Go Back   1911Forum > >

Notices

Old 01-27-2020, 02:53 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by LW McVay View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buccaneer12 View Post
The rally was impressive, but it wont amount to anything, unfortunately.
Hey Negative Nancy, why don't you just go ahead and turn in your junk and beat it? Americans don't need your kind of lip. That defeatist attitude is absolutely worthless and disgusting beyond belief. Seriously.
Your courage and bravado has an effective radius equal to your reach to the keyboard and not an inch further, buddy. It’s not being negative, it’s being realistic.

Let me help you out, internet warrior. The reality is: VA is a gerrymandered blue state, meaning we will need an absurdly overwhelming response in the ballots to turn the seats back around. The dems that got in this last run RAN on gun control platforms. The people voted consciously for this. So.

Next, suing will amount to zero. The courts are upholding the ability of states to regulate the 2a almost any way they see fit, and VA sits in the 4th circuit. For those of us paying attention, the 4th circuit ruled 10-4 that Marylands gun bans were constitutional and that the 2a is limitable/infringable by the states. Us knowing clear as day thats wrong doesnt change the courts opinion. The supreme court in term refused to hear the appeal from the 4th, so the ruling from 4th circuit stands as law of the land. The SC has been steadily refusing to hear 2a interpretation cases for years.

This has to be won in phases at the federal level to start with changing of judge seats in 4th circuit; then subsequently get the SC to rule decisively in a 2a case (heller was not), or sweeping legislation at the federal level.

You can be mad at me all you want. A sobered look at your position will make your path clear and show you the validity of what im saying. Short term our best hope is overwhelming support at next state elections, and the rest must follow for it to stick.
Old 01-27-2020, 03:57 AM

Quote:
Your courage and bravado has an effective radius equal to your reach to the keyboard and not an inch further, buddy.

<snip>
Ooh, careful there, Buc. You may be labeled a "trolling sh*t stirrer" and banned.
Old 01-27-2020, 04:03 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flight Medic View Post
Quote:
Your courage and bravado has an effective radius equal to your reach to the keyboard and not an inch further, buddy.

<snip>
Ooh, careful there, Buc. You may be labeled a "trolling sh*t stirrer" and banned. [IMG class=inlineimg]https://forums.1911forum.com/images/smilies/biggrin.gif[/IMG]
Direct challenge to authority has a way of shining a light on a man and revealing insecurities where they exist. I suspect based on his original post, we’ll see them in spades shortly. It will start with what logic calls ‘arguments of authority’ and transition to some mode of ‘who do you think you are’.

In his defense, women and grandchildren love hearing a man’s tales of adventure and conquest, and a ‘banning’ is probably as good as it gets.

On topic the protest was good. I should clarify it wont amount to much in the near term as far stopping the policy push in Richmond. Hopefully in the long term it starts changes at the ballots as ‘causes elections with consequences’

Last edited by Buccaneer12; 01-27-2020 at 06:03 AM.
Old 01-27-2020, 07:17 AM
Adminstrator

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
The rally was impressive, but it wont amount to anything, unfortunately.
Hey Negative Nancy, why don't you just go ahead and turn in your junk and beat it? Americans don't need your kind of lip. That defeatist attitude is absolutely worthless and disgusting beyond belief. Seriously.
Your courage and bravado has an effective radius equal to your reach to the keyboard and not an inch further, buddy. It’s not being negative, it’s being realistic.

Let me help you out, internet warrior. The reality is: VA is a gerrymandered blue state, meaning we will need an absurdly overwhelming response in the ballots to turn the seats back around. The dems that got in this last run RAN on gun control platforms. The people voted consciously for this. So.

Next, suing will amount to zero. The courts are upholding the ability of states to regulate the 2a almost any way they see fit, and VA sits in the 4th circuit. For those of us paying attention, the 4th circuit ruled 10-4 that Marylands gun bans were constitutional and that the 2a is limitable/infringable by the states. Us knowing clear as day thats wrong doesnt change the courts opinion. The supreme court in term refused to hear the appeal from the 4th, so the ruling from 4th circuit stands as law of the land. The SC has been steadily refusing to hear 2a interpretation cases for years.

This has to be won in phases at the federal level to start with changing of judge seats in 4th circuit; then subsequently get the SC to rule decisively in a 2a case (heller was not), or sweeping legislation at the federal level.

You can be mad at me all you want. A sobered look at your position will make your path clear and show you the validity of what im saying. Short term our best hope is overwhelming support at next state elections, and the rest must follow for it to stick.
I think you would make an excellent MSNBC talking head. Later defeatist. I've zero regard or time for Democrats like you.
Old 01-27-2020, 07:19 AM
Adminstrator

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

<snip>
Ooh, careful there, Buc. You may be labeled a "trolling sh*t stirrer" and banned. [IMG class=inlineimg]https://forums.1911forum.com/images/smilies/biggrin.gif[/IMG]
Direct challenge to authority has a way of shining a light on a man and revealing insecurities where they exist. I suspect based on his original post, we’ll see them in spades shortly. It will start with what logic calls ‘arguments of authority’ and transition to some mode of ‘who do you think you are’.

