Asian-Americans Terrified of Coronavirus Backlash Stock Up on Guns - Page 5 - 1911Forum
1911Forum
Advertise Here
Forum   Reviews   Rules   Legal   Site Supporters & Donations   Advertise

Go Back   1911Forum > >

Notices

Old 03-12-2020, 01:58 PM

The going rate around here.

Is currently people are trading three Asians for a box of twenty twos.
Old 03-12-2020, 04:20 PM

I turned 60 today.

Guess I'm now in the "High Risk" demographic!!!! LMAO!!!!
Old 03-12-2020, 04:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRSOtto View Post
I turned 60 today.

Welcome to the "Elite"-High-Risk-Club!
Ekeibolon - Jeff Cooper
Old 03-12-2020, 06:10 PM

Quote:
I turned 60 today.

Happy Birthday sir. Hope you have many more
Old 03-12-2020, 06:26 PM

Quote:
I turned 60 today.

Happy Birthday!!!!
Old 03-12-2020, 07:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by USMM guy View Post
Is currently people are trading three Asians for a box of twenty twos.
That’s racist. We are worth at least three boxes of .44 Mag per body.
Old 03-12-2020, 07:34 PM

Thank you gents. It's great to be in such good company!!!
Old 03-12-2020, 07:48 PM

And given the current state of affairs....we put this in our front display case today!!!!!

Click image for larger version

Name:	TP.jpg
Views:	19
Size:	4.71 MB
ID:	576980
Old 03-12-2020, 08:09 PM

Quote:
Happy Birthday there kid! Welcome to the old farts club.
Old 03-12-2020, 08:40 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
I've got you by 8 years and 11 months, so welcome to the group.

Army M.P. 1971 - 1972
Wilsons: Several; Kimbers: 10mm (Wilsonized), .38S (Wilson barrel)
Old 03-12-2020, 08:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by magazineman View Post
It's FLU! Not FLUE! Some of you guys have bought a vowel you do not need.

Give it back to Pat or Vanna. Or save the E for spelling other things.
I've been up my chimney for two weeks now! No wonder I could find nothing wrong!

Now I'm going to the Silver Solution I got from Rev. Jim Bakker at $80. a pint.

I went to the Walgreen's to get an extra bottle of aspirin and some cans of chicken noodle soup. Got in a fistfight with a one legged woman for the last can of soup. Claimed she was a veteran. I called her a liar, "They don't let no one legged folks into the Army", I said. 'They don't", she said, "but they let you out that way." So I felt bad for her, got generous and gave her one of the cans of soup. Left me with only 29 cans. I may die of this Covid but I'll die a gentleman by Golly!

tipoc

Last edited by tipoc; 03-12-2020 at 09:05 PM.
Old 03-12-2020, 09:28 PM
Super Moderator

Forget the Asians, there was a run on bottled water and toilet papers at the grocery store tonight.

The coronavirus panic has set in. Wife asked me to stop at the grocery store on the way home to pick up some potatoes. So at 8pm plus I pulled into the huge parking lot and the lot was practically full. Normally on weeknights, I can park in the spot close to the door, but tonight I parked at the far end. I suspect something was going on, and it was. Every registers was full of people 10 deep. The shelves were a little bare in certain places (hand sanitizers, bleach, bottled water, toilet papers). It was unreal. Yeah, I got my potatoes, bananas and coffee. It is crazy.

BTW, the NRA Convention in Nashville next month is cancelled.

Last edited by Ricky T; 03-12-2020 at 09:32 PM.
Old 03-12-2020, 09:32 PM
Administrator

Look at the bright side. People are finally starting to wash their hands more often.
Avoid the temptation to replace everything on your brand-new 1911 just to make it "better". Know what you're changing out and why. You may spend a lot of money fixing things that weren't broken to begin with. Shoot at least 500 rounds through it first, then decide what you don't like and want to improve. Regarding vintage 1911s, pre-1970 pistols are highly collectible in original, unaltered condition and should NEVER be refinished or modified as it completely ruins their monetary value.
Old 03-12-2020, 09:49 PM

doubling down on this

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveVK View Post
Cold viruses do spread quickly! More quickly than strains of influenza. If not for the publicity and if it wasn't declared a pandemic then we'd not have so much data as to how many had this cold virus and also data connecting deaths to it (vs. "respiratory failure", pneumonia, diabetes, congestive heart failure or some misdiagnosed or convenient selection for "cause of death").

I guess I'd like to see some data on how many perfectly healthy people have died from contracting this virus (other than those gunned down in one certain commie nation).
Sure as ****, you'll get a common cold just like you'll get corona virus! The fact that it spreads quickly (like all cold viruses) and the fact that there is no cure (like no cure for common cold viruses) still applies. Sure, somewhat unique, perhaps where those exposed with other common colds could fight a similar virus "easily" so... perhaps a bad cold!

Worried about the lack of IVs and hospital beds? If medical professionals could actually risk-assess and convince the healthy sheeple to stay home, perhaps the vulnerable in the hospital wouldn't be further impacted!

