Asian-Americans Terrified of Coronavirus Backlash Stock Up on Guns - Page 2 - 1911Forum
1911Forum
Advertise Here
Forum   Reviews   Rules   Legal   Site Supporters & Donations   Advertise

Go Back   1911Forum > >

Notices

Old 03-07-2020, 08:45 AM

I heard Budweiser was offering the CDC $15B to rename it "Bud Lite Virus"......
Old 03-07-2020, 09:52 AM

I can't see this being a huge problem in these United States, but maybe I am looking through rose tinted glasses. There will always be "incidents" that can be made to look like a widespread issue by the media. Especially when incomes to pushing the "racist America" hot button.

I fully support people of Asian descent buying more firearms. Or anyone else, for that matter.

Maybe it is partly the looming election where one party is running candidates totally admitting they are out to destroy the Second?
Old 03-07-2020, 10:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by scubadad View Post
We have a lot of asian college students that frequent the local range to "play guns". It is bad when the range has signs in chinese saying NO SELFIES.
The range I go to would set up a photo booth and charge a fee! They always jump at the opportunity to make more money
Old 03-07-2020, 10:24 AM

Doing my best to srereotype, perhaps Asian descented Americans have a better understanding of history than the average Brooke. They remember the historical evils of communism, see who the Democrat candidates have been narrowed down to and put it in perspective with a former Democrat/Progressive hero that rounded up Asian Americans into concentration camps during WW2. Too bad the majority of those born in the USA, multi-generationally only know history beginning at their teenage years and/or have been thoroughly brainwashed by the mainstream media and University dogma cloaked in bogus science and social engineering.

I'm heading to my safe space now.

Last edited by DaveVK; 03-07-2020 at 10:26 AM.
Old 03-07-2020, 10:25 AM

The article is in the left-wing Democrat dailybeast and refers to the gun control publication the trace.
Basic propaganda stirring up trouble.

No credibility .
Old 03-07-2020, 10:34 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveVK View Post
Doing my best to srereotype, perhaps Asian descented Americans have a better understanding of history than the average Brooke. They remember the historical evils of communism, see who the Democrat candidates have been narrowed down to and put it in perspective with a former Democrat/Progressive hero that rounded up Asian Americans into concentration camps during WW2. Too bad the majority of those born in the USA, multi-generationally only know history beginning at their teenage years and/or have been thoroughly brainwashed by the mainstream media and University dogma cloaked in bogus science and social engineering.

I'm heading to my safe space now.
In most Asian countries like China, Korea, and Japan private citizens are not allowed to own firearms, period. Unfortunately they have become so accustomed to the idea that only police, soldiers, actors and criminals would want a gun that they bring that same mindset here when they come to the USA. At the same time however they're just as fascinated with guns as the rest of us are. I've seen plenty of posts on China's Weibo (their version of Facebook) where young people went to a gun range overseas and posed with firearms. The novelty of handling a gun and taking a selfie with it is prevalent enough that a lot of ranges have had to post warnings about not doing so on the firing line, as has been mentioned earlier. I keep hoping that more of these folks will understand the meaning of the Second Amendment and the benefits of gun ownership, but it is hard when they were raised with the mindset that ordinary people are not supposed to have them.
Avoid the temptation to replace everything on your brand-new 1911 just to make it "better". Know what you're changing out and why. You may spend a lot of money fixing things that weren't broken to begin with. Shoot at least 500 rounds through it first, then decide what you don't like and want to improve. Regarding vintage 1911s, pre-1970 pistols are highly collectible in original, unaltered condition and should NEVER be refinished or modified as it completely ruins their monetary value.
Old 03-07-2020, 11:08 AM

in the San Francisco Bay area, elderly Chinese are often assaulted, robbed, beaten by street thugs, sometimes in broad daylight, they have been doing this way before the Coronavirus situation

they also have been doing home invasions targeting asian people

https://sanfrancisco.cbslocal.com/20...cos-chinatown/
Old 03-07-2020, 11:20 AM

I'm basically an "honorary Asian" as I've been married to a Laotian / Vietnamese woman for 25 years. My social circle has become, predominantly, Asian. Not just Southeast, but Chinese & Korean as well. So I do have some insight on a few things mentioned here.