In his defense, women and grandchildren love hearing a man’s tales of adventure and conquest, and a ‘banning’ is probably as good as it gets.

On topic the protest was good. I should clarify it wont amount to much in the near term as far stopping the policy push in Richmond. Hopefully in the long term it starts changes at the ballots as ‘causes elections with consequences’
Nancy.
Old 01-27-2020, 07:19 AM
Adminstrator

Quote:
Quote:

<snip>
Uh, truth does hurt.
Old 01-27-2020, 08:18 AM

+1

Seems we are getting infiltrated by a lot of these clowns lately - guess the VA rally got them shaken-up. They all have one thing in common, "2A is doomed, nothing will change", a form of "voter"-suppression.
Ekeibolon - Jeff Cooper
Old 01-27-2020, 08:51 AM
Adminstrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by combat auto View Post
+1

Seems we are getting infiltrated by a lot of these clowns lately - guess the VA rally got them shaken-up. They all have one thing in common, "2A is doomed, nothing will change", a form of "voter"-suppression.
Indeed. It's a sickening philosophy to me. One of defeat. One of no hope. And very very un-American. I would suggest anyone sitting on that fence, a visit through a national cemetery and a stroll amongst men that gave it their all. Maybe a historical reading or two of past battles fought to ensure our rights and our way of life.

No sir. The 1911Forum will NOT become a bastion for losers as long as I'm a part of it. Plenty of other places to go and suck your thumb(s). But not here. Not now.
Old 01-27-2020, 09:41 AM

Quote:
[snip]...

I'm not an internet troll, and not a leftist. I'm a flesh and blood voter who lives in VA. I've lived in Virginia since 1992, and I've seen quite a few changes since then. I'm going to agree with the above, but with a caveat. There are certain gerrymandered VA districts where the Democrat ran unopposed in this last election. At the very least, an opposition candidate can be put forward. In other districts, the 2A and pro-life base could very well be energized by what's going on right now.

The current Governor ran against an unlikeable establishment type who was beaten through slick lefty advertising and an apathetic turnout. At the very least, a more forthright opposition candidate can be found for the next time. And this is the part that @Buccaneer12 left out. Having a Governor who is unwilling to sign bad bills into law would be a good start back to sanity.

Finally, the 4th Circuit needs to change, and that'll take time and a President (like the current one) who has the courage to find and appoint strong constructionists and Constitutional defenders. This may be accomplished by re-electing the current President.

But, all of this hinges on voters at the end of the day.
Old 01-27-2020, 10:25 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
+1

Almost a given that it will happen as far as these clowns lately - it is a general election year, and each of the past few election cycles we've seen an increase of them here.

Army M.P. 1971 - 1972
Wilsons: Several; Kimbers: 10mm (Wilsonized), .38S (Wilson barrel)
Old 01-27-2020, 10:44 AM
Adminstrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grandpas50AE View Post
Almost a given that it will happen as far as these clowns lately - it is a general election year, and each of the past few election cycles we've seen an increase of them here.
Yep. Very Russian in fact. OR should I say communistic? Psyops campaigns.
Old 01-27-2020, 12:17 PM

This is one thing that is working in our favor

Quote:
Originally Posted by phil_gretz View Post
The current Governor ran against an unlikeable establishment type who was beaten through slick lefty advertising and an apathetic turnout. At the very least, a more forthright opposition candidate can be found for the next time. And this is the part that @Buccaneer12 left out. Having a Governor who is unwilling to sign bad bills into law would be a good start back to sanity.
But, all of this hinges on voters at the end of the day.
Our current poor excuse for a governor is doing a really good job. Of making sure that the next one will be a republican, and a good one at that. I just wish that the newsbots would quit going on about how this Bozo has survived his blackface scandal. He has not, and he will not. And he knows it. That is why he is seeking to curry favor with Boomberg.
Old 01-27-2020, 12:29 PM

Quote:
I think you would make an excellent MSNBC talking head. Later defeatist. I've zero regard or time for Democrats like you.
Last thing we need is more negative nancys. We all know the stakes we know what we are up against. We will keep a positive attitude no matter what.

Think back to the beginning. The colonists stood up to the most powerful army/navy in the world. They could have given up in the face of a superior force but they didn't. They gave the king the finger and said bring it on. Thats what we need to do to the dems. I know we are all united on this.

Donate to the NRA, GOA, volunteer to help out with your local campaigns and then VOTE.
Old 01-27-2020, 01:09 PM

Quote:
Quote:
+1

Indeed. It's a sickening philosophy to me. One of defeat. One of no hope. And very very un-American. I would suggest anyone sitting on that fence, a visit through a national cemetery and a stroll amongst men that gave it their all. Maybe a historical reading or two of past battles fought to ensure our rights and our way of life.

