Old 02-27-2020, 09:29 PM

Computer needs help.

Picture would not post. Trying again.
Attached Thumbnails
Old pictures 3856.JPG  
Old 03-08-2020, 12:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCfromNY View Post
I'm having a discussion with a friend who does not like revolvers unless they are 5" ones. I will admit I am not great with them I did shoot a 625 in USPSA a couple of times with less than great results. Anyway I suggested for casual shooting having the same frame, N frame he should not be much more uncomfortable with a 3" than a 5" plus it gives him a more comfortable carry. Comments.
Comfort while carrying is not always a priority. Folks who only shoot at the range, the only carrying is from the truck to the bench. For folks that hunt, a longer sight radius, increased velocity and lessened recoil makes for more accuracy. Same goes for folks that just shoot paper. By the time most folks are ready to shoot competition, they do not need suggestions as what they should shoot.

Just because something works for you and your intentions and scenarios, does not make it the "best for all". I have L-Frames in barrel lengths from 4" to 6". The one most folks prefer to shoot at the range is the 6". I myself like the looks of the 5", but still, I shoot the 6" better. My N-Frames are 4" to 7 5/8". Guess which one is my dedicated hunting N-Frame and which one folks prefer to shoot the most at the range, because of being the most pleasant to shoot along with being the most accurate. Comes down to what your priorities are.
Old 03-09-2020, 09:03 AM

Spent several seasons working in the Wyoming Range W of Bondurant at a hunting camp in the early part of this century. Took two handguns to Camp; a 3" S&W 8 shot 317-1 .22LR AirLite Kit Gun and a 5" Model 29. If you only shoot at the range and don't tote those guns around a bunch(and use and shoot them in the field) it's pretty hard to figure what is truly practical for your requirements. We prefer 3" to 5" barrels for most field use with 5 inchers getting the nod in larger calibers. As we've gotten more beaten up with age, we reluctantly semi-retired our beloved 29s and now tote a Guncrafter NN 5" 1911 in 10mm afield in bear country. The 10mm 1911 is now more affective in our hands than the .44 Mag. revolvers; getting older is tough but you've gotta be realistic.
People need to be periodically reminded that guns are just tools and that their resale value is your children's problem.
Old 03-21-2020, 10:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DR505 View Post
I have a couple of 3 Model 657 .41 Magnums that I occasionally carry in a Milt Sparks PMK. Loaded up some nice 250 grain SWCs that are accurate and hard hitting.

I also like my 4, 5, 6, and 6 1/2 N frames in various calibers.
If I had a 3" 657 I'd carry it too...

Heck, I might carry an Officer size 1911 as backup for it!
Old 03-21-2020, 10:19 PM

I mainly shoot 5.5”, 6”, 6.5”, 7.5” barrels in all magnum calibers. I shoulder holster these magnum revolvers too. I have a security six in 357 with a 2 3/4” barrel. It’s a great revolver but with hotter loads it’s rough on me. I hated shorter barrels. Until I shot a s&w n frame m58 in 41 mag, federal 210gr jhp. Let the love begin. Wow what a well balanced piece of machinery. The power to weight ratio is spot on.

Gun Safety never sleeps or takes a day off, be safe do it right......