1911Forum
Advertise Here
Forum   Reviews   Rules   Legal   Site Supporters & Donations   Advertise

Go Back   1911Forum > >

Notices

Old 12-08-2015, 08:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hk91308 View Post
I was fortunate to purchase a NIB Pro Rail that the original purchaser changed his mind and never did the FFL ppw to take it home and it had been sitting in the dealers safe-

Build date was 2/2015, and I noticed the rear sights have 2014 on them and front sight has 2015.. I'm assuming SA used the old/ but new stock rear sight from 2014 that they may have had left over while building this Pro, and used new 2015 front sights...

Anyone have similar experiences with your front and rear sight dates inconsistent like this from a new build?

Wasn't sure if this is worth the while to ask SA and have them appropriately install my rear sight with a 2015 one like the front (Since this was after all a 2015 model)... Just don't want the short end of the stick on the tritium that may have been one year older, especially if it was produced Jan 2014. If it was one from December 2014, that I can live with since its relatively in line and close enough to when the gun was made in 2015

TIA for any feedback and input
I have 2 Pros and both have mismatched dates for the sights. Heck, I think my railed pro, delivered in 2014, has 2012 sights. It also came out of order compared to other serial numbers I saw released in the same batch. I don't remember off hand, but my serial number was something like 4000, and it seemed that every other on gunbroker, the forum, etc was 4200 or so in that batch. So that, combined with the old sites, had me wondering if the gun had sat around for some time.

I emailed Deb and she explained that they have a large supply of sights and it was common for the years to differ and further explained it was common for serial numbers to be out of order
Old 12-08-2015, 09:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joemannnnn View Post
I have 2 Pros and both have mismatched dates for the sights. Heck, I think my railed pro, delivered in 2014, has 2012 sights. It also came out of order compared to other serial numbers I saw released in the same batch. I don't remember off hand, but my serial number was something like 4000, and it seemed that every other on gunbroker, the forum, etc was 4200 or so in that batch. So that, combined with the old sites, had me wondering if the gun had sat around for some time.

I emailed Deb and she explained that they have a large supply of sights and it was common for the years to differ and further explained it was common for serial numbers to be out of order
Thanks so much Joe, very helpful along with Combat Vet's
Old 12-23-2015, 09:51 AM

Has Nobody bought any pros lately? This thread had been quiet.
Old 12-23-2015, 04:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by riddic99 View Post
Has Nobody bought any pros lately? This thread had been quiet.
Sheesh I took delivery of 8 of them this year. Is that not enough?
Old 12-23-2015, 10:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Combat_Vet View Post
It is not. Lol. I still drool over your pics even though I have a pro
Old 12-24-2015, 04:32 AM

I'am still waiting on my pro 8 more months to go .
Old 12-24-2015, 09:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Combat_Vet View Post
8???

I salute you sir!!!

Old 12-26-2015, 06:09 PM

I'm sure it's been discussed somewhere else in the 4528 posts before this but what happens to the Pro when the HRT contract expires, isn't renewed, HRT moves on to a new gun etc. Correct me if I'm wrong but so much of the Pro "lore" is the fact that SACS builds a batch of guns without knowing which builds will go to civilians. The public is willing to pay a reasonable premium for a Pro vs a Custom Carry.

I'm not suggesting the quality will drop or SACS doesn't build a fine gun but where do things go? Would SACS discontinue the Pro and let the build continue as a Custom Carry? Keep the Pro and the rollmarks?

The Pro isn't necessarily a Pro without that contract any more is it?
Old 12-26-2015, 06:12 PM
Adminstrator

Why not? The gun does not change. Either you like it, or you do not.
Old 12-26-2015, 06:23 PM

It is an interesting question whether such a change would affect the aftermarket value. I doubt they will discontinue it or change it in any way. But their may become and pre/post contract market.
Old 12-26-2015, 06:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LW McVay View Post
Why not? The gun does not change. Either you like it, or you do not.
I agree with you and where that thinking leads but that's not the reality of the demand for the Pro or the essence of the questions.

So much of the pricing (demand) for a Pro is centered around it's status as the "FBI gun", so to speak. It's that little bit of exclusivity that in my opinion has driven the demand to where it is.