There's currently "panic buying" of white rice in particular, at the Asian markets here in San Diego. They are sold out. My wife was lucky to score a 25 Pounder yesterday when the truck arrived. But I saw no panic buying at my local US chain supermarket.

Again, Asian immigrants have a better understanding of history, and hardship, than US-Born folks. My wife starved in a refugee camp for years. While suffering from tuberculosis. It was a tough time. Meanwhile, I was eating poptarts & watching TV in the US.

Btw, New wells were always being dug in the refugee camp because distraught people would often commit suicide, throwing themselves down the well. And previously, in Laos, one could not stray (or play) in untraveled areas because of mines.

And many her folk's friends that helped the US in the war were not protected. They were sent to Re Education camps by the Communists. I went to a funeral recently of one of my father in-law's friends. A nice guy. He used to play cards at the parties we go to. Anyhow, I didn't know until I read the funeral "info card" that he had been in a re education camp for many years after the war.

Eventually he had been released and immigrated to the US where he found his family again. But his wife was remarried and his kids did not know him. He accepted this, and the occasional slurs cast at him by American servicemen at the shop he owned near Miramar Navy / Marine base.

I can't imagine how much that must have stung! He had served us and paid a horrible price for it. Then, as a reward, was called Zipperhead and Charlie by young soldiers.So these folks, in general, know first hand how society can collapse & how death violence can come to your door.

On banks, yes, many immigrants do not trust banks. Only with great effort and after a burglary were we able to convince the in-laws to use the bank. Note that much of their money, hoarded & concealed inside bamboo walls in their camp shack had been lost. Chewed to pieces by termites!

Many of these folks have suffered on a level that most US born people cannot relate to. And NONE of the ones I have spoken to about guns are Anti. They GET it.

Funny thing: Before we married I told my wife I had guns. Had to make sure she was okay with this. Upon seeing my "arsenal" she scoffed. Saying "people in my village had REAL GUNS. Not little play toys like these"

Perspective!

Last edited by magazineman; 03-07-2020 at 11:23 AM.
Old 03-07-2020, 12:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Auto Blaster View Post
The range I go to would set up a photo booth and charge a fee! They always jump at the opportunity to make more money
Smart way of making money while keeping people safe.

There’s an indoors range in Upper Marlboro, Maryland that did the same thing.
Old 03-07-2020, 12:27 PM

I believe every law abiding American citizen should be armed and able to defend themselves if they choose to be. The dishonest media is purposely using this virus to scare people for political reasons. There are many violent unstable people who are easily motivated and triggered by most anything and this virus has a few of them acting very irrational. Heck some of them go bat crap crazy over a red hat.

I am always glad to hear about new gun owners and hope they will learn to use their guns safely and properly. I hope that they come to the conclusion that they prefer to be armed and don’t want to be disarmed by the government.
Old 03-07-2020, 01:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OttoLoader View Post
The article is in the left-wing Democrat dailybeast and refers to the gun control publication the trace.
Basic propaganda stirring up trouble.

No credibility .
Yes, the Dailybeast is a leftist media source which is why I was skeptical of the story at first when I posted the thread. But some of the anecdotal evidence here from other members and other media sources (conservative) indicates that there is a pick up in sales.

Coronavirus fears drive ammo sales spike in US, company says

Quote:
"We know certain things impact ammo sales, mostly political events or economic instability when people feel their rights may end up infringed, but this is our first experience with a virus leading to such a boost in sales,” Alex Horsman, marketing manager at Ammo.com, said in a statement.
BTW, the Japanese Tweeter world is making fun of us Yankees... that the "virus" isn't THE ZOMBIE virus, just a respiratory illness!

This is the stuff they have said:

“Do Americans use ammo like how we use toilet paper?”
“Wiping your butt with bullets seems… bad.”
“What do they expect to do with it? Execute people?”
“Americans believe that if there’s a scramble for toilet paper or masks, or if there’s people cutting the line at the hospital, they can put a stop to it by firing a shot in the air.”
“It sounds like they’re preparing for the end of the world.”
“Do they think that the coronavirus turns people into zombies?”
“I think Americans have seen too many zombie movies.”

