1911Forum
Advertise Here
Forum   Reviews   Rules   Legal   Site Supporters & Donations   Advertise

Go Back   1911Forum > >

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 03-04-2020, 03:17 PM

Looking for a high end accurate 1911

I'm researching high end 1911's with a focus on accuracy guarantee. I'm impressed with the AccuracyX Pro Plus, anybody have a competing builder?
Old 03-04-2020, 03:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cowboy Bill View Post
I'm researching high end 1911's with a focus on accuracy guarantee. I'm impressed with the AccuracyX Pro Plus, anybody have a competing builder?
Why yes, yes I do. They are called Alchemy Custom Weaponry. High end accuracy at a reasonable price. https://alchemy1911.com/
Old 03-04-2020, 03:21 PM

Don't overlook Les Baer with their accuracy guarantee.
Philippians 4:13
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-04-2020, 04:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZ Desertrat View Post
Don't overlook Les Baer with their accuracy guarantee.
I would go with Accuracy X over Les Baer.
Also look at Rock River Arms and Springfield Custom.

Are you using this for Bullseye? What kind of accuracy are you looking for as well?
Distinguished Pistol #388
Old 03-04-2020, 04:33 PM

*Wilson
*Les Baer
*Nighthawk
*Alchemy

Don't trust Cavery Grips/American Gripz. He WILL rip you off.
All my 1911s are in .45acp. Why? Because no one makes one in .46cal.--Me
The 9mm is a SD cartridge fit only for women and Europeans--Me
Old 03-04-2020, 04:44 PM

Accuracy X
Rock River Arms
Alchemy
Les Baer

NRA Patron Life Member
Old 03-04-2020, 11:27 PM

I would also add Ed Brown to that list.
Old 03-04-2020, 11:54 PM

Alchemy or Les Baer.
Old 03-04-2020, 11:57 PM

Chambers Custom builds very good 1911s.
Old 03-05-2020, 12:36 AM

Quote:
What’s your budget? There’s quite a spread
Old 03-05-2020, 03:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benchrest1 View Post
I would also add Ed Brown to that list.
+1. My Special Forces has been superb!! Definitely my go-to 1911 for making the plate rack my bitch!!
Old 03-05-2020, 07:52 AM

I will respectfully suggest - with NO personal first-hand experience - that there are NO high end inaccurate 1911s?

Heck my Army Pistol team arms room clunker Remington Rand was still more 'accurate' than I was. Going up the scale they only get better and better than most shooters.

"Don't believe everything you read on the internet" - Abraham Lincoln
Old 03-05-2020, 08:07 AM

There are far more "accurate" 1911's than there are 1911 shooters that can make it happen!

The majority of the top end uber accurate 1911's are never ever used in a way that shows that accuracy.

Like paying $4,000 for a 1911 for shooting 8 inch "circles" at 7-20 yards!

But it sure feels good knowing that it can cut X's at 50 yards!

Smiles,
Old 03-05-2020, 08:30 AM

Brown
Wilson
CZ TSO

In that order mechanically in my hands, I can freehand a brown to a little under an inch at 15 yards standing. Wilson's tends to be just behind that, TSO/CMs are about the same but at 50 yards have more deviation vs the brown in particular.

If you want the ultimate you need a true bullseye gun, we have a extremely skilled shooter here by the name of Jaynavyhawk who is the best source of info on this type of gun.
Carry gun:Wilson Carry Comp Custom .45S Pocket carry:on loan Other 1911s:WC Supergrade Accucomp .38, WC BW Opticomp, WC CQB Compact, WC CQB Professional, WC Super Sentinel, WC CQB Elite 9mm, WC EDC X9, WC X9S, Ed Brown SR, NHC Predator II Opticomp, NHC T3 Hardchrome, Kimber Ultra, ATI Tactical, RIA Tactical 10mm, Kimber Ultra Diamond 9mm, Detonics Combat Master MKVI, Colt Centennial .460 Roland
Old 03-05-2020, 08:43 AM

Quote:
Learn from me and stay away from Les Baer.

https://forums.1911forum.com/showthread.php?t=997640
Old 03-05-2020, 09:26 AM

I have never heard of Accuracy X.

