Sig TacOps 10mm Opinions - 1911Forum
1911Forum
Advertise Here
Forum   Reviews   Rules   Legal   Site Supporters & Donations   Advertise

Go Back   1911Forum > >

Notices

Old 11-11-2019, 08:38 AM

Sig TacOps 10mm Opinions

Those of you that own or know about the 1911 TacOps in 10mm, what do you think about it. Saw one yesterday at LGS and looks good. Id like to add a 1911 in 10mm to go along with my P220 Legend. Price was $1050 that good or bad?
Bill Wilson Carry .45, Wilson EDCx9, Ed Brown Cobra, Nighthawk T3 & T4, Springfield TRP, Springfield LW Champion Operator, all Kimber Aegis II's, all Kimber Raptors, Dan Wesson Valor, Dan Wesson Guardian, Dan Wesson CCO, Colt Commander 70 series, Sig C3.
Old 11-17-2019, 07:06 AM

The Sig is a beautiful gun and is every bit as nice as my DW VBob. I cant speak to the mim parts but if there are any issues I will just drop in a cylinder and slide kit. The slide to frame fit is really close the VBob as well.
Old 11-17-2019, 09:42 AM

The Sig is a beautiful gun and every bit as nice as my VBob.

The slide to frame fit is virtually identical.

The mim parts are really easy to pick out and it is too early to talk to the quality of the mim parts however if it is ever an issue you can always drop in a cylinder and slide kit.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-18-2019, 12:06 AM

Your listed price seems about right. I doubt if it will go down.

I bought the same pistol in 45acp last winter. I sold my Colt XSE to my good friend summer of 2018 and needed to replace the 5" gap in the collection.
I have the Glock 20 and the Kimber Eclipse in 10mm so my 10mm stable was OK.

https://grabagun.com/firearms/handgu...nit-slite.html

My pistol
Old 11-18-2019, 09:17 AM

What has been your experience with the Tacops? I have a G20 and its a little "boxey" for me. Love the 1911 platform. Also, what do you think of the Kimber?
Bill Wilson Carry .45, Wilson EDCx9, Ed Brown Cobra, Nighthawk T3 & T4, Springfield TRP, Springfield LW Champion Operator, all Kimber Aegis II's, all Kimber Raptors, Dan Wesson Valor, Dan Wesson Guardian, Dan Wesson CCO, Colt Commander 70 series, Sig C3.
Old 11-18-2019, 12:10 PM

I really like the SIG. Had to do a bit of tuning at first because it didn't function as smoothly as I like. No feed issues at all and the break-in is processing nicely... 300 and counting.

Yep, all Glocks are 'boxey'. I picked up the G20 a while back because of its hi-capacity. It lives in my emergency bug-out bag.

The Kimber is a very attractive 1911. It too needed a bit of tuning, but functions well now. I 'open carry' it to various functions just to show off.

Like many folks, each pistol in my collection serves a purpose. Some are BBQ guns, some are hi capacity, some are for competition, some are just for fun.

I picked up the new S&W Shield 2.0 in 45acp last summer. It serves as a back-up carry pistol and I switch it to cross-draw when driving in a WeThePeople clip holster.

The EDC is my Colt Combat Commander in 45acp in a Milt Sparks VM II.
Old 11-23-2019, 11:29 AM

Test
Old 11-24-2019, 03:53 PM

Just purchased the TacOps in 10mm. Got a great deal on it, at least I thought. Just got back from the range and am having all kinds of FTE issues. I can't believe it is a mag issue as it is happening in all 4 of them, so I'm guessing an extractor issue. This is only my second 1911, the other being a Springfield TRP which I have never had an issue with after thousands of rounds. I can't believe that this is a break in issue or that it doesn't like Winchester WB ammo but I have obviously been wrong before.
Old 11-25-2019, 05:53 PM

IMHO it is hard to beat the Tacops for the price for a 10mm in a 1911. It is a beautiful gun.

The slide to frame fit is virtually identical to my Dan Wesson. Time will tell on the longevity of the mim parts.