left their gun in car because of the sign and then say they would have engaged if they had their gun, this is good data against these gun-free zone crap. Their names can remain anonymous, but having these stats is important for many reasons.

@post #141 - you are simply pointing out how they use the incident in their game of politics. Nothing new and no surprise, been going on for a very long time. And its the reason why you are not seeing the Senate come rushing back. All this swamp shiat in a big election year amplifies the loon's effort to try and convince the ignorant of stupid stuff. A 91yr old lady just schooled the idiot Harris with a "dont mess with our healthcare!"

Last edited by 1911_Kid; 08-13-2019 at 09:28 AM.
Old 08-14-2019, 01:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1911_Kid View Post
...but I want the FBI to investigate this stuff, find out who had a firearm, ask them why they did not engage, who had arms in vehicles but did not go back to get them and then engage. Maybe the no-guns sign kept guns out of the store but if 50 people say they left their gun in car because of the sign and then say they would have engaged if they had their gun, this is good data against these gun-free zone crap. Their names can remain anonymous, but having these stats is important for many reasons...

Name ONE TIME that objective data changed a Liberal politician's mind on gun control?

Guy Noir, private eye.
Old 08-14-2019, 01:28 PM

Quote:
Name ONE TIME that objective data changed a Liberal politician's mind on gun control?
I did not say it would change their dense lead minds. I just seeking the data which proves that gun-free zones are bad. I want the damn proof.

So, get this, Biden made gaff the other day, he said what's in my sig. But if he had said it the other way "facts over truth" he would be 100% correct. Why, because facts are proven truths, but, truths do not always carry proof.

Example, we all know gun-free zones are part of the problem, its a known truth among the pro2A folks, but we dont quite yet have the proof to convert the "truth" into "fact". This concept also applies to out observations of the universe. Most of the universe is theory, but many theories are held as truth, but very few things about the universe is fact. Why, because theories fail to have proof, but they can still be held as truth.

Thus, we must abolish the gun-free zones so we can obtain the proper data to prove the truth as fact.

So, in essence, I dont really care what the liberal farts do, I still want the data to prove it.
Old 08-20-2019, 11:08 AM

According to this report the shooter posted this in his "manifesto"...

Quote:
Remember: it is not cowardly to pick low hanging fruit. AKA (sic) Donít attack heavily guarded areas to fulfll (sic) your super soldier COD [Call of Duty first person shooter video game] fantasy. Attack low security targets. Even though you might out gun a security guard or police man, they likely beat you in armor, training and numbers. Do not throw away your life on an unnecessarily dangerous target. If a target seems too hot, live to fight another day.
https://spectator.org/mass-shootings-in-gun-free-zones/

So think on this some.

tipoc
Old 08-20-2019, 02:28 PM

Quote:
The problem is that 'objective data' never makes it to the mass media for consumption by Joe Public. Joe Public is who puts these liberal politicians in office.

The silent revolution by the commies have succeeded in taking over the mass media. The take-over is nearly complete in the past 25 years and what they will not do is be objective with facts that go against the narrative they wish to indoctrinate the public with.
Old 08-20-2019, 02:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tipoc View Post
According to this report the shooter posted this in his "manifesto"...

https://spectator.org/mass-shootings-in-gun-free-zones/

So think on this some.

tipoc
A "manifesto". Wow, how nice of him. The next crazy d-bag might not leave any clues about anything.

In Afghanistan that suicide bomber left no clues, walked into a wedding event and instantly (0.00milli-sec) killed 60 people (maybe more) and injured many others.

If the lefty retards think guns are a problem then its time to replace all the retards!