House Guns - Page 3 - 1911Forum
1911Forum
Advertise Here
Forum   Reviews   Rules   Legal   Site Supporters & Donations   Advertise

Go Back   1911Forum > >

Notices

Old 03-22-2020, 10:06 AM

One good practice for advance warning - is a good watchdog, & sleeping behind a few locked doors. I have a DA/SA Sig pistol for immediate use, & a short carbine that is 6 seconds from ready - with both red dot optic & green laser, + 30 round magazine, + other options.
Attached Thumbnails
STRIBOG Stribogportraitsmall-892220.jpg  

Last edited by crasig; 03-22-2020 at 10:08 AM.
Old 03-23-2020, 08:56 AM

It depends what floor your on (we have 3). STI pistols on the first and second. Remington 870ís with #4 buck on the second and third. And a Sig MPX PCC that follows us from second to third wherever weíre spending the most time. Thereís also a moss reg shockwave in the garage.

We live in a pretty densely populated downtown neighborhood we we use guns and rounds with less likelihood of going through numerous walls. When Iím keeping a eye on the streets from a balcony I have a 5.56 or 6.8 for the extra distance.
Old 03-23-2020, 09:23 AM

Bedside gun is a Sig 226 Legion SAO.
Old 03-23-2020, 09:34 AM

20 gauge Shockwave and Kimber LW .45 ACP.
Old 03-23-2020, 09:46 AM

Glock 45 mos with rmr and TLR1HL On nightstand. Benelli M1S90 in the corner ready to go.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 03-23-2020, 01:19 PM

Tactical Yorkie that lets nothing go by. Currently, 45.'s in every room w/ tactical ammo plus machine guns in each of 3 bedrooms. I was carrying a Cobra but went back to one of my Special Combats in a Crossbreed.

ďThe tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants. It is its natural manure.Ē Thomas Jefferson
Old 03-23-2020, 02:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Descartian View Post
It depends what floor your on (we have 3). STI pistols on the first and second. Remington 870’s with #4 buck on the second and third. And a Sig MPX PCC that follows us from second to third wherever we’re spending the most time. There’s also a moss reg shockwave in the garage.

We live in a pretty densely populated downtown neighborhood we we use guns and rounds with less likelihood of going through numerous walls. When I’m keeping a eye on the streets from a balcony I have a 5.56 or 6.8 for the extra distance.
5.56 will go through far less than any of the options you mentioned especially after it leaves your house if you miss.
Carry gun:Wilson Carry Comp Custom .45S Pocket carry:on loan Other 1911s:WC Supergrade Accucomp .38, WC BW Opticomp, WC CQB Compact, WC CQB Professional, WC Super Sentinel, WC CQB Elite 9mm, WC EDC X9, WC X9S, Ed Brown SR, NHC Predator II Opticomp, NHC T3 Hardchrome, Kimber Ultra, ATI Tactical, RIA Tactical 10mm, Kimber Ultra Diamond 9mm, Detonics Combat Master MKVI, Colt Centennial .460 Roland
Old 03-25-2020, 05:24 PM

Mossberg 12ga shotgun
Old 03-25-2020, 05:36 PM

House Gun

Kimber SS Custom TLE R/L II threaded for Osprey suppressor w/Surefire X400u weapons light. Several extra mags loaded and on hand.
Old 03-25-2020, 05:39 PM

I have some beautiful .45’s from my SAA to various Govt. models but my HK P7M8 is what sits by my bed. I’m sold on its squeeze cocker, accuracy and primarily Its just a safer design, no manual safety needed, and I train with it.
One late night i got worried heard a noise, kids in bedrooms, dark, i was a dealer with a large, too large choice of weapons, thats what I grabbed, never changed after. If I was in a military situation I would be more interested in my Colt special combat govt 45 or perhaps my old Sig 220 in .45. I like bigger slugs🤠
Old 03-25-2020, 05:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by US1911 View Post
A 300blk SBR tucked between my bed and nightstand, helps me sleep at night. A Kimber Raptor .45ACP 1911 in my office, allows me to work in comfort. A S&W M&P 340, when not in my pocket, hangs out with me in the family room inside the coffee/battle table drawer, then transitions into my nightstand drawer at bedtime.

I like how you roll !!
Old 03-25-2020, 07:03 PM

My house gun is a Glock 17 w/124gr HST because that is what my wife shoots and shoots well. I'm retired so I'm usually home and I always have a Colt CCO 45 on my hip. At night I put a TLR-I on the Glock in the night stand and a J frame next to it.
Old 03-25-2020, 07:11 PM

1911 in a kitchen drawer (opposite side of house from bedroom), 1911 EDC in bedroom with shotgun and AR.
Old 03-25-2020, 07:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shooter1201 View Post
1911 in a kitchen drawer (opposite side of house from bedroom), 1911 EDC in bedroom with shotgun and AR.
At our old place I used to keep a CH .44 Special Bulldog in the knife drawer. No way to get to the bedroom if anyone was coming through the front or back door.

R.I.P. Miss Andi. It was a fine, long run old pup and I miss ya. AIW
Old 03-25-2020, 07:38 PM

There is a Springfield Armory next to my bed.
Assuming I make it out of bed, the safe is standing right there too and inside is my Remington 870 with factory extended magazine, a side saddle and a selection of #4 Buck shot and slugs.
If the heathens are rioting in the street, there is the Savage Recon AR platform rifle.
My Colt's Government Model is in semi retirement. I shoot it whenever at the range with handguns but no longer use it for daily carry.
My wife has never gotten comfortable with seeing that hammer in the cocked and locked position.
Old 03-25-2020, 07:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cavelamb View Post
I dunno.
Which ever one is closest at the time.
My sentiments also, depending on where in the house I happen to be.
VP-9, WC/CQB 12 gauge with segmented slugs or 00 buck.

