Gotta watch what you say... - 1911Forum
1911Forum
Advertise Here
Forum   Reviews   Rules   Legal   Site Supporters & Donations   Advertise

Go Back   1911Forum > >

Notices

Old 10-23-2019, 06:10 PM

Gotta watch what you say...

...this makes me angrier than it should. That one, now, can get Red Flagged for something one says in a public place... like a diner, or restaurant. This.. ugh.

This isn't my country anymore. This isn't the country I swore to protect 30 years ago. IT has been stolen from us. We can still get it back.

We better get it back...

Watch what you say? No! No more apologies! This has to end! No more cowering and giving in to the Left! PC has to be actively fought against now!

84 year old Army vet gets Red-Flagged by the chief of police himself.

https://www.nraila.org/articles/2019...hief-of-police
-----------------^--------------
Member NRA, GOA, SAF, VCDL, FL Carry
Old 10-23-2019, 06:13 PM

Hopefully nonsense like this will result in lawsuits challenging red flag laws that go up to SCOTUS.
-A man without force is without the essential dignity of humanity. Human nature is so constituted that it cannot honor a helpless man, although it can pity him; but even this it cannot due for long if signs of power do not arise
Old 10-23-2019, 06:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Illusive Man View Post
Hopefully nonsense like this will result in lawsuits challenging red flag laws that go up to SCOTUS.
This is what will need to happen, no way this can be constitutional.
Advertisement

Old 10-23-2019, 07:06 PM

They don't care if it's constitutional, and haven't for a long time. But they are getting more bold, I'll give ya that.
Old 10-23-2019, 07:32 PM

I grew up in NE MA, this is a bit more complicated - if I'm reading between the lines correctly.

MA requires an FID card or an LTC for simple possession in the home of a firearm or ammo. The FID or LTC is issued at the "discretion" of the licensing officer, in this case the a-hole chief (or is that 'chief a-hole'?) on the Cape. When the chief took back the FID or LTC, continued possession of firearms or ammo is prohibited. Small town like Tisbury, I'm guessing the chief knows who has them.

I would expect doing it this way was a learned and deliberate move by the chief, allowing him to act unilaterally. It's also a good reason for removing that authority from the chiefs in MA and making the Commonwealth "shall issue".
Old 10-24-2019, 12:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Illusive Man View Post

Then start collecting lots of dollars for his lawyers,
'cuz it's gonna take a lot of money to go the course.
Old 10-24-2019, 12:37 AM

Also, not watching what I'm saying here . . .

We all hear that so often.
"We gotta take our country back", etc

I got news for ya... nobody took our country.
We let it slip away.

We were just too lazy, too comfortable, and too concerned with our own lives
To lift a finger to stop the mutations when we could.

Shame on us.

ALL of us.
Old 10-24-2019, 12:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Grey Hare View Post
...this makes me angrier than it should. That one, now, can get Red Flagged for something one says in a public place... like a diner, or restaurant. This.. ugh.

This isn't my country anymore. This isn't the country I swore to protect 30 years ago. IT has been stolen from us. We can still get it back.

We better get it back...

Watch what you say? No! No more apologies! This has to end! No more cowering and giving in to the Left! PC has to be actively fought against now!

84 year old Army vet gets Red-Flagged by the chief of police himself.

https://www.nraila.org/articles/2019...hief-of-police
You won't "get it back." You're going to have to take it back.
Old 10-24-2019, 07:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamiesaun View Post
They don't care if it's constitutional, and haven't for a long time. But they are getting more bold, I'll give ya that.
Because no one fights back.
Just one little out of place thing from the conservative side of the world and the left jumps on it like crows on a roadkill.
The comparison goes all the way to the top. Trump oughtta just say “all right you A-Holes, enough, now it’s my turn”. They have hounded him for three years. He needs to launch every investigation possible into the corrupt background of a dozen of the most prominent Democrats especially Pelosi and Schumer. If a shot is fired across the bow, these jerks will cease this nonsense for fear of exposure.
The comment of “We need to TAKE it back” is correct.
Old 10-24-2019, 07:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nitro.45 View Post
Just one little out of place thing from the conservative side of the world and the left jumps on it like crows on a roadkill.
The comparison goes all the way to the top. Trump oughtta just say “all right you A-Holes, enough, now it’s my turn”. They have hounded him for three years. He needs to launch every investigation possible into the corrupt background of a dozen of the most prominent Democrats especially Pelosi and Schumer. If a shot is fired across the bow, these jerks will cease this nonsense for fear of exposure.
Agreed.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
Old 10-24-2019, 09:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nitro.45 View Post
Yep. What's the plan, in addition to laying this task on Trump??
Agent Orange---the gift that keeps on giving.