What other semi-custom shop has such a disproportionate amount of it's sales dedicated to a single model? How about a builder with an 18-24 month waitlist? Additionally, people are willing to pay premiums (well above MSRP) for these guns that we don't see with any other make/model.

Demand for these guns is not just the value of the physical product but also it's ties to the contract, the lore, the rollmarks, etc.
Old 12-26-2015, 06:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tightlines View Post

The Pro isn't necessarily a Pro without that contract any more is it?

The Professional will always be the Professional regardless of new contract .

The next HRT pistol , Delta pistol , Seal pistol , ETC will be built to new specs
and under go new test trials , and have a new name whatever that may be .
Old 12-26-2015, 07:15 PM

I don't believe that we can quantify the effect of the contract "lore" on the aftermarket value of these guns, especially since they have always been sold while on contract.

While I agree it is an important part of the Pro appeal, I would argue that the aftermarket value is more directly related to the high demand, low quantity, and superior build quality.
Old 12-26-2015, 07:37 PM
Adminstrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom_W View Post
I don't believe that we can quantify the effect of the contract "lore" on the aftermarket value of these guns, especially since they have always been sold while on contract.

While I agree it is an important part of the Pro appeal, I would argue that the aftermarket value is more directly related to the high demand, low quantity, and superior build quality.
I would agree. Of course, the supply "may" go up, but then again it might not. The Pro is and will be the top o' the heap when it comes to a pistol that is ready to go straight out of the box.
Old 12-26-2015, 08:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tightlines View Post
.....What other semi-custom shop has such a disproportionate amount of it's sales dedicated to a single model? How about a builder with an 18-24 month waitlist? Additionally, people are willing to pay premiums (well above MSRP) for these guns that we don't see with any other make/model.....
If you want a WC RIGHT NOW.....you'll pay a premium.

I know 3 others guys who shoot a Pro regularly. None of us bought them because of the FBI "cool" factor. We bought them because for $2700, you get a badass 1911.
Old 12-26-2015, 10:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRSOtto View Post
If you want a WC RIGHT NOW.....you'll pay a premium.

I know 3 others guys who shoot a Pro regularly. None of us bought them because of the FBI "cool" factor. We bought them because for $2700, you get a badass 1911.
While I own quite a few 1911s, I basically have 3 in carry rotation, the Pro is one of them.

I carry my Pro all the time, in fact carrying it on a trip out of state right now.....FBI who?

www.hammondgunandtackle.com
Old 12-26-2015, 10:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammond View Post
While I own quite a few 1911s, I basically have 3 in carry rotation, the Pro is one of them.

I carry my Pro all the time, in fact carrying it on a trip out of state right now.....FBI who?

This makes waiting for mine that much harder!
Old 12-26-2015, 10:21 PM

I feel your pain, but the wait is worth it, I waited far longer than most for my (personal) first one, I kept giving the build spot I was holding back for myself up to clients! LOL

Finally I did keep one out for myself, love the gun, my personal Operator is due in next shipment.

As to FBI contract gun, I get the question some ask as to if this will in any way effect it as a offering from SACS in the future, I personally believe no it will not.

Loosing the status as the 'FBI contract gun' may mean something to a collector or someone all about 'tatcticool' status, to me and others looking at it as a end user tool.....it does not mean.........well, I will keep it PG rated.....crap.

www.hammondgunandtackle.com
Old 12-27-2015, 10:45 AM

I have about another 6-8 month wait on my PRO/LR
Old 12-28-2015, 12:11 AM

I finally got mine. I did cheat and bought one of Gunbroker, but it was still under $3,000.

Old 12-28-2015, 12:46 AM

^^^Very nice. Enjoy.
Old 12-28-2015, 04:33 AM

Did you get the paperwork and the magazines as well ?
Old 12-28-2015, 05:07 AM

@DanH I also got lucky and picked up my PRO on GB from a dealer who didn't mark them up ridiculously. They are out there for MSRP if your not in rush.
Old 12-28-2015, 09:22 PM

Wowzers. Beautiful. Just beautiful.
Old 12-29-2015, 08:59 AM

New Pro owner here and have a question regarding the end of the barrel. The end of the barrel on my pro is solid black, most pictures I see from new owners show the end of the barrel stripped of the black T, are most this way shipped from SA or because of wear or removal of the bushing? Wondering if the fit is normal on this gun, as I haven't seen one like this. Round count on this gun is 100.