1911Forum
Advertise Here
Forum   Reviews   Rules   Legal   Site Supporters & Donations   Advertise

Go Back   1911Forum > >

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 05-27-2016, 04:50 PM

Bud's Guns NEVER again!

ordered my 1911 SA RO on Sunday. Today they finally had a FedEx number for it, but it hasn't arrived at any FedEx location!

In the end it cost me $13 more than my local gun shop, and I'll be lucky if I have it middle-late next week!

Bud's Guns NEVER again!

done with my rant
Old 05-27-2016, 05:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by atjurhs View Post
ordered my 1911 SA RO on Sunday. Today they finally had a FedEx number for it, but it hasn't arrived at any FedEx location!

In the end it cost me $13 more than my local gun shop, and I'll be lucky if I have it middle-late next week!

Bud's Guns NEVER again!

done with my rant
Well some say 13 is a unlucky number, maybe its a sign of things too come...

Last edited by Phil McGrath; 05-28-2016 at 11:55 AM.
Old 05-27-2016, 05:08 PM

Check the tracking number later tonight and it will most likely finally show some info.

Buds is slow on shipping but I have always received what I ordered and when I have used them I have saved a bunch.

I would not use them if my total cost to buy would be less locally. In other words local price plus tax vs online price plus $15 FFL fee and shipping/insurance.

Old 05-27-2016, 06:06 PM

I've heard nothing but good things about Bud's. Certainly wouldn't have bought the firearm from them if I could acquire the weapon for less expense from a local dealer. I buy most of my stuff from GunBrokers.
"Praise be to the LORD my Rock, who trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle." Psalm 144:1
Old 05-27-2016, 06:15 PM

One transaction with Buds a few years back for a pistol

Flawless
Old 05-27-2016, 06:15 PM

I might be one of the few here but im.100% with buds. My last being my gold cup.
I have heard other bad reviews though.
Sorry for your luck
Old 05-27-2016, 06:23 PM

If I can buy a gun from my local gun dealer for less or the same total money as from Bud's, by golly that is what I am going to do. To me, this is only common sense. However, the last five guns that I purchased came from Bud's because none of my local gun dealers could match Bud's total cost. It wasn't even close. And, I am certainly not going to order from Bud's or Grab a Gun or any other internet dealer that is out of state if I want it tomorrow. ATJURAS, you are not getting any sympathy from me.
Old 05-27-2016, 06:48 PM

I normally ignore posts like this but I can't let this one go.

Sounds like you didn't do your homework. If you did you would have known the details and costs involved.

If you have a problem with a place you did business with then take it up with them. This forum or any other social media is not the place for it.

Sorry for the tough love but that is how I see it.

Edit: The Range Officer is a terrific gun hope you enjoy it.

Last edited by Mac-A-Noid; 05-27-2016 at 07:10 PM.
Old 05-27-2016, 06:52 PM

Got 6 guns from Buds, all transactions were great!

I just wish I didn't sell a few.

Jimmy
Old 05-27-2016, 07:24 PM

I've bought several from Bud's and never a problem. But, if I could deal locally I would.
Old 05-27-2016, 07:47 PM

I bought my first 1911 from Buds. They did exactly what they said they would do. I bought my second 1911 from Grab a Gun, they did everything faster and a little cheaper. Can't say anything bad about either one, but I can say more good things about Grab a Gun. Hope you enjoy your purchase!
Old 05-27-2016, 08:03 PM

My first Gun Broker purchase originated from Buds. I had no idea who or what Buds even was at the time. I called and told them I was a newbie and they made it really, really easy for me.

Somebody obviously goofed up in the OP's case, but I'd not hesitate to buy from Buds.

