Utopia in the making. - 1911Forum
1911Forum
Advertise Here
Forum   Reviews   Rules   Legal   Site Supporters & Donations   Advertise

Go Back   1911Forum > >

Notices

Old 02-11-2020, 08:00 PM

Utopia in the making.

A society where everything is either prohibited or mandatory.

What is not to like about that?

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/elect...lot/ar-BBZTXo1
Old 02-11-2020, 08:14 PM
Administrator

Such a law would probably help us actually. I'm really getting sick and tired of encountering fellow gun owners who admit they didn't vote in the last big election when I-1639 was passed.
Avoid the temptation to replace everything on your brand-new 1911 just to make it "better". Know what you're changing out and why. You may spend a lot of money fixing things that weren't broken to begin with. Shoot at least 500 rounds through it first, then decide what you don't like and want to improve. Regarding vintage 1911s, pre-1970 pistols are highly collectible in original, unaltered condition and should NEVER be refinished or modified as it completely ruins their monetary value.
Old 02-11-2020, 08:37 PM

Too many fudds think it stops after assault weapon and handgun bans. Make no mistake, they want it all.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-11-2020, 09:10 PM

I hope, my friends, that you are not serious about this. Think.

Does anyone here assume there is great wisdom and thoughtful discernment to be found in the masses - of any nation? That the majority are so very thoughtful and well educated, and share your morals and values? I have news - if everyone EVER votes, it will only be that one time - and the guy that promises the most free stuff will be Dictator for life there after.

We are VERY Deliberately organized as NOT A DEMOCRACY - the Founders knew what that was and HATED Democracy - they knew it dies a quick and violent death - from exactly what we are talking about here.

The reason we have a representative Republic is to avoid "one man, one vote, Once". Those who do not care to inform themselves and get involved actively I DO NOT WANT VOTING - because they will vote to dissolve the Constitution, they will vote for "Free" Health Care and "Free" College - and a majority would take your Guns.
Think, people - the Democrats would be the only winners here. And the Fudds would still vote for the wrong people because the 2nd Amendment is not that important to them - more Social Security money, or some other topic, would come before the Second to them.

The fewer who Vote - but when all those who do are All involved, educated and understand what they are doing, the better. Now if you can get everyone educated to the right level, and Educate them in Morality and Ethics while you are doing that, it might work.

You want all the Gen X and Millennials voting about your gun rights? Really? I think we are way better off if they stay in Mom's basement on Election Day, on their video games.... Because if they vote, Bernie is your next (and last) President. CC

Certified Law Enforcement Trainer
Certified Glock, Colt and Remington LE Armorer

Last edited by Col. Colt; 02-11-2020 at 09:21 PM.
Old 02-11-2020, 09:13 PM
Adminstrator

Totally agree CC.
Old 02-11-2020, 09:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by USMM guy View Post
A society where everything is either prohibited or mandatory.

What is not to like about that?

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/elect...lot/ar-BBZTXo1
That's what they have in Australia.

Mandatory voting. It's also that island nation where they confiscated guns from everyone.
Old 02-11-2020, 09:34 PM

Sure enough!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PolymerMan View Post
That's what they have in Australia.

Mandatory voting. It's also that island nation where they confiscated guns from everyone.
It is also mandatory in North Korea.
Old 02-11-2020, 10:21 PM

The Soviet Union used to force their comrades to vote. if they didn't they would be expelled from the communist party which was really bad at the time. if you weren't a good communist you lost most all of your privileges, such as being able to buy food after waiting all day in line for it. Granted the communist party chose the candidates for their one party system. So it wasn't like you had any choices to choose from. But if you didn't vote it would be bad for you.

Last edited by earlwb; 02-11-2020 at 10:22 PM. Reason: typo
Old 02-11-2020, 10:45 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Col. Colt View Post
I hope, my friends, that you are not serious about this.
My first sentence was just a joke. The second sentence wasn't unfortunately.
Avoid the temptation to replace everything on your brand-new 1911 just to make it "better". Know what you're changing out and why. You may spend a lot of money fixing things that weren't broken to begin with. Shoot at least 500 rounds through it first, then decide what you don't like and want to improve. Regarding vintage 1911s, pre-1970 pistols are highly collectible in original, unaltered condition and should NEVER be refinished or modified as it completely ruins their monetary value.

Last edited by dsk; 02-11-2020 at 10:50 PM.
Old 02-11-2020, 10:50 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsk View Post
My first sentence was just a joke. The second sentence wasn't unfortunately.
The real joke is the tricks voting areas will do to cancel out votes among certain demographics.
Old 02-12-2020, 08:25 AM

Well - When my state becan tying Jury Duty to being registered to vote, there was a large drop in voter rolls... if you make voting compuslory and penalize registered individuals for not voting, I suspect the rolls will drop again.

Seems to me that it would be a better approach to purge registered persons who do not vote at least once every 3 or 4 years....
Old 02-12-2020, 08:35 AM

Quote:

Does anyone here assume there is great wisdom and thoughtful discernment to be found in the masses - of any nation? That the majority are so very thoughtful and well educated, and share your morals and values? I have news - if everyone EVER votes, it will only be that one time - and the guy that promises the most free stuff will be Dictator for life there after.

We are VERY Deliberately organized as NOT A DEMOCRACY - the Founders knew what that was and HATED Democracy - they knew it dies a quick and violent death - from exactly what we are talking about here.

