1911Forum
Advertise Here
Forum   Reviews   Rules   Legal   Site Supporters & Donations   Advertise

Go Back   1911Forum > >

Notices

Old 02-03-2020, 08:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FNHipowerluv View Post
Bushmaster and DPMS weren't exactly the epitome of value and quality towards the end of their life. My PSA that cost half as much as many of Bushmaster and DPMS rifles has things like a milspec buffer tubes, M16 carrier groups, MPI bolt and works every bit as well. Remington was charging for a rollmark instead a rifle.
I guess I wasnít clear with my thought. I was referring to the draw to Anderson and PSA.
Old 02-03-2020, 08:41 AM

There have been a few comments about Remington. Keep in mind, Remington isn’t driving the bus. An investment conglomerate is at the wheel, they have tainted Remington, DPMS and the other companies they control.
Old 02-03-2020, 09:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Faawrenchbender View Post
There have been a few comments about Remington. Keep in mind, Remington isnít driving the bus. An investment conglomerate is at the wheel, they have tainted Remington, DPMS and the other companies they control.
I've heard they've relinquished control of Remington, but the damage is already done and they are still trying to crawl out of bankruptcy. The new owners have the displeasure of having to correct the mistakes made by Cerberus.
Old 02-03-2020, 01:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by USMM guy View Post
Buyouts aside. It only stands to reason that with every gun outfit under the sun making AR type rifles. That some of them would fall by the wayside.
Agreed. I've also thought that about the 1911 market. It's easier to name companies that don't make 1911s than it is to name companies that do. With the everyday shooter going after the plastic 9MMs, you would think that building that many 1911s would also be a losing prop.
Old 02-03-2020, 01:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FNHipowerluv View Post
I've heard they've relinquished control of Remington, but the damage is already done and they are still trying to crawl out of bankruptcy. The new owners have the displeasure of having to correct the mistakes made by Cerberus.
It went from one investment firm to another at least once and some other shuffling of corporations. Either way, as typical, the investment firms do what they can to extract value from the company rather than profit via actual production, so it's not a healthy investment overall.
Old 02-03-2020, 07:22 PM

In addition to bushmaster and dpms they also killed H&R. Handi rifles have a huge following and just as they were being shut down several mid west states started allowing straight wall calibers for deer hunting.