To think (like at least one Detroit radio sports host suggested) that some government official should tell him when and how to have a dinner) GIVE ME A BREAK! Governments of all nations have proven time and again how inept they are! This is not an excuse to infringe on our God given rights, acknowledged by our constitution to freely assemble! INDIVIDUALS, take heed! If you or those you contact have cancer, congestive heart failure, etc. then come up with plan. It will be far superior than ANY government sponsored plan, believe me! How often have you been tested for a specific strain of a cold virus or influenza virus for that matter!? For the most of us, by the time you'd get the results, you'll already be over with it. Do you honestly believe that other governments have actually successfully CURED this cold virus!?

Stereotyping again to keep on topic, Chinese/Asians in general have an older on average population, therefore MORE susceptible as a whole to the virus. Similarly Italians typically live long lives in their remote villages without "high tech" health care measures. Despite their ineptness and infringements on human rights, it seems to be on the decline in China. Regardless of how great commies think they are, they really didn't do squat except perhaps a have a "legitimate" excuse to execute their political enemies!

Seriously, more about the same as always! There are sheeple and there are sheep dogs and wolves. Which one are you?

I sure hope I don't have to put up with long lines at the grocery store just to pick up that bone-in prime rib roast I ordered from the Butcher earlier in the week! That would really suck!

Last edited by DaveVK; 03-12-2020 at 10:10 PM.
Old 03-12-2020, 10:08 PM

If I was an Asian (or not) tormented by someone because they thought I must have Corona, here's what I'd do:

I'd say "YES!! I HAVE IT!!" then raise my hands like claws, hiss like a vampire, & chase them.
Old 03-12-2020, 10:20 PM

Quote:
If I was an Asian (or not) tormented by someone because they thought I must have Corona, here's what I'd do:

I'd say "YES!! I HAVE IT!!" then raise my hands like claws, hiss like a vampire, & chase them.
Ha ha! Awesome!

As a child/sheeple with teeth, I always heard about the self defense technique of acting crazy, pooping one's pants, vomiting, etc. because my neighborhood brothers were scared to death of catching crazy.

Although it was in my survival arsenal as a minority in a neighborhood full of folks with a chip on their shoulder, I'm glad I never had to employ it! Not saying that I didn't get my butt kicked, etc. but I never had to go to those extremes to live another day!
Old 03-12-2020, 10:44 PM

A lot of people will be stuck isolated at home in the coming weeks. Oddly, there was practically no traffic on the highway today. Kind of scary. Folks are staying home or going to get supplies to last this out if it spreads.

I know what I will be doing... Bingeing on the TV Series "Last Ship". Never saw it when it was being aired but it sounds good, I think I'll give it a go.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Last_Ship_(TV_series)

Quote:
After a global viral pandemic wipes out over 80% of the world's population, the crew (consisting of 218 people) of a lone unaffected U.S. Navy Arleigh Burke-class guided missile destroyer, the fictional USS Nathan James (DDG-151), must try to find a cure, stop the virus, and save humanity.
56 one hour episodes worth!!
Old 03-13-2020, 09:36 AM

We've been planning an 80 y/o birthday party at our place, for Granddad (father in law) in April.

Maybe 150 people or so, including plenty of Grandpapasan's crew. Meaning a lot of oldsters.

My wife asked "some folks will be worried about a big crowd, should we call it off?"

But I told her "nobody's required to come. Either they show or they don't. Party is on"

So we'll see what happens. Might be big, might be tiny.

Overall, This virus is changing the world. Schools are going Online Only. Obviously, some will not go back. Same with industry.

Remember the Tylenol poisoning murders? Those were nearly 40 years ago. But we are STILL using the tamper-proof packaging that was implemented at that time.

This is the 9/11 of viral infections. A societal re-set.

Btw, note that the Anti-Vaxxer crowd is laying pretty low right now.
Old 03-13-2020, 04:09 PM

Quote:
We've been planning an 80 y/o birthday party at our place, for Granddad (father in law) in April.
Personally, I would throw him a big bash for his 81st.
Old 03-13-2020, 04:18 PM

I'd be surprised if as many as 25 peeps showed up at his Bday party.

This "rager" is going to look like an office birthday held in the break room.
Old 03-13-2020, 04:44 PM

More law abiding gun owners? Nothing wrong with that.

As an Asian myself (Chinese Naturalized), I've faced racism all my life, even in the Marines. It happens. There's knuckleheads in ever bunch. They're entitled to their opinions as I am mine. Don't bother me at all.

If anyone attacks me or my family however, they will REGRET it. Period.
Old 03-13-2020, 11:21 PM

So these wackos are attacking all Asian people just because the virus started in a country that Asian people live in? That is impossible to wrap your head around.

Some of the craziest things have been going on. And why are people buying every roll of toilet paper that they can get their hands on?
Old 03-18-2020, 03:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsk View Post
Look at the bright side. People are finally starting to wash their hands more often.
I discovered years ago that the Head of HR at our company (A VP level slot) did not routinely wash his hands after peeing.

I happened to be doing the same thing and watched him.

I made sure to never shake his hand for ANY reason.
Old 03-18-2020, 04:25 PM

Most doctors don't wash their hands btwn patients. I have had to tell more than I can count since 2007 when I did my first gig with chemo, "if you are going to touch my face, please wash your hands or wear examination gloves" - ya think!

(My Hematologist is about the only one who consistently uses the hand sanitize before an examination).
Ekeibolon - Jeff Cooper