The reason we have a representative Republic is to avoid "one man, one vote, Once". Those who do not care to inform themselves and get involved actively I DO NOT WANT VOTING - because they will vote to dissolve the Constitution, they will vote for "Free" Health Care and "Free" College - and a majority would take your Guns.
Think, people - the Democrats would be the only winners here. And the Fudds would still vote for the wrong people because the 2nd Amendment is not that important to them - more Social Security money, or some other topic, would come before the Second to them.

The fewer who Vote - but when all those who do are All involved, educated and understand what they are doing, the better. Now if you can get everyone educated to the right level, and Educate them in Morality and Ethics while you are doing that, it might work.

You want all the Gen X and Millennials voting about your gun rights? Really? I think we are way better off if they stay in Mom's basement on Election Day, on their video games.... Because if they vote, Bernie is your next (and last) President. CC
The Founders built many safeguards into our system at the start including limiting voting to responsible people. Between the courts and politicians, we have removed nearly all of those. Now we have an egalitarian multicultural nightmare on our hands that is in a race to the bottom. The Democrat voter base is now largely people who can't even manage their own lives without public assistance much less choose competent leaders.
Old 02-12-2020, 02:31 PM

Quote:

+1.

Couldn't help but think of your post after watching Bernie on the stump last night in NH. Just watching the idiots sitting in the bleachers behind him while he was yelling in the microphone was painful. Only a handful of people over the age of 25. The rest looked like a Who's/Who on your favorite liberal college campus. They looked like sheep heading to the slaughter as he promised them the moon. It worked, as he wins in NH before heading south to SC. Death by a million cuts.

Hopefully I'll be pushing up daisies at Arlington long before these AOC worshipers do their damage to our country.
Agent Orange---the gift that keeps on giving.
Old 02-12-2020, 06:13 PM

Consider this:

By definition, 1/2 the country has an IQ that is below average.
Old 02-12-2020, 07:11 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by HT77 View Post
The Founders built many safeguards into our system at the start including limiting voting to responsible people. Between the courts and politicians, we have removed nearly all of those. Now we have an egalitarian multicultural nightmare on our hands that is in a race to the bottom. The Democrat voter base is now largely people who can't even manage their own lives without public assistance much less choose competent leaders.
Unfortunately I have to agree. A few years ago WA approved a massive public transit initiative that jacked up car tab fees an enormous amount, and large numbers of people protested. The bill's sponsors were like, "What the Hell?!? Didn't any of you read the cost breakdown that was clearly explained in the voter's pamphlets?". Obviously not...
Old 02-12-2020, 07:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRSOtto View Post
Consider this:

By definition, 1/2 the country has an IQ that is below average.
In a related matter, both immigration from third world countries like Mexico and our federal policy of paying the people with the lowest IQ among us to reproduce with welfare handouts is lowering our national IQ by the day.
Old 02-12-2020, 07:29 PM
Administrator

Quote:
In a related matter, both immigration from third world countries like Mexico and our federal policy of paying the people with the lowest IQ among us to reproduce with welfare handouts is lowering our national IQ by the day.
This is exactly how the Democrats plan to eventually take over the country. And they just might succeed, because Sanders & Co. is promising them gobs and gobs of free stuff that working middle-class Americans will have to pay for.
Old 02-12-2020, 07:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsk View Post
This is exactly how the Democrats plan to eventually take over the country. And they just might succeed, because Sanders & Co. is promising them gobs and gobs of free stuff that working middle-class Americans will have to pay for.
Every Democrat candidate is promising literal open borders and massive increases in admission of new "refugees". Once Trump is gone, the flood gates will open and the third world will swamp us.

“Wesley wins, man. We're outta here.”
Old 02-13-2020, 12:28 AM

Quote:
^That's one of the biggest "problems" of all, and that the not keeping Naturalization and Immigration Act of 1790.

No Regerts.

Last edited by silvermane_1911; 02-13-2020 at 12:32 AM.
Old 02-13-2020, 12:50 AM

The Cloward-Piven strategy is well underway,,.
Progressivism started over a hundred years ago, and it got a big boost when the 17th. amendment was passed.
It's the "Long March".
Old 02-13-2020, 05:27 AM

Yes, Bowdrie - Excellent Point - the 17th Amendment (The "Democratic" Direct Election of Senators) took away the power of each individual State. Now, instead of Senators being elected by the State Legislatures to represent the overall interests of a given State, they would be elected by popular vote - which means the biggest Cities in each State get to choose, and that means all those dependent "Government Clients" who will always vote for whoever will give them the most Free Stuff.

Over time, this destroys a Republic, as it steals from the productive and gives to the slackers and idiots, saps the People's will to work - and gives a lot of people extra time (and your money) to drink, avoid work, use drugs and generally live a low life lifestyle. This in turn leads to crime, illegitimate and unwanted kids, and the lowering of Standards for the famous "Lowest Common Denominator" in all things - who keeps getting ever lower in his lifestyle and Morals in each succeeding generation.

If you eliminated Welfare and government provided Child Support - people would WORK (or starve) and only have the kids they could pay for - THEMSELVES. There should be NO extra Welfare money for extra kids (either at all, or above two), and we could bring back the concept of Shame, while we were at it. Oh, and how about enforcing Paternity suits for each illegitimate birth to give young men something to think about before they use someone - or - better yet - just make it legal like it used to be for a Dad or Brother with a ball bat or a shotgun and a shovel to deal with scum who dishonor their women. I'd better stop before I get up a full head of steam...... CC

Certified Law Enforcement Trainer
Certified Glock, Colt and Remington LE Armorer