Good day at the range with my TRP - 1911Forum
1911Forum
Advertise Here
Forum   Reviews   Rules   Legal   Site Supporters & Donations   Advertise

Go Back   1911Forum > >

Notices

Old 03-15-2019, 08:12 AM

Good day at the range with my TRP

Weather in the high 60's low 70's so after shift I decided to hit the range for a little work out with my TRP. This thing can shoot! Had it now for a little over a year with about 2,000 rds thru it and couldn't be happier. I know 2,000 isn't alot for most of y'all, but I don't get to shoot as much as I'd like.
Heard alot say it takes a bit to get used to the front strap checkering on the TRP, but I've never noticed any problem. Gun stays secure in my hands with no problem. No malfunctions of any kind yet and it eats everything I feed it from practice ball to Fed HST +P 230 duty loads.
This 1911 is a real confidence builder in that it makes you seem to shooter better everytime you get out with it. This is now my favorite, 1911's have always been but this one is truly The Right Pistol for me.....
Old 04-17-2019, 06:02 PM

Great job.

My wife gave me an Armory Koted .45acp TRP a few years ago for Christmas. It's been a super 1911 and has become a highly trusted carry weapon, too.

Always performs well in range sessions and is more accurate than I am.

For what it's worth....I absolutely love the checkered frontstrap. It's the only 1911 I have that I didn't replace the grips, too. It anchors very well in the hand and the grips don't rub raw patches on my side like some of the other G10 aftermarket grips that I've added to others (which were easily sanded down slightly on the left grip).

You have a nice one in that TRP.