Advertise Here
Forum   Reviews   Rules   Legal   Site Supporters & Donations   Advertise

Go Back   1911Forum > >

Notices

Old 01-24-2019, 09:31 AM

EMP coming to your town

https://freebeacon.com/national-secu...ckout-warfare/
Old 01-24-2019, 10:06 AM

On the plus side my wife won't be able to waste time on fakebook anymore. I should probably devise some kind of aluminum foil covers for my Aimpoint and Trijicon red dots on my rifles?

On second thought I will just use the iron sights if the red dots don't work!
Old 01-24-2019, 06:14 PM

Well worth reading.

Thanks for sharing.

I suppose the years ago Bond movie "GoldenEye" might have been more plausible than I supposed.

"Freedom is only a temporary thing unless it is backed by the blunt capability and willingness to fight back against evil with sufficient arms." -- Myself
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-24-2019, 09:20 PM

Well if China and Russia have them.

Then no doubt we do as well. Additionally these people are too clever to think that this might not be the case. If we ever go head to head with these people, China in particular. It could get really ugly really quick. Russia, as much as they would like to think of themselves as a global power the reality is that they are at best a regional one. However being a nuclear equipped regional power certainly is a game changer.

As for the Dragon. They are growing their capabilities by leaps and bounds. They are specifically developing specialized submarines whose sole function is to destroy our carriers. The myopic view of our military industrial complex. This being that carrier based air power is the end all and be all way to project military might on a global scale may yet to be our undoing. Missile technology has progressed to the point where missile ships are a far better way to go. This both in terms of effectiveness in theater, as well as in cost effectiveness. Seaborn air strikes are about the most expensive way ever devised to put ordinance on target overseas.

Unfortunately between a Navy that is largely dominated by aviation officers and a huge carrier construction lobby. This is not likely to change anytime soon. However it should be understood. That every day that goes by, the Chinese get a little stronger and the US gets a little weaker. All of these ships collisions recently in which US warships have collided with civilian vessels with lethal outcomes. These do not indicate a well disciplined naval force. These instances combined with all of the political grandstanding about gender, or perceived gender based, or extra gender based manning policies. Let it suffice to say that this does not bode well for us.

Actually I am not so advanced in age so as to rule out. The Chinese making a play for Taiwan. Should this happen, and I can easily see it especially with all of the recent uptick in rhetoric. It could get really ugly really fast. Just sayin.
Old 04-07-2019, 07:27 AM

I built a Farady box to protect essentials, and I have provisions
which don't require electricity and will sustain me for extended
outages, so I'm not concerned.
Old 04-07-2019, 09:04 AM

There is finally country wide efforts to "harden" the grid. I know of one project in Ga where a impressive control facility is being built. Totally isolated, redundancy, hardened construction to with stand just about anything and a serious security presence .