So a guy walks into a gun store - Page 2 - 1911Forum
1911Forum
Advertise Here
Forum   Reviews   Rules   Legal   Site Supporters & Donations   Advertise

Go Back   1911Forum > >

Notices

Old 08-31-2016, 05:47 PM

My wife's standard reaction to me getting a new gun is "You don't need another gun!". My standard answer is "You're right. I really don't need another gun, but I'm getting it anyway". Then she'll never say another word about it. Very good wife I've got here.
Old 08-31-2016, 06:10 PM

Springfield RO

Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpeg
Views:	70
Size:	773.0 KB
ID:	255377 Hard to beat the Springfield RO. Today's event shooting in 9mm. The shot at 11 o'clock is an old .45 target. The topic of conversation is the 9 rounds with the RO in 9mm. Offhand single hand at 40 ft. I'm 75 years old and can't believe the accuracy of the Springfield, going to order one in .45
Old 08-31-2016, 09:11 PM

There's a fellow on another forum who's signature line is:

"My greatest fear is when I die my wife will sell my guns for what I told her they cost"

I really like that lol
Old 08-31-2016, 09:19 PM

Nice score!
Old 09-01-2016, 02:41 PM

Also you can always take empty gun cases to the gun shows and stores, when you go say you're thinking of selling or trading. Then put the new gun in the empty case, when you get home tell her you changed your mind and just kept the gun you had or they offered to little for you to sell.
Old 09-01-2016, 02:44 PM

Btw
Forgot to mention, it came with the box and all like new goodies, less warranty registration card.
Old 09-01-2016, 03:02 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ubet View Post
I feel sorry for you guys that feel they have to hide stuff and cower from their wives. That is NOT how marriage is supposed to be.

Nice find op.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk
Yep!!!!

But nice find OP.
Old 09-07-2016, 08:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ubet View Post
I feel sorry for you guys that feel they have to hide stuff and cower from their wives. That is NOT how marriage is supposed to be.

Nice find op.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

My girlfriend doesn't mind me spending all my money on guns. She knows it means I will never have money for a mistress!
Old 09-07-2016, 11:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by skidemn View Post
My girlfriend doesn't mind me spending all my money on guns. She knows it means I will never have money for a mistress!
Yeah, but she'd like some good kitchen knives (if she cooks) or ruby ear rings better...

Old 09-08-2016, 12:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capt. Methane View Post
Yeah, but she'd like some good kitchen knives (if she cooks) or ruby ear rings better...

My wife and I have calphalon, the best

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 09-08-2016, 12:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas Guy View Post
My wife and I have calphalon, the best

Well, maybe-our first tax return (24 years ago) went to a basic set of Wusthof knives (mundane perhaps but they are quality blades and they've held up) more recently I got her a Shun in VG-10 which is a really nice knife and I can tell she likes it because it gets used and I have to sharpen it! Doesn't bother me though because I like VG-10, it's great steel and restoring the edge to the point that hair flees from my arm in anticipation of being shaved off amuses me...

Last edited by Capt. Methane; 09-08-2016 at 12:58 AM.
Old 09-08-2016, 08:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tangohammerli View Post
Btw
Forgot to mention, it came with the box and all like new goodies, less warranty registration card.
I've only bought one Springfield new and didnt send in the warranty card. Relax, springfield is the best in the biz with helping if your gun fails (S&W is great too). Happy shooting!
Old 09-08-2016, 08:38 AM

Quote:

No, she'd rather have her shotgun Cerakoted pink, and new pink VZ grips for her Colt 70 series 9mm 1911.
Old 09-09-2016, 07:28 AM

My wife and I have been happily married for 31 yrs.
She says, "it's your money, buy what you want"
She's a sweetheart.
Old 09-09-2016, 07:34 AM

My wife's only requirement is that she gets to shoot anything I buy whenever she wants. Then she usually goes and buys her own.
Old 09-09-2016, 10:10 AM

I cant talk/type right now, wifee might be watching.....Ill try to sneak back later.
Old 09-09-2016, 01:38 PM

Quote:
No, she'd rather have her shotgun Cerakoted pink, and new pink VZ grips for her Colt 70 series 9mm 1911.
Okay, the pink G-10 panels on a Colt I could accept as a matter of personal taste-besides, four screws and they're gone. But some years ago the FIL and I were busting some clays and he let me shoot a Benelli 20ga self loader and dang, not only was it beautiful it was as if it knew where the clays were going and I actually didn't look like a complete clutz while I was shooting it!

If she wants a Mossberg pump gun painted pink, well, okay I guess-I don't have to ever see it but a Benelli? To do that would be criminal!
Old 09-09-2016, 04:31 PM

Quote:
Okay, the pink G-10 panels on a Colt I could accept as a matter of personal taste-besides, four screws and they're gone. But some years ago the FIL and I were busting some clays and he let me shoot a Benelli 20ga self loader and dang, not only was it beautiful it was as if it knew where the clays were going and I actually didn't look like a complete clutz while I was shooting it!

If she wants a Mossberg pump gun painted pink, well, okay I guess-I don't have to ever see it but a Benelli? To do that would be criminal!

She originally wanted that custom 70 series Cerakoted pink, but I told her John Moses Browning would not allow it, and the Cerakote shop likes 1911s enough to know that's sacrilege!
Old 09-09-2016, 07:33 PM

Quote:
She originally wanted that custom 70 series Cerakoted pink, but I told her John Moses Browning would not allow it, and the Cerakote shop likes 1911s enough to know that's sacrilege!

I've seen a production Iver Johnson cerakote pepto bismol pink; no kidding. Last time I checked it was on Bud'd website. The gun is hideous.

Old 09-10-2016, 07:40 AM

My greatest fear is that when I am old and sick, my wife might sell some of my pistols for what I said I had in them.
Old 10-07-2016, 02:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuckscap View Post
There's a fellow on another forum who's signature line is:

"My greatest fear is when I die my wife will sell my guns for what I told her they cost"

I really like that lol
When my wife said, "you don't need that" and asked how much my TRP cost, I said, "about 40 pair of shoes".
Old 10-09-2016, 02:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GP14 View Post
When my wife said, "you don't need that" and asked how much my TRP cost, I said, "about 40 pair of shoes".

Of course that would depend on the shoes-some good leather Italian knee high boots with stiletto heels would set you back a long ways towards that TRP but not all women can get away with those...
Old 10-09-2016, 11:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironbutt View Post
Sheesh! You guys need to learn how to handle your wives.

You buy a new gun & put it in the safe. You only get it out when she's not home. A few months later, when she does discover it & starts to rip you a new one for buying a new gun without permission; you can truthfully say, "Oh, I've had this gun for a long time."

I'm an old phart & my wife no longer cares if I buy new guns & knives that I couldn't afford in my younger days. She just wants me to keep the receipt & the box, so she knows how much she can sell them for when I die.
Ha ha ha I love this
Old 10-10-2016, 05:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qvelutina View Post
I've seen a production Iver Johnson cerakote pepto bismol pink; no kidding. Last time I checked it was on Bud'd website. The gun is hideous.

Whats really funny is , that someone put 300.00 into an IR to make it pink . That is half of the cost of the pistol its-self .
Old 10-16-2016, 12:08 PM

I only do what the voices in my wife's head tell her to tell me to do!