Last edited by Ranger566; 10-24-2019 at 09:59 AM.
Old 10-24-2019, 11:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ranger566 View Post
I think that's the only working plan.... Trump! Well, in addition to hoping and praying.... those are the two fall-back plans.

Honestly, anything else will take massive amounts of effort and money, and I sincerely wonder if we're up to the task? Given all that's happened with the 2A, we still have gun-owners bickering about the NRA (can't see the forest for the trees), bump-stocks were banned, unconstitutionally, without even a whimper from gun-owners (because, come on, who really needs those, right?), we've accepted magazine restrictions, state gun-rosters, and a myriad other slights. As a demographic, I believe we're still as divided as we've ever been, and the onslaught from the left continues unabated.

So, what's the plan? Trump! Followed by hope and prayer. Besides, there are baseball and football games to watch, and tailgating to partake in..... we're busy!!!!

If this man were one of theirs, the left would have already set up an online fund for him to fight, word would be all over the interwebs, they would've had their activist lawyers already working on a dozen separate lawsuits, and they would've had a gaggle of useful idiots parading outside the Sheriff's office in order to get media attention. Quite the difference!!!
Old 10-24-2019, 11:56 AM

^^^^

Good response, Jim. I agree with what you and Nitro have said.

It seems to me that we should devote our time and effort right now to getting Trump re-elected.

And after that, and with his leadership, we'll see whether we're going to fish or cut bait.
Old 10-24-2019, 05:57 PM

Get it back, take it back.. semantics. I meant, of course, take, as in actively, not wait for someone to get it back to us.

But how?

Yes, let's get President Trump re-elected. Job 1, right there.

But as others have said, we cannot depend on a person or party to guarantee our rights. That's the whole *point* of the constitution, that no one person can undo the law.

So perhaps it *is* working, this "experiment." I think it is, anyway.

But a few things need to happen...

Job 2 -- ironclad the Constitution and Bill of Rights. All of it. How is it that California can act against the Constitution and NOT be challenged? Maybe the stash of judges the President is making for us will help that.. but folks, this is long-play stuff. Meantime, peoples guns keep getting taken.. and I can guarantee you no cop is going to treat your property with respect. Your minty C-series pre-70 without a single scratch? That's gonna come back -- if it ever does -- looking like it did WWII, Korea *and* Vietnam. Your grandpappy's spotless old Browning over/under? Scrapmetal! Your great-grandfather's '03 Springfield? Rubbing metal with my Henry. Maybe they'll make little assault rifles as offspring..but one thing's sure, all our confiscated / redflagged guns would look like total ass when we get 'em back... if we ever do.

So.. Will Not Comply. Kudos to the gentleman in this story for being a gentle man, and not taking care of the sheriff right there on the doorstep. Doesn't sound like he's getting his iron back, sounds like his son will sell it "for him." Whisky Tango Foxtrot?!

Job 3 -- Change the way of thinking of this country, the same exact way the Traitors have -- through school, through movie, music, tv.,.. and through the church.

All of those are long plays.

What do we do short-term? Besides getting President Trump reelected, and turning as many Senate and House seats red as possible? Besides voting all REpublican locally, too/

What can be done? Not rhetorical, not empty -- I'm asking you people to brainstorm actual, doable things we can do to change this game more to our favor.

And then get out and do them.

At 50, I'm *this* close to go to the local RNC and volunteer.

Ditto for NRA. Help at the local level.

We can't let this cancer to continue. It has to be excised completely. If that means cutting off the rotted limb.. like.. California.. then so be it. They can petition Mexico to let them in... let's see how that goes. You imagine? Wow.
-----------------^--------------
Member NRA, GOA, SAF, VCDL, FL Carry
Old 10-24-2019, 09:16 PM

Just a small reminder...

