1911Forum
Advertise Here
Forum   Reviews   Rules   Legal   Site Supporters & Donations   Advertise

Go Back   1911Forum > >

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 01-26-2020, 12:22 PM

It is time to wake up people.

If you are not part of the solution. Then you are most assuredly part of the problem.

https://www.lewrockwell.com/2020/01/...ond-amendment/

https://www.americanpartisan.org/202...ond-amendment/

Last edited by USMM guy; 01-26-2020 at 12:24 PM.
Old 01-26-2020, 05:51 PM

Lazy and asleep at the switch = what we witnessed. Liberals are not our 'countrymen'...they are our enemy.
Old 01-27-2020, 04:22 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by USMM guy View Post
If you are not part of the solution. Then you are most assuredly part of the problem.

https://www.lewrockwell.com/2020/01/...ond-amendment/

https://www.americanpartisan.org/202...ond-amendment/
What’s your plan to fix it? What does “waking up” and “being part of solution” mean? Practically speaking? In droves, conservatives dont want to work tech, the school system, or government.

Without being a part of the education system, the media system, or the governing bodies, we have limited influence.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-27-2020, 05:09 AM

With that attitude, we're already lost.

How about you talk to your friends and family, and turn out every living soul you know to go vote come the day in November?

As for the rest, we need money. Mad, mad amounts of money. Money talks. Look at Bloomberg, he's practically shouting now.

Yes, money would get us influence in the media and tech sectors.

Call me when you're ready to fund a pro 2-A movie or TV show. Until then, turn every soul you can to go vote.
-----------------^--------------
Member NRA, GOA, SAF, VCDL, FL Carry
Old 01-27-2020, 06:02 AM
Banned

Hope and optimism arent strategies. And it isnt an “attitude”. Its point of fact that people who value freedom over security are a shrinking breed, and we are not seeking out modern spheres of influence. The left Is pushing indoctrination to kids and seeking out seats of government. Conservatives need to do the same thing. We have a shot with the generation after the millennials, who realize this garbage doesnt work.

Of course turn out and vote. Of course talk to people about turning out to vote. But be realistic. We are outnumbered. Trump lost the popular vote, remember? The long term solution has to involve conservatives taking positions of government and educating kids and having rational discussions with adults based on merit. The only way for our ideals to win long term is to interrupt the pipeline of new democrat voters schools are churning out and be a part of the policy process.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Grey Hare View Post
With that attitude, we're already lost.

How about you talk to your friends and family, and turn out every living soul you know to go vote come the day in November?

As for the rest, we need money. Mad, mad amounts of money. Money talks. Look at Bloomberg, he's practically shouting now.

Yes, money would get us influence in the media and tech sectors.

Call me when you're ready to fund a pro 2-A movie or TV show. Until then, turn every soul you can to go vote.
Old 01-27-2020, 07:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buccaneer12 View Post
What’s your plan to fix it? What does “waking up” and “being part of solution” mean? Practically speaking? In droves, conservatives dont want to work tech, the school system, or government.

Without being a part of the education system, the media system, or the governing bodies, we have limited influence.
Fair questions. Unfortunately instead of getting an answer you will probably get bashed for not signing on and "being part of the problem".
Old 01-27-2020, 08:07 AM
Adminstrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by HT77 View Post
Quote:

Fair questions. Unfortunately instead of getting an answer you will probably get bashed for not signing on and "being part of the problem".
No he won't be bashed for that. But he did get banned for being a troll. Did you want that too? I can arrange it. If negativity is your schtick and kissing the feet of your "leftist masters" is what you are about, then just leave now and save me the trouble.
Old 01-27-2020, 11:56 AM

Years ago after active duty I did a turn in the NG. Some captain thought it would be cute to make me the retention officer.

Retention dropped. Want to know why? We all have issues with the way things go sometimes, and we all see where things can be improved.

But I had a standard. If you don't want to be part of the team, you're a detriment and need to be gone.

