1911Forum
Advertise Here
Forum   Reviews   Rules   Legal   Site Supporters & Donations   Advertise

Go Back   1911Forum > >

Notices

Old 12-06-2019, 11:36 AM

So much for an Idaho retreat.

https://tinyurl.com/ssun4od

My wife and I were searching for our dream retirement property in Idaho, but had we "pulled the trigger" on a deal we'de be freaking out after this!
I wonder if there is really any stopping this short sighted madness.
416 stainless Sig P-238 & P938 triggers
Old 12-06-2019, 12:35 PM

Blomberg and company know exactly what they are doing and how they will do it! They pick counties that are leaning left and pour tons of money in with legislation like "Gun Safety" laws disguised to do nothing less than full gun confiscation.

It has already happened in WA, OR and CA. Next will come ID, NV and AZ. Just watch what Bloomberg does not what he says!

P.S. Checkout Coeur D'Alene!

Smiles,
Old 12-06-2019, 12:37 PM

This is going on in states like Idaho, Montana, and Wyoming as Lefties from places like California move to cities like Boise and Missoula that have colleges. They are even moving hundreds of "refugees" from the Republic of the Congo and other African countries into Montana. There is no escape from the Great Replacement. Maybe try closer to the Arctic Circle in Alaska if you have the survival skills.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-06-2019, 07:23 PM

Yep, gotta love it. That run off was between a horrible liberal mayor and an even worse protege of his. Couldn't bring myself to even vote in that one.

I wouldn't let this scare you, nobody is grabbing any guns around here. Idaho put laws on the books in 2013 to guarantee that won't happen. Those laws can be changed, and maybe some day they will, but it won't be anytime soon.

By the way, if you do move to Idaho, stay away from Boise. It's going to hell fast. Pick Meridian or Nampa instead. 10 and 20 miles away from Boise respectively.

Last edited by dsk; 12-06-2019 at 08:33 PM.
Old 12-06-2019, 07:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HT77 View Post
This is going on in states like Idaho, Montana, and Wyoming as Lefties from places like California move to cities like Boise and Missoula that have colleges. They are even moving hundreds of "refugees" from the Republic of the Congo and other African countries into Montana. There is no escape from the Great Replacement. Maybe try closer to the Arctic Circle in Alaska if you have the survival skills.
In 2016, we got 18,000 people move to Boise, just from California alone. That's not counting Seattle and Portland. And those 2016 numbers have gone up each year. It happened fast dude, I don't even recognize Boise any more, and it only took about 10 years.
Old 12-06-2019, 07:29 PM

My property tax goes up every single year. Downtown is filled with overeducated, unemployed hipsters and uppity Californians. Drives me nuts.

And my God are they rude. Everytime I go downtown, which is almost never, it's an exercise in self control to not much people in the face. I hate them, all of them. Actually, all Idaho natives hate them.

Last edited by jamiesaun; 12-06-2019 at 07:32 PM.
Old 12-06-2019, 07:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjfitch View Post
Blomberg and company know exactly what they are doing and how they will do it! They pick counties that are leaning left and pour tons of money in with legislation like "Gun Safety" laws disguised to do nothing less than full gun confiscation.

It has already happened in WA, OR and CA. Next will come ID, NV and AZ. Just watch what Bloomberg does not what he says!

P.S. Checkout Coeur D'Alene!

Smiles,
Coeur D'Alene is beautiful, that whole part of the state is, but damn dude, hope you like winter weather.
Old 12-06-2019, 07:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamiesaun View Post
Coeur D'Alene is beautiful, that whole part of the state is, but damn dude, hope you like winter weather.
When I was in college I had a t shirt that said "Coeur D'Alene" on it. Chicks asked me all the time what Coeur D'Alene meant. I told them it was French for "Massive Hard On". LOL!!!
Old 12-06-2019, 07:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRSOtto View Post
When I was in college I had a t shirt that said "Coeur D'Alene" on it. Chicks asked me all the time what Coeur D'Alene meant. I told them it was French for "Massive Hard On". LOL!!!
Nice!

