1911Forum banner

New CZ 1911 a1.

3K views 37 replies 17 participants last post by  Baby face 1911 
#1 ·
Is $715 otd a very good price on one of these?

#7 ·
DW in 2017 is offering two models similar to the CZ 1911-A1. They are the A-2 and the A-2 Commander. The new models have a few upgrades like combat sights and a beveled ejection port. The MSRP is nearly $1400. That should tell you whether or not $715 is a good price .

#10 ·
I paid $729 for mine not including the FFL transfer. I would say that's a very good deal, considering there probably aren't too many more new ones for sale out there.

#26 ·
^Funny you mention that. I just bought an A2 and thinking of doing a USMC MEUSOC inspired edge to it (blued Commander hammer, Videcki 3-hole trigger, flat serrated MSH w/ lanyard loop, blackened barrel and Pachmayr Combat Grips. Still up in the air about the ambi-safety if I can't find a King's 201a). I just wish it had the standard G.I. sight cuts instead of the Novak.
But then again, I might just leave it the hell alone lol..

#27 ·
I paid pretty close to full MSRP for mine, $799. It was a great pistol out of the box, but the thumb safety was poorly fitted and CZ's inability (or unwillingness) to fix it properly for me left a bad taste in my mouth for over a year. Eventually a fellow forum member sold me his spare one, and all is now right in the 1911 world again. It took CZ awhile to sell off the roughly 1,000 guns they produced in 2015, but now that they're no longer easy to find already it seems the demand for them is going up. Some see the possibility of them becoming collectible, sort of like the old Randall pistols, while others recognize that the buyer got a lot of gun for the money.

#29 ·
I paid pretty close to full MSRP for mine, $799. It was a great pistol out of the box, but the thumb safety was poorly fitted and CZ's inability (or unwillingness) to fix it properly for me left a bad taste in my mouth for over a year.
Not just yours, the safety on mine is ridiculously tight. Makes my old Hi Power small safety seem easy.

I haven't gotten mine out to shoot yet, but I did shoot a friends and it was quite nice.

I'm toying with the idea of consigning it and buying another 1911 in 9mm, possibly a Dan Wesson as I've never had one.

#31 ·
They're not beveled, but they're not razor-sharp either like a Colt sometimes is. They simply knocked off the sharp edge when deburring/polishing like any sane manufacturer would do. Why Colt thinks it's a good idea to let users cut themselves and bleed all over their guns is beyond me.

#34 ·
My thumb safety was stiff at first, but that wasn't the main problem. It was over-fitted and allowed the sear to move. I could have replaced it with a Brand X unit, but I wanted to keep the pistol in original form. Now that it's in perfect shape again I've been torn between just shooting the snot out of it or keeping it in the safe and seeing where the value of these go.

#33 ·
If anyone is still looking for one, the Scheels store in Appleton, WI still has one on display, think it was $750. I noticed it had a small spot of finish missing on the right side of the slide at the muzzle, probably where it's been rubbing on their horrid display case, but if you gotta have one it's there.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.