LOL... I never knew the Japanese to have a sense of humor.
Old 03-07-2020, 04:06 PM
Super Moderator

Buy rice and guns!

Here is a story about some ignorant idiot spraying Fabreeze on an Asian man in a subway train.

https://www.businessinsider.com/nyc-...navirus-2020-3

Last edited by Ricky T; 03-07-2020 at 04:10 PM.
Old 03-07-2020, 05:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pocketshaver View Post
Guess you haven't heard about the south Korean government hunting down the leaders of a death cult in south korea who have had members spreading corona virus all over the region
An ignorant comment if ever there was one. This thread is about Asian AMERICANS.
Old 03-07-2020, 09:07 PM

Starvation and tuberculosis.

[QUOTE=magazineman;13087332 Again, Asian immigrants have a better understanding of history, and hardship, than US-Born folks. My wife starved in a refugee camp for years. While suffering from tuberculosis. It was a tough time. Meanwhile, I was eating poptarts & watching TV in the US. [/QUOTE]

Verses eating pop tarts and watching TV. Not really sure which is worse Mag man.
Old 03-07-2020, 09:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Striker2237 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by fnfalman View Post
I’m sure that is the real reason...

It’s more like a good excuse for the men to buy guns and not have the dragon ladies cracking down on them.
This x1000, this is exactly what it is. Asain guys of all varieties love any excuse to buy more weapons, I would know lol!
Remember.....if the ‘reason’ you concoct to justify a new purchase sounds reasonable, it’s no longer an ‘excuse’😂
Old 03-09-2020, 08:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by magazineman View Post
I don't blame them at all. Our country has a unsavory past when it comes to Asians.

Asian workers (mostly Chinese) were considered disposable during the railroad expansion era. Including assigning the most dangerous tasks to them, especially the ones involving explosives. There are (anecdotal) stories of money being saved by the use of shorter fuses than white workers would agree to.

In 1871 500 attackers raided Chinatown in LA, killing 20 Chinese.

Then in 1882 the Chinese Exclusion Act was signed to ban immigration of Chinese workers.

And, of course, Japanese US Citizens were interned during WW2, most losing all they owned, while Germans & Italians were not.

Then in the (later) LA riots, Korean businesses were specifically targeted due in part to long-standing grudges against Asian storekeepers in Black neighborhoods. Only the armed Koreans were safe.

Yeah, I think these gun-buyers have the right idea.
German citizens were interred.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Intern...rman_Americans
Hi Standard Sentinel Deluxe
S&W Model 19
Old 03-09-2020, 09:55 AM

Thanks Riverboys, That's good to know. Though much smaller in number, I see you are correct. Some German & even Italian internment DID happen.

One article I just read while following up on this mentioned our government's tracking ethnicity per the census & other governmental forms.

That's always bothered me. And as we see in this case, it sets the stage for abuse.

I see it this way: Pride in your heritage / ancestry is fine. But the government & public institutions should stay out of it.
Old 03-09-2020, 12:10 PM

Btw, I also don't like news articles that say things like: "1st Hispanic to become Director of......." or similar stuff.

The article should be "new Director appointed........... " and that's that. Done.

What his or her race, height, weight, religious or sexual preferences, or astrological sign is has no relevance. Doesn't matter. So let's not MAKE it matter.
Old 03-09-2020, 12:57 PM

So I wonder, if "Asian Americans" are the problem of the COVID19 Virus spreading, how many Asian Americans are there in Italy?

I'm still in the group that thinks we should be prudent, exercise good hygiene, stay out of crowded areas like airplanes and cruise ships, and if sick, stay home.

Unlike the dumb mass who was supposed to "Self-Quarantine" and took his daughter to a school function anyway.
Old 03-09-2020, 01:56 PM

The virus epicenter has been tracked as to being, most likely, a "Wet Market" in Wuhan China. Wet Markets being public fish, bird, & animal live meat markets, with booths /tents with various vendors..

There's HUGE problems with these markets. Here's a few:

1. Cages of live critters are stacked, each level pooping/peeing/bleeding on the animals below. Then butchered & sold on-site.

