Well blow me away! - Page 2 - 1911Forum
1911Forum
Advertise Here
Forum   Reviews   Rules   Legal   Site Supporters & Donations   Advertise

Go Back   1911Forum > >

Notices

Old 08-26-2014, 02:06 PM

If my dentist finds out I'm NOT carrying during a visit, he gives me the 9th degree....lol. He normally wears an ankle holster covered by his scrubs...
Old 08-26-2014, 02:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shootbrownelk View Post
I got the "Do you have any weapons" from my doctor. After I told him what I had, we BS'd about rifles, ballistics & what we drew for tags this year. I like my doctor too!
He shouldn't have asked the question.
Old 08-26-2014, 06:00 PM

Both my dentist(He got me into the shooting club) and my chiropractor are gun guys.
Old 08-26-2014, 06:29 PM

My Regular Doc is a nice guy that I've seen for 30 years now.

He shoots and has on occasion come to my buddies private range to shoot.

Sadly, I'm afraid I'm going to have to find a new doc one of these days as the Big "C" has reared it's ugly head with him and the prognosis doesn't sound good.

For all of you that have good doc's, keep on their good side and make sure they shoot straight when it comes to needles.

Keep in mind the following joke to tell your Doctors the next time you see em. I've been telling it for over 35 years.

Q: Why do Lawyers and Politicians wear neckties?
A: To keep the 4skin from slipping up over their face and suffocating them to death.
Old 08-26-2014, 08:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cwo4uscgret View Post
Mayhem I know you're making a funny comment but the reality for me is:...
Sorry. Was not making a funny. It's not very often I really need a doctor and having moved several times over the last 10 years it has been impossible to keep GP. And it never fails if I have a medical issue that needs attention I go to a clinic and they set me up with some middle eastern/indian/pakistani that jabbers away and I cannot for the life of me understand a word they say. And I wonder if they even understand a word I say.

So recently I needed a new prescription for my thyroid meds. I go to the local clinic run by one of the better hospitals in the area. They asked if I had any preference for doctors. I said only that they speak clear english. And they set me up an appointment with Dr. Maliha Akbar.

To my shock she spoke perfect english and not only was she understandable, actually LISTENED to what I told her.

I am VERY happy to have found a doctor that speaks english.
You may know a thing and it is not true. But in understanding that thing there can be ONLY truth. And to understand, you will need contrast. NOT adherence to a single idea. The truth is in the contrast.
Old 08-26-2014, 10:10 PM

My doc and my chiropractor are perfectly comfortable with me carrying my gun in the office.
Old 08-26-2014, 11:19 PM

My Doc's an old country doctor. He has a sign posted that all people carrying firearms are asked to remove the firearms from their person before the exams. I think he does it to see the different types of firearms personally. Good Guy, He restores older diagnostic equipment and I'll help him out from time to time with problematic devices.
Old 08-27-2014, 01:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by glocktogo View Post
My doc and my chiropractor are perfectly comfortable with me carrying my gun in the office.
I haven't seen him for awhile but this reminded me, "my" chiropractor was very happy one day. He won an AR at an NRA dinner and was displaying it in the office! And no he didn't want to sell it. LOL
Old 08-27-2014, 09:14 AM

Got a new eye doctor the other day and she is an MD surgeon. very well respected and teaches at the University Medical Center here in town. I am 6' 5" and she comes in at about 5' 0"!! While I am in the chair being examined I mention to her that I shoot a lot and can she help me with some shooting glasses. She says she also shoots a lot and does quite well in sporting clays. She even told me to bring my pistol in and show her how I shoot with it and she can help me with shooting glasses. I like my little doctor!
Old 08-27-2014, 09:51 AM

Doctors and Guns

Quote:
Originally Posted by hal copple View Post
my pediatric office, where i have returned to work part time, has a new patient information sheet given out at well visits. On the form are a dozen or so questions about the home environment, with a safety comment at each question. Questions like "is your child in a rear-facing child seat", "do you have a swimming pool", "do you have a trampoline", each followed by a safety suggestion. None of the safety suggestions are judgmental.

One of the questions is "do you have guns in your home", followed by a yes/no column, then the suggestion to be sure they are secure from childhood access.

I am amazed how many check "yes", even for South Carolina, which leads me to engage in conversation about their and my guns and firearm sport and hobby. Many of my "mothers" carry. About the only comment I may make is to tell a teen to be sure to always clear any chamber when they pick up a firearm.

I know lots of physicians who enjoy shooting hobbies, and most are politically conservative, too.

All the best....
My doctor hates Obamacare and, I found out, loves guns. He wasked me if I liked to shoot and I said yes. And, he asked me what do I shoot. I said that I shoot Sig P220 to which he says, "I love Sig Sauer pistols--they are great". He said he is partial to the .45 acp and added that I had made good choice. At no time did I tell him I owned a bunch of guns, including the Sig 220, but I am sure he knew. I asked him if he did make a note of our conversation about guns and he said, "You have a right to own and shoot guns...it is not any of my business..." I do love this doctor.
Kimber Pro Carry (.45 ACP), Sig 220 (.45 ACP), Sig 226 MK 25 (9 mm), Browning HP (9 mm), Sig 232 (.380 ACP), S&W Mod-10 revolver (.38 Spl), Win Mod 94 (30-30) lever action rifle, Henry (.22 LR) lever action rifle, COLT AR-15 M4 (5.56 mm).
Old 08-27-2014, 01:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcla View Post
Got a new eye doctor the other day and she is an MD surgeon. very well respected and teaches at the University Medical Center here in town. I am 6' 5" and she comes in at about 5' 0"!! While I am in the chair being examined I mention to her that I shoot a lot and can she help me with some shooting glasses. She says she also shoots a lot and does quite well in sporting clays. She even told me to bring my pistol in and show her how I shoot with it and she can help me with shooting glasses. I like my little doctor!
Forgot about my optometrist! I actually took my gun in to get the focal length set for my shooting glasses. No problem with her either!