1911Forum
Advertise Here
Forum   Reviews   Rules   Legal   Site Supporters & Donations   Advertise

Go Back   1911Forum > >

Notices

Old 09-01-2016, 07:19 AM

a find

"once in a while you get shown the light, in the strangest of places..."

. I wa s visiting my LCS owner/friend the other day up in his private office and notice some guns he took in from an estate. a couple kimbers, a couple HK p 7s AND A WILSON PROFESSIONAL LW WITH A BOBTAIL(.45 acp). It has crimson trace grips installed by Wilson( not my thing but I am ok with it) and he gave me a great deal. It is a dirty gun(not for long) but it appears to be in great shape. no damage detected to inspection

the timing is off as I am shor t of $$ now(of course) due to some financial issues earlier this year.

can't wait to get it. I wanted a bob tailed commander sized gun in the next 6 mo(in .45 acp) . Was going to get a NEW DW Vbob but this deal is too good to pass up!!!

he is holding it for me... I am now working the details out with my wonderful wife for the purchase..LET THE BEGGING BEGIN. LOL!!!

Last edited by boatdoc; 09-01-2016 at 07:21 AM.
Old 09-01-2016, 08:59 AM
Super Moderator

How well can you beg?! Nice discovery, hope you are able to pick it up.

Army M.P. 1971 - 1972
Wilsons: Several; Kimbers: 10mm (Wilsonized), .38S (Wilson barrel)
Old 09-01-2016, 09:24 AM

Congrats a nice find!

1911s: Wilson Combat: Presidential Classic, Tactical Supergrade, Tactical Elite .38S, CQB 9mm, CQB Compact .38S, EDC X9 Nighthawk: Bob Marvel .45 and .22 Ed Brown: Classic Custom, Exec Carry, Les Baer: UTC 1.5", TRS Springfield: Pro, Pro LR, Champ Oper Colt: ANVII 100th Anniv Ed Alchemy Custom: Full Custom, Springfield Loaded 9mm, Springfield Mil-Spec
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-01-2016, 09:40 AM

Nice FIND!

Classic, L2R!
Old 09-01-2016, 10:04 AM

Congrats get some pics when you receive it.
Old 09-01-2016, 10:08 AM

Congrats.
Old 09-01-2016, 05:46 PM

All you need to do is what Obama does - promise her the world and then never deliver . . . at your own risk! Nah, we know you wouldn't treat anyone that way. Nice score.

“The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants. It is its natural manure.” Thomas Jefferson
Old 09-01-2016, 06:26 PM

Great find! That's one pistol I'd find hard to pass up. You're right, on the rare occasion that a super deal pops up, the funds aren't available. This has happened to me numerous times, it's more than a coincidence that this phenomenon reoccurs, it's actually a sign to STOP purchasing firearms and focus on home upgrades, vehicle maintenance, or something else.

But, I always seem to interpret such a sign as a mere recommendation, much like the signs on the freeway that read, "55". In which case, I instinctively dismiss the writing on the wall and continue not to learn the error of my ways.
Old 09-01-2016, 11:01 PM

Congrats! Do what I do.....tell her AFTER you bring it home!
Old 09-02-2016, 05:18 AM

Thanks fellas

I am VERY good at "negotiating" my needs (wants/needs no difference here)

my talking point is that we will have bills until we die,so what is the difference if they are a bit higher?

I can add"it can come out of next years gun "budget"...LOL

MY friend is letting me visit the gun while it is layaway. He wants me to shoot it too BUT i want to clean and lube it first---thus requiring a trip home = $$$ then shoot

I am very excited about it. This may be my favorite of what I bought in 2016. The price makes it even more special

I will keep you posted and Yeah I will try to post some of my pathetic pics when possible

have a nice weekend. I wish those of you in Hermines path safety and a nice dry spot to rid e it out

I am expecting minor flooding and some range fun this weekend ...and if negotiations go well a Wilson professional...
Old 09-02-2016, 06:23 PM

Ask her if she wants you to keep working ?