Old 10-25-2019, 01:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Grey Hare View Post
Get it back, take it back.. semantics. I meant, of course, take, as in actively, not wait for someone to get it back to us.

But how?

Yes, let's get President Trump re-elected. Job 1, right there.

But as others have said, we cannot depend on a person or party to guarantee our rights. That's the whole *point* of the constitution, that no one person can undo the law.

So perhaps it *is* working, this "experiment." I think it is, anyway.

But a few things need to happen...

Job 2 -- ironclad the Constitution and Bill of Rights. All of it. How is it that California can act against the Constitution and NOT be challenged? Maybe the stash of judges the President is making for us will help that.. but folks, this is long-play stuff. Meantime, peoples guns keep getting taken.. and I can guarantee you no cop is going to treat your property with respect. Your minty C-series pre-70 without a single scratch? That's gonna come back -- if it ever does -- looking like it did WWII, Korea *and* Vietnam. Your grandpappy's spotless old Browning over/under? Scrapmetal! Your great-grandfather's '03 Springfield? Rubbing metal with my Henry. Maybe they'll make little assault rifles as offspring..but one thing's sure, all our confiscated / redflagged guns would look like total ass when we get 'em back... if we ever do.

So.. Will Not Comply. Kudos to the gentleman in this story for being a gentle man, and not taking care of the sheriff right there on the doorstep. Doesn't sound like he's getting his iron back, sounds like his son will sell it "for him." Whisky Tango Foxtrot?!

Job 3 -- Change the way of thinking of this country, the same exact way the Traitors have -- through school, through movie, music, tv.,.. and through the church.

All of those are long plays.

What do we do short-term? Besides getting President Trump reelected, and turning as many Senate and House seats red as possible? Besides voting all REpublican locally, too/

What can be done? Not rhetorical, not empty -- I'm asking you people to brainstorm actual, doable things we can do to change this game more to our favor.

And then get out and do them.

At 50, I'm *this* close to go to the local RNC and volunteer.

Ditto for NRA. Help at the local level.

We can't let this cancer to continue. It has to be excised completely. If that means cutting off the rotted limb.. like.. California.. then so be it. They can petition Mexico to let them in... let's see how that goes. You imagine? Wow.
Great post. Thank you. Here is something we can do...we can organize at local levels all over the country. Think of a Tea Party but organized around the Second Amendment. It means we have give up some time and begin pushing back. Go to town hall meetings...Republican and Democrat... go and harass our local politicians by make surprise group visits to their offices. I wouldn't waste time getting signatures in super market parking lots, but it would make sense to be doing so at every store that sells guns, and at every gun range...and gun show. And (as the Democrats often do) get some signs made and be willing to stand at heavy traffic intersections during rush hour.

Each local group would make their own agenda and plans. And target their own choice of local issues and politicians. We're not trying to compete with the NRA or other national organizations. We are not here to lobby in Washington. We would looking for ways to create local groups and exert local pressure.

If you want to avoid an all out civil war then you have to be ready to fight a politically active civil war.

At the same time, it wouldn't hurt to get to know each other and begin networking...face to face...neighbors, not internet strangers. And if worst comes to worst, we will have created small groups of people we can trust if we find ourselves needing that.

The Tea Party scared the hell out of the Democrats and Marxists. And it took big chunks of political real estate and made it pro America. It didn't get all the jobs done that it wanted...and it seemed to fall apart over the years. That gave the Marxists the motivation to come on strong with tons of George Soros funded fronts like BLM, Antifa, and the groups promoting and aiding illegal immigration.

I don't think we can save the world...but I think we can make it damn hard to kill America. And I'm not willing to let them do it without a fight. I don't carry in public because I don't have a permit to. But I have some hand to hand combat skills and if I ever saw a cop in trouble or someone pissing on our flag, I'd jump in and do what needed to be done.

My name is John Ireland. I live in Sherman Oaks (a small part of Los Angeles in the San Fernando Valley) California. My thought is that this thread is a good beginning to link up. Let's see how many of us in the LA area want to get together...maybe for a Sunday morning coffee somewhere. We can pick the date and place when we see what the response to this is.