Wilson Combat has a 1" guarantee at 25 yards. (Full-Size Pistols)
Old 03-05-2020, 09:58 AM

I own several Brown's, Baers, WC's, NHC's, SACS. My most accurate gun is the one that Rob at Alchemy built for me. It will do 5 shot 3" groups off bags at 100 yds.

I do not have an Accuracy X but their videos seem to support similar performance.
Old 03-05-2020, 10:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Piexcel View Post
Learn from me and stay away from Les Baer.

https://forums.1911forum.com/showthread.php?t=997640
Although I think your particular problem is unfortunate I don't see how your one issue means Baer is the evil incarnate. I wouild think if this were more problematic there would be more instances of former Baer owners speaking out than just you. Way more talk with regards to Dan Wessons galling issues. By the way I have no intention of buying a Baer but it doesn't have anything to do with your unfortunate experience.

Last edited by Dddrees; 03-05-2020 at 10:23 AM.
Old 03-05-2020, 10:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjfitch View Post
There are far more "accurate" 1911's than there are 1911 shooters that can make it happen!
It's a rare person indeed who shoots more accurately than the gun does.

Still, I understand the desire to own a very accurate gun. Nothing wrong with it.
Old 03-05-2020, 10:38 AM

22 1911's in my collection and the most accurate is the LBCC.
Old 03-05-2020, 10:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GunBugBit View Post
It's a rare person indeed who shoots more accurately than the gun does.

Still, I understand the desire to own a very accurate gun. Nothing wrong with it.
That's one of the reasons I purchased more than a few of mine and I'm really not that good. It's just extremely nice to know the gun can whenever I do everything right.
Old 03-05-2020, 10:50 AM

I formerly worked with the then-captain of the Air Force pistol team. I think he described their 1911 individual pistols as all custom-home built by their armorer(s), using hand selected parts. There may also have been rules governing the dimensions and other particular features that were not permitted, but my memory isn't so good on that. For what it's worth, I thought that I'd comment.
Old 03-05-2020, 10:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dddrees View Post
Although I think your particular problem is unfortunate I don't see how your one issue means Baer is the evil incarnate. I wouild think if this were more problematic there would be more instances of former Baer owners speaking out than just you. Way more talk with regards to Dan Wessons galling issues. By the way I have no intention of buying a Baer but it doesn't have anything to do with your unfortunate experience.
Dddrees, my issue goes beyond the pistol. I think the entire staff at Les Baer are terrible at customer service. My phone calls to them were met with refusal and derision. Les Baer has lost my business, and I tell all my friends to stay away from LB.
Old 03-05-2020, 11:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Piexcel View Post
Dddrees, my issue goes beyond the pistol. I think the entire staff at Les Baer are terrible at customer service. My phone calls to them were met with refusal and derision. Les Baer has lost my business, and I tell all my friends to stay away from LB.
I may have missed that in your thread and actually that was part of the reason I responded like I did to your post I wanted to see if there wasn't more.

In fact that was one thing that I had a question about and here again I apologize if I didn't read your initial thread as well as I should have. That being what had you actually done with regards to getting Les Baer to address the issue. It appears you did it's just that a lot of times customers complain but yet do nothing with regards to trying to work with customer support to get the issue addressed. I often speak with supervisors when necessary. Not saying all my encounters are addressed as I might wish but at least I do my part and give them every opportunity to do the right thing. Mistakes do happen and no one is perfect but I do have to do my part as they certainly can't right those things they do not know about. Sometimes that actually requires I speak with a non-flunky in order for them to understand that.

Real sorry to hear about your experience and thanks for expanding on your issue. This in fact is one of the main reasons I choose to go with Wilson Combat. Customer Service is always one of the factors I consider and supposedly they set the standard.
Old 03-05-2020, 12:39 PM

All good suggestions above. If you are looking for an accurate .45 and are willing to think outside the 1911 box, then a CZ 97 with a bushing and a SAO trigger job by Cajun or CZC will run with the big dogs, all for under $2,000.
Otherwise have a pistol built by a true bullseye gunsmith. Bring money and patience. I love Greg Derr’s guns!
Jeff