It may quick be coming that time where we entertain the reality of situations we don't want to hear about, but we divest ourselves of the negative influence for the sake of unity.
Old 01-27-2020, 04:40 PM

While I keep a 1911 .45 acp by my bed at night, I just bought a long gun because I think things are going to get worse. I don't think we can hold onto the America we were born in. I think the best we can hope for is a partition of the country...but that will take armed conflict before any negotiations. And in that case, the side that bleeds the most, surrenders.
Old 01-27-2020, 04:59 PM

Armed conflict and prostate exams are both unpleasant, but sometimes necessary.
Old 01-27-2020, 08:29 PM

Don't flag on us now John.

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnireland View Post
While I keep a 1911 .45 acp by my bed at night, I just bought a long gun because I think things are going to get worse. I don't think we can hold onto the America we were born in. I think the best we can hope for is a partition of the country...but that will take armed conflict before any negotiations. And in that case, the side that bleeds the most, surrenders.
If we can not hold onto the America that we were born in. Then we will have to make a better one. You know as well as anyone else here that it will not be easy. But if we all do our part, we can prevail over the communists. Even if we bleed the most, we are still not going to surrender.

Well Well, it appears that the city of Waynesboro has seen the light. A big showdown in Fairfax county tomorrow. It will be interesting to see how that goes over.

Waynesboro passed a sanctuary resolution today. Fairfax county votes tomorrow.

Last edited by USMM guy; 01-27-2020 at 09:23 PM.
Old 01-27-2020, 09:44 PM

Virginia is making some serious moves for 2a.
I'm thrilled with the people fighting back in this way. But we should still be prepared to go another step if, well, when it comes to that point.
Old 01-27-2020, 09:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by USMM guy View Post
If we can not hold onto the America that we were born in. Then we will have to make a better one. You know as well as anyone else here that it will not be easy. But if we all do our part, we can prevail over the communists. Even if we bleed the most, we are still not going to surrender.

Well Well, it appears that the city of Waynesboro has seen the light. A big showdown in Fairfax county tomorrow. It will be interesting to see how that goes over.

Waynesboro passed a sanctuary resolution today. Fairfax county votes tomorrow.

Pls let us know the results of Fairfax County. A win there would be huge.
Agent Orange---the gift that keeps on giving.
Old 01-28-2020, 05:42 AM

As a former resident of Fairfax County I can assure you that it will not become a 2A sanctuary county anytime in the near future. When I moved to Clarke County in 1995, Fairfax had already started to be dominated by leftist Democrats - and is far more so today. My good friends who still live there are totally frustrated. Eric Pratt will speak at the Board of Supervisors and, at best, perhaps educate one or two of its members with regard to what's wrong with the currently proposed gun laws. That's good. The only way to break up this voting block surrounding D.C. is to move several of the federal agencies that are headquartered there to other states. We need a well thought out plan for taking back the counties and the voting districts that surround the beltway - and we don't have one at the present time. If you disagree with me, that's fine. However, I'll put my background and credentials up against any member's here. The first step ought to be getting the various pro-gun organizations to fully cooperate with each other in the effort.
Old 01-28-2020, 06:57 AM

Quote:
... But be realistic. We are outnumbered. Trump lost the popular vote, remember? ...
If winning the popular vote had been his goal, he would have done that, too. Just wait until 2020, where he will win both the electoral votes needed to win the Presidency as well as the popular vote. He will because he can, if he chooses.
Old 01-28-2020, 09:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LW McVay View Post
No he won't be bashed for that. But he did get banned for being a troll. Did you want that too? I can arrange it. If negativity is your schtick and kissing the feet of your "leftist masters" is what you are about, then just leave now and save me the trouble.
Sorry man, but you are not understanding my comments if you in any way think I am for groveling or kissing someone's feet. It's just the opposite. I do want the people who actually support liberty to understand that this is going to be a battle unlike those in the past, that could be won politically.
Old 01-28-2020, 09:33 AM
Adminstrator

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by LW McVay View Post
Sorry man, but you are not understanding my comments if you in any way think I am for groveling or kissing someone's feet. It's just the opposite. I do want the people who actually support liberty to understand that this is going to be a battle unlike those in the past, that could be won politically.
Well, I don't necessarily agree. It is still a political fight, and as long as it remains political, thats the field of battle we engage on. When it ceases to be political and becomes enforcement, the rules of the game change. And if that is the case, so be it. But the Left is not inevitable. Unless we allow it to be.