Eggs sunny side up and black coffee are good just about anywhere.
Old 10-25-2019, 07:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ranger566 View Post
That’s it....
He is the only one that can launch these investigations. Someone please enlighten me as far as why this has not happened yet? Just the threat alone of Trump investigating a couple of key players and the pressure will end. Bernie doesn’t want to lose his 5 houses, Nanny doesn’t want her stupid husband checked out and Warren sure as hell doesn’t want anyone digging into her past again. Why is it that we cannot go after them? It would be a political bloodbath for the Dems, they are all crooks!
Old 10-25-2019, 07:54 AM

Well, one small step and a lifted play from the Dims, many conservative, rural, counties and Sheriffs in Colorado have declared themselves Second Amendment sanctuaries and do not enforce the BS laws the Dims down the hill put on the books.

Mag bans? Only in Denver. I bought an AR for my new born in a suburb from which you can spit and hit Denver and guess what was in the box? A standard capacity magazine. I bought a hunting rifle, with cash, from a sheriffs deputy in an IHOP parking lot...no NICS intrusion there.

I am also not shy about letting my Dim acquaintances, both real life and in fantasy social land that I, for one, do not give a rats ass about an unconstitutional law and have no plans of recognizing it AND that there are many others just like me. Let them know their TV lies when they paint all gun owners as the antifa of the right. Remind them civil disobedience is not just a tool of the left. I am not worried about Red Flag consequences for what I say or do. I am not a criminal.

#iwillnotcomply #neithershouldyou
Old 10-25-2019, 08:41 AM

A lot of great comments. The biggest job besides reelecting Trump is un-electing many in power. Just one example: AOC won her election because only 12% voted in her district. That needs to improve. Omar's wasn't much better. The vote needs to be gotten out in districts where conservatives sat on their asses while they allowed these wackos to be elected and gain power.
Old 10-25-2019, 09:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnireland View Post
Great post. Thank you. Here is something we can do...we can organize at local levels all over the country. Think of a Tea Party but organized around the Second Amendment. It means we have give up some time and begin pushing back. Go to town hall meetings...Republican and Democrat... go and harass our local politicians by make surprise group visits to their offices. I wouldn't waste time getting signatures in super market parking lots, but it would make sense to be doing so at every store that sells guns, and at every gun range...and gun show. And (as the Democrats often do) get some signs made and be willing to stand at heavy traffic intersections during rush hour.

Each local group would make their own agenda and plans. And target their own choice of local issues and politicians. We're not trying to compete with the NRA or other national organizations. We are not here to lobby in Washington. We would looking for ways to create local groups and exert local pressure.

If you want to avoid an all out civil war then you have to be ready to fight a politically active civil war.

At the same time, it wouldn't hurt to get to know each other and begin networking...face to face...neighbors, not internet strangers. And if worst comes to worst, we will have created small groups of people we can trust if we find ourselves needing that.

The Tea Party scared the hell out of the Democrats and Marxists. And it took big chunks of political real estate and made it pro America. It didn't get all the jobs done that it wanted...and it seemed to fall apart over the years. That gave the Marxists the motivation to come on strong with tons of George Soros funded fronts like BLM, Antifa, and the groups promoting and aiding illegal immigration.

I don't think we can save the world...but I think we can make it damn hard to kill America. And I'm not willing to let them do it without a fight. I don't carry in public because I don't have a permit to. But I have some hand to hand combat skills and if I ever saw a cop in trouble or someone pissing on our flag, I'd jump in and do what needed to be done.

My name is John Ireland. I live in Sherman Oaks (a small part of Los Angeles in the San Fernando Valley) California. My thought is that this thread is a good beginning to link up. Let's see how many of us in the LA area want to get together...maybe for a Sunday morning coffee somewhere. We can pick the date and place when we see what the response to this is.

Eggs sunny side up and black coffee are good just about anywhere.

Good post, John. It reminded me of something that happened a few years back.