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
Old 12-06-2019, 08:39 PM
Administrator

Idaho is getting the spillover from the leftist parasites who have infested WA and OR and drove up the cost of living so much that many can't afford to live here any longer. Eventually they'll be moving to Montana and Wyoming as well. When you consider California has 40 million people and Wyoming only has 1/2 million, you can see that it would only a very small percentage of CA leftists to plant their asses in Wyoming and turn the state blue.
Avoid the temptation to replace everything on your brand-new 1911 just to make it "better". Know what you're changing out and why. You may spend a lot of money fixing things that weren't broken to begin with. Shoot at least 500 rounds through it first, then decide what you don't like and want to improve. Regarding vintage 1911s, pre-1970 pistols are highly collectible in original, unaltered condition and should NEVER be refinished or modified as it completely ruins their monetary value.
Old 12-06-2019, 10:43 PM

The current conversation I and Mrs. partsproduction are having is about property in south central oregon, well, since they are 90% conservative I'll capitalize it for that area, Oregon (there).
Land in Idaho is getting expensive, and then again one may end up with socilaist neighbors anyway who call the cops whenever I want to test a new load or work on my skills.
Out in the desert, almost anywhere there is a desert, a guy might not see another human for quite a while, and though I like humans that doesn't include snakes with two legs passing themselves off as human.
I was offered land for ridiculously low prices down there, far enough from anyone that maybe I could shoot for years, cause they can't call about gun sounds they are too far from to hear.
It may sound like a pipe dream, but there are many people living as far from neighbors as that in low population areas.
416 stainless Sig P-238 & P938 triggers
Old 12-06-2019, 11:12 PM
Administrator

Rural Oregon is like rural Washington... deeply conservative and very pro-gun, but that doesn't help much when the idiots in Salem and Olympia pass statewide gun bans.
Avoid the temptation to replace everything on your brand-new 1911 just to make it "better". Know what you're changing out and why. You may spend a lot of money fixing things that weren't broken to begin with. Shoot at least 500 rounds through it first, then decide what you don't like and want to improve. Regarding vintage 1911s, pre-1970 pistols are highly collectible in original, unaltered condition and should NEVER be refinished or modified as it completely ruins their monetary value.
Old 12-07-2019, 12:49 AM

Traveling east on I 80 across Nevada I saw for sale signs 3 acres for $3,000. I did a search and found 40 acres for $12,000. I have considered purchasing a property like this. Pour a pad for an RV and have my own private range getaway with no neighbors and little or no LE. If I had a couple of buddies to go in we could increase it up to well over 100 acres. This is high mountain desert country. I wouldnt want to live there, but I could certainly make multiple trips there a year to shoot and make some improvements.
Old 12-07-2019, 01:00 AM
Adminstrator

The hills have eyes...
Old 12-07-2019, 01:48 AM

It sounds like a good idea.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdell49 View Post
Traveling east on I 80 across Nevada I saw for sale signs 3 acres for $3,000. I did a search and found 40 acres for $12,000. I have considered purchasing a property like this. Pour a pad for an RV and have my own private range getaway with no neighbors and little or no LE. If I had a couple of buddies to go in we could increase it up to well over 100 acres. This is high mountain desert country. I wouldnt want to live there, but I could certainly make multiple trips there a year to shoot and make some improvements.
But you better bring a lot of water with you when you do this.
Old 12-07-2019, 09:45 AM

There is no stopping it! This is the game plan for decades, they have a great game plan, well financed and stay on plan, the enemy within. Infiltrate communities in states, grow and become the voting power. The know and understand game planned to use our republic against itself. They know how and what to do, its working.

Our republic and freedoms will not last much longer. The 2020 election will say a lot about our survival, 2024 is where it will get real interesting.

They are out it in the open now.
Old 12-07-2019, 09:49 AM
Adminstrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icecream View Post
There is no stopping it! This is the game plan for decades, they have a great game plan, well financed and stay on plan, the enemy within. Infiltrate communities in states, grow and become the voting power. The know and understand game planned to use our republic against itself. They know how and what to do, its working.

Our republic and freedoms will not last much longer. The 2020 election will say a lot about our survival, 2024 is where it will get real interesting.