We know how the story ends.

Lefthanos: "I am inevitable."

Stark Reality: "We are Ironmen."
Old 01-28-2020, 11:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldgunner_43 View Post
As a former resident of Fairfax County I can assure you that it will not become a 2A sanctuary county anytime in the near future. When I moved to Clarke County in 1995, Fairfax had already started to be dominated by leftist Democrats - and is far more so today. My good friends who still live there are totally frustrated. Eric Pratt will speak at the Board of Supervisors and, at best, perhaps educate one or two of its members with regard to what's wrong with the currently proposed gun laws. That's good. The only way to break up this voting block surrounding D.C. is to move several of the federal agencies that are headquartered there to other states. We need a well thought out plan for taking back the counties and the voting districts that surround the beltway - and we don't have one at the present time. If you disagree with me, that's fine. However, I'll put my background and credentials up against any member's here. The first step ought to be getting the various pro-gun organizations to fully cooperate with each other in the effort.

No disagreement from me, gunner. I lived in Fairfax County back in the mid-80's. The "Immigrant invasion" was already well underway.

Sister-in-law lives in Alexandria (Va.)city. Only visit when I absolutely have to. Too depressing for my old soul.
Agent Orange---the gift that keeps on giving.
Old 01-28-2020, 12:01 PM

Virginia politics

Here's a very good article about Virginia's political climate.

[URL="https://www.dailysignal.com/2020/01/27/virginias-recent-extremism-a-warning-sign-for-other-states/?[/URL]
Old 01-28-2020, 12:35 PM

Quote:
Here's a very good article about Virginia's political climate.

[URL="https://www.dailysignal.com/2020/01/27/virginias-recent-extremism-a-warning-sign-for-other-states/?[/URL]
Like a lot of conservatives, he just can't bring himself to admit the root of the problem and the primary reason states are turning.
Old 01-28-2020, 01:38 PM

HT77;

Who's "he"?
Old 01-28-2020, 01:44 PM

Quote:
HT77;

Who's "he"?
The guy who wrote the piece you linked.
Old 01-28-2020, 05:41 PM

OK. What do you think the root of the problem and the primary reason for states turning blue are. You may have already stated these in a previous post, but I missed it.
Old 01-28-2020, 06:05 PM

Quote:
OK. What do you think the root of the problem and the primary reason for states turning blue are. You may have already stated these in a previous post, but I missed it.
Demographic changes brought about primarily by decades of legal and illegal third world immigration are the primary cause. In some cases there might other lesser causes, but that is the big one and the one that cannot be reversed. California was the model. They just got Virginia but several states are on the brink and Texas is within reach. The Great Replacement. Unless there is some type of major reset, one party rule is going to be the future and we know what that means to ALL of our rights including the 2A.
Old 01-28-2020, 06:27 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Demographic changes brought about primarily by decades of legal and illegal third world immigration are the primary cause. In some cases there might other lesser causes, but that is the big one and the one that cannot be reversed. California was the model. They just got Virginia but several states are on the brink and Texas is within reach. The Great Replacement. Unless there is some type of major reset, one party rule is going to be the future and we know what that means to ALL of our rights including the 2A.
I personally believe that indoctrination and take-over of the education system to be communistic to be the primary underlying cause, with the importation and demographics of replacement being the secondary method.

I have changed some minds from those replacement "cultures" on self protection, so as to whether it can be reversed or not remains to be seen if enough of US get active and involved. JMHO.

Army M.P. 1971 - 1972
Wilsons: Several; Kimbers: 10mm (Wilsonized), .38S (Wilson barrel)
Closed Thread