NCIS New Orleans - 1911Forum
1911Forum
Advertise Here
Forum   Reviews   Rules   Legal   Site Supporters & Donations   Advertise

Go Back   1911Forum > >

Notices

Old 03-28-2020, 06:38 PM

NCIS New Orleans

Anyone got any idea about the maker of the holster Pride wears SOB? Just bored and curious.
Old 03-29-2020, 08:17 AM
Super Moderator

Galco SOB.
Old 03-29-2020, 08:42 AM

Stopped watching that show the last time they had a cast shake up, didn't like a couple of the new arrivals.
Well I think it was the last time, there may have been more since then
Advertisement

Old 03-29-2020, 11:38 AM

Thanks Ricky T
Old 03-29-2020, 12:50 PM

He had this holster at one point - Dragon Leatherworks Valkyrie

https://www.dlwtn.com/custom/valkyrie

I seem to remember we had a thread on the above holster at one point and it being on NCIS New Orleans, and I think the maker is a forum member, but I can't find it.
Old 03-29-2020, 04:25 PM
Super Moderator

Don't know anything about that holster above, but my wife make me watch NCIS-NO LOL. Dwayne Pride have been carrying the SOB holster for just about every scene on the episodes that I watch. It's interesting that the character would remove the gun from the holster and put it in a file cabinet when he's in the office.
Old 03-29-2020, 05:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricky T View Post
Don't know anything about that holster above, but my wife make me watch NCIS-NO LOL. Dwayne Pride have been carrying the SOB holster for just about every scene on the episodes that I watch. It's interesting that the character would remove the gun from the holster and put it in a file cabinet when he's in the office.
He only used that holster in the two NCIS episodes that setup NCIS New Orleans.
Old 04-05-2020, 07:33 AM

SOB carry only works for TV actors. TV actors are stupid. In the real world SOB carry is a Very Bad Idea.
Old 04-05-2020, 12:54 PM

True for sob .It is best for tv . Even the NCIS LA does it unless in swat gear. Many times these actors are not carrying . Don't watch New Orleans.
Old 04-05-2020, 01:43 PM

Watched a movie the other day and a character had an S.O.B. holster positioned @2:30. Even more worthless than when positioned in the back. I’ve watched so many movies in the last couple weeks, I don’t even recall what it was.

NRA Patron Life Member
Old 04-05-2020, 10:39 PM

In the late 50's Mike Connors played an undercover police officer in a 30 minute TV show, Tight-Rope. He carried his two inch revolver in the small of his back. The bad guys never checked there.

In my career as a deputy I spent about 90% in uniform. I did spend some time as detective. I can't imagine a more uncomfortable way to carry a pistol as in the small of the back.

On both NCIS and NCiS New Orleans all of the agents store their pistols in a drawer. That is about a dumb idea. About 20 years a ago, a c.i. walked into the Washington D.C. police headquarters. He shot and killed at least one F.B.I. agent and some D.C. detectives. He wanted to prove he was not a snitch.
Old 05-20-2020, 11:43 PM

SOB is a terrible idea. It's not comfortable when seated. And it can happen that if you fall or get pushed hard into something you can break your spine.
It wasn't a handgun, but handcuffs in this case, but a buddy of mine is not longer a cop because of it. He had his handcuffs in the small of his back and was shoved into a cooler. Fractured two disks and ended his career. Now he walks with a cane and sometimes has quite a bit of pain from it.