They are out it in the open now.
Really? Do you plan to cower on bended knees?
Old 12-07-2019, 10:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by partsproduction View Post
The current conversation I and Mrs. partsproduction are having is about property in south central oregon, well, since they are 90% conservative I'll capitalize it for that area, Oregon (there).
Land in Idaho is getting expensive, and then again one may end up with socilaist neighbors anyway who call the cops whenever I want to test a new load or work on my skills.
Out in the desert, almost anywhere there is a desert, a guy might not see another human for quite a while, and though I like humans that doesn't include snakes with two legs passing themselves off as human.
I was offered land for ridiculously low prices down there, far enough from anyone that maybe I could shoot for years, cause they can't call about gun sounds they are too far from to hear.
It may sound like a pipe dream, but there are many people living as far from neighbors as that in low population areas.
Do you remember the name of area you're talking about? You're probably talking about pleasant valley, It's the desert right outside of Boise. Lots of prairie dogs out there, we call them whistle pigs though. I would love to live out there. I guarantee you, nobody will give a rip about you shooting off your porch, they all do it. And that desert area is huge, it goes from Oregon, all the way to Wyoming. You won't have any neighbors if you don't want them.

Idaho is a big state, like the 3rd largest I think, anyway south Idaho is a desert and foothills. Then it turns to Mountains a little bit north, and the mountains go all the way to Canada. The more north you go, the more isolated it is. Gets super cold in the winter though. Idaho isn't flipping blue any time soon.

Last edited by jamiesaun; 12-07-2019 at 10:13 AM.
Old 12-07-2019, 10:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by partsproduction View Post
Not a chance. Nobody out there cares about gun shots, since that whole area is sort of a designated shooting area. Those neighbors are used to gun shots. Besides, they all do it too. But there's only a few houses out there, then it just turns to uninhabited desert and goes for a long, long way.

Not a pipe dream at all man. It's a reality.

You sold on Idaho yet? Cuz we need as many people like you as we can get. I've been trying to get Plantar here too, but he's stubborn.
Old 12-07-2019, 10:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsk View Post
Idaho is getting the spillover from the leftist parasites who have infested WA and OR and drove up the cost of living so much that many can't afford to live here any longer. Eventually they'll be moving to Montana and Wyoming as well. When you consider California has 40 million people and Wyoming only has 1/2 million, you can see that it would only a very small percentage of CA leftists to plant their asses in Wyoming and turn the state blue.
It sure is. And they're doing the exact same thing here. Cost of living in Boise is exploding. Everywhere else is pretty safe for now, and the only cities that are blue is Boise and Eagle. But being a King county native? You know the drill.

I have high hopes for Idaho, just not for Boise, and the university is the major driving factor in my opinion. Or one of the reasons. People have just discovered Boise. The secret is out, and it ain't Boise anymore.
Old 12-07-2019, 10:53 AM

And Parts, I was born and raised. If you have any questions, just ask.
Old 12-07-2019, 11:29 AM

Voting hasn't worked.

Writing my representatives borough, state and federal hasn't work.

Demonstrations and petitions haven't worked.

I wish I knew what would or is working.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LW McVay View Post
Really? Do you plan to cower on bended knees?
Old 12-07-2019, 10:17 PM

They do but I'm guessing the folks that would be out there are probably not the kind you would need to loose much sleep over.
Old 12-07-2019, 11:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icecream View Post
Voting hasn't worked.

Writing my representatives borough, state and federal hasn't work.

Demonstrations and petitions haven't worked.

I wish I knew what would or is working.
The system has become so broken and dysfunctional that there is no way to fix it from within. In no small part because there are no meaningful repercussions for failing to adhere to one's oath to protect and defend the constitution.

And nothing will change until the tree of liberty is refreshed with the blood of tyrants. I would love to be proven wrong on this. But I don't think I am.

May God save our Republic.

WOLVERINES!
Old 12-08-2019, 12:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by L84CABO View Post
The system has become so broken and dysfunctional that there is no way to fix it from within. In no small part because there are no meaningful repercussions for failing to adhere to one's oath to protect and defend the constitution.

And nothing will change until the tree of liberty is refreshed with the blood of tyrants. I would love to be proven wrong on this. But I don't think I am.

May God save our Republic.

WOLVERINES!
God won't save it. That is our job. And yes, it will take the blood of tyrants to wash away their sins against the Constitution. And yes, the Left has definite plans and the money from Soros and other sources to finance them. But standing up to them in large numbers...facing them down on college campuses, at rallies, out voting them in elections...and performing citizen arrests when we suspect voter fraud...and organizing into the militias that the Constitution authorizes...these signs of strength and resolution will make them see that they will pay a price if they try to overthrow the country. We may have to settle for a partition of the country into Free Republic States and Marxist Slave States...but the alternative is surrender and certain slavery. And I wouldn't be surprised if they are monitoring these forums...but if we become afraid to speak about defending our country, then we have given it away.