If I donít want to scare my dog or wake the neighborhood, iíll grab these..
Attached Thumbnails
1D188024-96F4-44E6-AF90-4D132419A91B.jpeg   A87F1714-3F8A-4C0C-BC1B-FA25D1C7D272.jpeg   43BDD215-D543-45C5-84A2-5BB362DB4104.jpeg  
Old 03-25-2020, 08:00 PM

The bedside table drawer yields a pair of 4" Smiths in .38special and many speed
loaders. I need no light inside the house. Under the bed is a short break
action 12ga w/ single ball LLA for bear response. During waking hours, a 1911
is always available, as is the 590. If it all goes South, a pair of AKs in 7.62 are
very close at hand. Various others have convenient places to be secured.
What am I afraid of? Nothing.
Old 03-25-2020, 08:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plantar5 View Post
My sentiments also, depending on where in the house I happen to be.
VP-9, WC/CQB 12 gauge with segmented slugs or 00 buck.

If I edonít want to scare my dog or wake the neighborhood, iíll grab these..
What light do you have on the Vp 9?
Old 03-25-2020, 08:19 PM

Usually a pistol belt with my series 70 and two spare mags. And a maglite ML50L, it's a 3-c LED with "tactical" features... one of them is a momentary on/off. If you wait more than 1/4 second between taps, it goes momentary on/off. If you tap quickly, it cycles through modes. Takes a little bit of practice to get used to it. I use it as a weapons light as taught by Jeff Cooper: Flashlight in left hand, pistol in right, right wrist over left wrist, the light ends up at 3 o'clock of the gun, and the flashlight wrist supports the gun wrist.

Usually the rifles sleep in the safe, but lately? THe M1 sleeps in the bedroom, a clip clipped to the front of the sling, and a loaded bando in the sock drawer next to the rifle. The rifle's more of a thing for when S *really* HTF, not for like say 2 guys invading the house. That rifle's there for when I hear artillery at 0230. When I see techincals riding around. That's why I keep the M1 out these days. It could happen.

Don't make me add a bayonet to this.. aw hell, I will just because.

No dogs, but I do have the place wired with alarms and glass break sensors. Even the garage. Doors and windows locked and bolted. Most my doors have passive deadbolts, too.

I do practice scenarios, and have a few spots selected, but honestly folks, drywall ain't gonna stop the bad guy's rounds from hitting me. I'll just have to hit first, and well. THe wailing of the alarm and the 600 lumen light may help with that.

Kinda back to the days of hanging a flintlock over the hearth, no?

but geez, with my tastes in old guns, my kit is taking on a decidedly WWII flavor.. the pistol belt's a M1936, the holster's military.. so's the ammo pouch.. so's the rifle, and its sling. OMG I've turned into a reenactor

At least all of it is made here. There's this place called atthefront.com, they make WWII gear in Kentucky with original type materials and fasteners. Got the belt and a fantastic case for the M1 from them. The sling I got from ammogarand, made here, dunno where, but well made (cotton web sling). I most emphatically do not want nylon chinesium anywhere near my war tools. I dont want tacticool. I want it to be made here, work, and last a lifetime. If I look like a WWII solider, so be it.

This is more for the disaster prep forum, but my next steps are to build a personal survival system.. tent, cot, heat, bug control, etc. That's gonna probably be all milsurp too... I remember ALICE, I hear MOLLE's much better. Maybe I can be persuaded to go nylon. But no chinesium!!!
-----------------^--------------
Member NRA, GOA, SAF, VCDL, FL Carry
Old 03-25-2020, 08:21 PM

Old 03-25-2020, 08:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkeye fan View Post
Amen. That's what I'm talking about

I'm nearly right there with you once my orders get in, except I have a SCAR 16/17 and .45 1911 instead
Carry gun:Wilson Carry Comp Custom .45S Pocket carry:on loan Other 1911s:WC Supergrade Accucomp .38, WC BW Opticomp, WC CQB Compact, WC CQB Professional, WC Super Sentinel, WC CQB Elite 9mm, WC EDC X9, WC X9S, Ed Brown SR, NHC Predator II Opticomp, NHC T3 Hardchrome, Kimber Ultra, ATI Tactical, RIA Tactical 10mm, Kimber Ultra Diamond 9mm, Detonics Combat Master MKVI, Colt Centennial .460 Roland

Last edited by Striker2237; 03-25-2020 at 08:28 PM.
Old 03-25-2020, 08:25 PM

Indoor shotgun

At one time in my law enforcement career, we had to do some security for a gang related death threat in a building that was otherwise occupied by people unrelated to the situation and we were not allowed to evacuate. In our experience, the only safe weapon. one that wouldn't penetrate two layers of sheet rock. was our shotguns loaded with number nine bird shot. In the confines of a medium sized room, the pattern of shot is confined to about the size of a fifty cent piece. Ask any emergency room personnel about short range small shot wounds and they will tell you that they are very lethal due to the tissue destruction. If you think of that kind of shotgun ammunition as a giant version of the old Glaser Safety rounds you can see that it isn't something you want to be shot with. I just mention this as a consideration in confined residential settings with the double ought possibly doing unintended damage to others.
Old 03-25-2020, 08:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fishman33 View Post
What light do you have on the Vp 9?
Thats an Inforce weapon light. Does the job if needed.

I recently picked up a TLR8G laser combo for my railed 1911.
Attached Thumbnails
85FF8E9F-99F0-4CE0-9D9D-1D88A2BAE4A7.jpeg  
Old 03-25-2020, 08:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkeye fan View Post
Hawkeye, you never disappoint...
Old 03-25-2020, 08:34 PM

I have a 2 story house with a basment. There is usually 1 of my handguns stashed on each level.