2. They are loaded with endangered species. Illegally poached worldwide.

3. And the poached species laws are unenforceable due to "privately raised" endangered species being legal, but indistinguishable from the wild ones. So nobody can get busted.

4. Finally, little political will to permanently shut these markets down. Because the ruling class (politicians) and the rich/powerful are the very folks who like to, and can afford to, eat exotic species. Pangolin (scaled anteater) for example, soon to go extinct because of this crap.

Without a truly international effort to end trade in poached / illegal animal products and shut down Wet Markets and Jungle Meat sales we will continue to have epidemics & probably pandemics from more crossover pathogens. Plus the extinctions well underway currently.

Yeah, yeah, I know it's "Save the critters" Hippie Talk. But in reality it's a problem for all. How are your stocks doing?

This stuff is real & we are paying for our lack of concern BIG TIME.
Old 03-09-2020, 02:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by magazineman View Post
The virus epicenter has been tracked as to being, most likely, a "Wet Market" in Wuhan China. Wet Markets being public fish, bird, & animal live meat markets, with booths /tents with various vendors..

There's HUGE problems with these markets. Here's a few:

1. Cages of live critters are stacked, each level pooping/peeing/bleeding on the animals below. Then butchered & sold on-site.

2. They are loaded with endangered species. Illegally poached worldwide.

3. And the poached species laws are unenforceable due to "privately raised" endangered species being legal, but indistinguishable from the wild ones. So nobody can get busted.

4. Finally, little political will to permanently shut these markets down. Because the ruling class (politicians) and the rich/powerful are the very folks who like to, and can afford to, eat exotic species. Pangolin (scaled anteater) for example, soon to go extinct because of this crap.

Without a truly international effort to end trade in poached / illegal animal products and shut down Wet Markets and Jungle Meat sales we will continue to have epidemics & probably pandemics from more crossover pathogens. Plus the extinctions well underway currently.

Yeah, yeah, I know it's "Save the critters" Hippie Talk. But in reality it's a problem for all. How are your stocks doing?

This stuff is real & we are paying for our lack of concern BIG TIME.
I don't mean to sound prejudicial towards Asians, but the Chinese, Koreans and a few others treat animals destined for human consumption with a complete disregard of humane treatment. I have seen videos of them boiling dogs alive. They believe the adrenaline that is released during their excruciating painful death makes the meat sweeter.
Old 03-09-2020, 04:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason D View Post
This article is nothing but fear mongering.

It's the LA Slimes. They monger fear, and then you line your canary cage with it.
Old 03-10-2020, 09:12 AM

Don't worry my Asian friends here, the CDC is recommending people over 60 and those with health conditions stay home as much as possible...Since I am over 60 (but feel much younger :-)), and am on chemo (but don't feel it much vs previous generations of chemo I've had), I am double identified as a risk candidate, and sooner or latter might be singled out as a potential threat to the public as a possible "carrier".

The +60 demographic just may become the next class of Scapegoat's.

Gotta love the CDC, nothing like exacerbating the panic...Well, I am going to go to the range tomorrow before the CDC orders all ranges to ban 60+ folks from shooting!
Ekeibolon - Jeff Cooper

Last edited by combat auto; 03-10-2020 at 10:30 AM.
Old 03-10-2020, 02:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by combat auto View Post
Don't worry my Asian friends here, the CDC is recommending people over 60 and those with health conditions stay home as much as possible...Since I am over 60 (but feel much younger :-)), and am on chemo (but don't feel it much vs previous generations of chemo I've had), I am double identified as a risk candidate, and sooner or latter might be singled out as a potential threat to the public as a possible "carrier".

The +60 demographic just may become the next class of Scapegoat's.

Gotta love the CDC, nothing like exacerbating the panic...Well, I am going to go to the range tomorrow before the CDC orders all ranges to ban 60+ folks from shooting!
They are going to round us all up and put us all in quarantine. One huge geriatric gulag camp!!!!

I am preparing my 'bug out bag' and making sure I have ample supply of .45 ACP and Metamucil!!!
Old 03-10-2020, 02:36 PM

QUARANTINE IS IN EFFECT!!!

Nobody is allowed to enter, or leave Earth until this plays out.