"I've been up early my whole life, and all that ever did was increase the amount of time during the day something could go wrong." ~ Inspector O
Old 05-27-2016, 08:05 PM

I have purchased several firearms from Bud's and have been very happy with the price and service. I don't get in that big of hurry for my purchase and usually drag it out with layaway. I can find guns in stock on their website that just aren't available local and when you figure in the tax I always save money on total cost. My transfer dealer only charges me fifteen bucks for the transfer and if I had to pay tax it would be 8.25 percent.
Old 05-27-2016, 08:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burgs View Post
My first Gun Broker purchase originated from Buds. I had no idea who or what Buds even was at the time. I called and told them I was a newbie and they made it really, really easy for me.

Somebody obviously goofed up in the OP's case, but I'd not hesitate to buy from Buds.
How did someone goof up? They shipped it in 5 business days. That is faster than any of my orders from them. FedEx updates are not always at the moment of pickup. All of my orders from Buds did not show tracking info until late in the evening which is why I suggested for the OP to check again later tonight.
Old 05-27-2016, 08:33 PM

Had great luck with buds a few times. Customer service was actually spot on when something went wrong and took great care of me as a customer.

I definitely give buds an A as a high volume vendor.
Old 05-27-2016, 09:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by atjurhs View Post

Bud's Guns NEVER again!

done with my rant
If the gun costs you more, why did you buy it from then opposed to your local gun shop?
Old 05-27-2016, 09:07 PM

I put a Delta on layaway back in February. The deal is you pay them 20%, and they remove and reserve a gun from inventory. My second and last payment to them should have sent the gun to processing.

They sold me a gun they did not have. They waited a week for my electronic check to clear, even though I paid them through my credit union and they had the money in their account two days later.

The gun moved to processing... only there wasn't a gun. I got a message they needed to speak with me, so I called them and they fessed up. They offered me a 30 dollar gift card, but I wanted the gun I paid a thousand dollars for. They never had the O2020 Delta, but had the O2020WG Delta that they let me have at cost. I had to pay the difference, which wasn't a big deal, but I had to wait another damn week for them to take a more money from my credit card this time.

A Delta I might add that is now in Colt's hands.

The point is... Yes I was pissed off at Bud's, but they do mostly have the best prices, free shipping, and no state sales tax for me. So I will be doing business again. Crap happens sometimes. I've used them four times and only had one bad experience.
1911forum member #7
ACCEPT NOTHING LESS THAN FULL VICTORY!"
General Dwight D. Eisenhower June 6, 1944
Old 05-27-2016, 09:50 PM

I've bought several guns firm Bud's with no problems whatsoever. In fact the last pistol, a WC CCO, I received a little bit of a refund because of the lower price guarantee.

Sorry you had a bad experience.
Old 05-27-2016, 10:31 PM

Buds has been great for me. No complaints here.
Old 05-27-2016, 10:40 PM

I've bought 3 guns from Bud's, the shipping was always extremely slow, but they saved me money.
I also bought a Tisas from Bud's in Sevierville, and they were quick to exchange it because of a defect. Good service.
Old 05-27-2016, 11:01 PM

Maybe I got lucky but after ordering a single-shot shotgun for my daughter at a local store, paying them the full price up front, and waiting for 2 months, I cancelled my order, got my money back, ordered from Bud's and had it within a week.
Old 05-27-2016, 11:24 PM

I am a Team Bud's member and I have ordered many guns from them and I get transfers from them all the time. They are great to deal with and any problems get sorted in a quick and friendly way. One tip is if you want something fast you have to order from the "Fast Track" list. I have had stuff show up the next day and no more than 3 days when using FT. On the "regular" items it's usually 5-7 days.

Disclaimer: I own and operate Gold Mine Pawn LLC. Licensed FFL Dealer
Old 05-27-2016, 11:50 PM

I've bought 3. Last one was slow, but otherwise solid.
Old 05-28-2016, 12:04 AM

I've bought at least 1/2 a dozen guns from Bud's zero issues. I would do business again in a heart beat.
Distinguished Pistol #388
Old 05-28-2016, 01:44 AM

LGS is Fuquay Gun and Gold in Fuquay-Varina, NC. I have not had to go online for any 1911 or CZ I have purchased because they beat the online prices.
From here on, if I want something nice, Guncrafter will make it
COTEP CBOB0691
Closed Thread