The idiots were running around DC and other NOVA areas, spray painting monuments and headstone type of things. It was early in the week, and somehow word leaked out that they had their sights on de-facing the Vietnam Memorial, better known as "The Wall, on the following Saturday.

Whoa. Wrong idea. The number of Vietnam veteran organizational websites is too large to count. Word went out immediately about their obnoxious plans.....and that was all that was needed.

Cut to the chase...........the best guess was that there was about +/- 600-800 people at The Wall by 7:00 AM Saturday morning. Motorcycle groups---civic groups---some youth organizations---and a BUNCH of us Nam Vets. It was peaceful, but you could tell by the seriousness of talk there that if something went down, it would be over quickly.

The idiots never showed up. Some of the local news folks covered it, but not many. We didn't care if they did or not. This is something WE had to do.....take care of ourselves. And we did.

The take away was obvious-----if there is something that REALLY means something to you---something that would drive you to get up off your couch and GO THERE------then you need to do it. No more talk---no more verbalizing on line---no more excuses-----------------------you join the cause in person, and be prepared to do what it takes to support what you're doing.

Your post is spot on, John. Soon it will be time to get off the couch.

Last edited by Ranger566; 10-25-2019 at 09:45 AM.
Old 10-25-2019, 10:25 AM

What I wonder is if one gets red flagged and has their guns taken away would that result in a ‘decline’ thru NICS if they simply went out and tried to buy another one? Does their name also get flagged in NICS?
COTEP#782
Old 10-25-2019, 12:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCfromNY View Post
A lot of great comments. The biggest job besides reelecting Trump is un-electing many in power. Just one example: AOC won her election because only 12% voted in her district. That needs to improve. Omar's wasn't much better. The vote needs to be gotten out in districts where conservatives sat on their asses while they allowed these wackos to be elected and gain power.

This one report doesn't show a trend (yet), and it's not about arms,
but it does present an inspiring data point.

Quote:
Oregon Labor Commissioner Brad Avakian, who came to national attention for
heftily fining a local bakery
that refused to make a wedding cake for a lesbian couple,
lost
his election

Avakian, a champion of the LGBTQ community, was running for Secretary of State.

As labor commissioner since 2008, Avakian often made news for his tough calls against
businesses discriminating against gay and transgender customers.

The most noteworthy was when Sweet Cakes by Melissa refused to make the wedding
cake for the same-sex couple in 2013, citing the owners' religious beliefs.

Shop owners Melissa and Aaron Klein were ordered to pay $135,000 in emotional damages.

They were also told they couldn't refuse customers based on sexual orientation.

In his bid for Secretary of State, Avakian promised a push for "progressive values" like
wage equality and reproductive freedoms.

His conservative opponent promised to adhere to the position's basic, more traditional
roles, like auditing public records and officiating elections.

In the end, the opponent, Dennis Richardson won 48% of the popular vote, beating Avakian
by nearly 100,000 votes.

The victory makes Richardson
the first Republican to win a statewide office in Oregon since 2002.

https://www.cnn.com/2016/11/15/politics/oregon-bakery-official-lost-trnd/index.html?no-st=1572021920
Old 10-25-2019, 02:53 PM

Did the waitress at the restaurant who overheard the conversation and reported Nichols to the police actually hear the entire conversation or just part of it? Did they fire the resource officer for leaving the school, if not, why not? Parents should be all over this and they should voice their concerns that the resource officer is leaving the school vulnerable to attack.
Old 10-25-2019, 03:14 PM

a couple of guys in Connecticut just got ARESSTED for free speech violations. guess what is going to happen to them next? yup, "red flag" gun confiscation. https://www.washingtonpost.com/natio...elling-n-word/
Old 10-25-2019, 10:34 PM

From the article;
Quote:
“No he just told me to hand [the firearm license] over so I took it out of my wallet and handed it to him.”
Please advise if I'm wrong but I've been told that no law enforcement officer has the right to confiscate or even demand to hold any of my legally issued licenses. This came up in regards to pilot's licenses when ramp checked, they can demand you show the document but they cannot legally demand that you hand it over to them without due process. If so I hope everyone remembers this for the future. looks like we may need to use every Constitutional protection we have.
416 stainless Sig P-238 & P938 triggers