No sir. The 1911Forum will NOT become a bastion for losers as long as I'm a part of it. Plenty of other places to go and suck your thumb(s). But not here. Not now.
. I concur! If they want trolling banter get to Facebook. Lots of **** there to stir! The pot here don't need stirring.
Old 01-27-2020, 02:36 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by scubadad View Post
Last thing we need is more negative nancys. We all know the stakes we know what we are up against. We will keep a positive attitude no matter what.
Negativity, defeatism, disillusion, distraction, and deception are the devil's own tools, to rob you of your God-given blessings of sound resolve, clear spirit, and individual liberties.

Army M.P. 1971 - 1972
Wilsons: Several; Kimbers: 10mm (Wilsonized), .38S (Wilson barrel)
Old 01-27-2020, 02:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by USMM guy View Post
Our current poor excuse for a governor is doing a really good job. Of making sure that the next one will be a republican, and a good one at that. I just wish that the newsbots would quit going on about how this Bozo has survived his blackface scandal. He has not, and he will not. And he knows it. That is why he is seeking to curry favor with Boomberg.
There is a bill out there, I forget the exact language and bill #, but would elect the governor by districts rather than popular vote as it is now.

That would guarantee a Democrat victory.

We are focusing on the 2A bills and not enough of the voting changes they are going to pass, along with the 2020 census Gerrymandering.

They will have tightened their hold on the GA by 2021.

Sad thing is none of this is constitutional, but the 4th circus says it is and Roberts keeps kicking the can down the road.
Old 01-27-2020, 05:13 PM

I was born in Virginia a long time (59+ years) ago as a Naval brat.

Except for a few short times I have lived here my entire life.
Even have a pile of degrees from VPI.
Never did apply for my Masters in EE.
Was to busy on my PhD.

The blue invasion from Arlington, Alexandria, and Eastern Fairfax County has
been fed by the 'permanent beaurocracy' in Washingtoon, DC expanding.
Plenty of them in Maryland also.
Note even Maryland has red areas on the far East and West.

This is going to be a protracted fight to try and limit the leftwards
swing in the state.
Our present Black face Klan governor is a true Dumbocrat tool.

I live in Culpeper now.
Out sheriff (Scott H. Jenkins) has threatened to start creating 'Auxiliary Deputies' all over the state in response to the legislatures recent actions.

A background check, a few hours in a classroom.
I will try and sign up as soon as he sets things up.
I will even pay a fee to help defray costs.
And being on SSDI money is a lot more precious than it used to be.
Old 01-27-2020, 05:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bad2006z71 View Post
LOL, no. No way Roberts doesn't side with the liberals on RFL.
The State Supreme Court will be less than happy with this kind of Bovine Scatology.
The overall judicial system in Virginia is decidedly right of center.
Old 01-27-2020, 06:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by brickeyee View Post
I was born in Virginia a long time (59+ years) ago as a Naval brat.

Except for a few short times I have lived here my entire life.

Even have a pile of degrees from VPI.

Never did apply for my Masters in EE.

Was to busy on my PhD.

The blue invasion from Arlington, Alexandria, and Eastern Fairfax County has

been fed by the 'permanent beaurocracy' in Washingtoon, DC expanding.

Plenty of them in Maryland also.

Note even Maryland has red areas on the far East and West.

This is going to be a protracted fight to try and limit the leftwards

swing in the state.

Our present Black face Klan governor is a true Dumbocrat tool.

I live in Culpeper now.

Out sheriff (Scott H. Jenkins) has threatened to start creating 'Auxiliary Deputies' all over the state in response to the legislatures recent actions.

A background check, a few hours in a classroom.

I will try and sign up as soon as he sets things up.

I will even pay a fee to help defray costs.

And being on SSDI money is a lot more precious than it used to be.

Howdy neighbor, I’m in Orange.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 01-27-2020, 08:24 PM

This certainly bears scrutiny and consideration.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bad2006z71 View Post
There is a bill out there, I forget the exact language and bill #, but would elect the governor by districts rather than popular vote as it is now.

That would guarantee a Democrat victory.

We are focusing on the 2A bills and not enough of the voting changes they are going to pass, along with the 2020 census Gerrymandering.

They will have tightened their hold on the GA by 2021.

Sad thing is none of this is constitutional, but the 4th circus says it is and Roberts keeps kicking the can down the road.
But I am not so sure how many Democrats are really going to go all in on this. We will certainly have a pretty good idea in fairly short order.

However it should also be considered that while any number of people take all of the sanctuary declarations lightly. I think that the prudent amongst them would be wise to consider otherwise. Sure anyone can say that these resolutions have not the force of law. They would be wise to consider that there are higher laws than any man ever wrote.

Likewise secession is ridiculed, but I would not rule that out completely either. Point of fact is that if push comes to shove. They will attempt to hide behind whoever they can. But that may not see them through it all. I submit that they do not have the wherewithal to really cross the Rubicon. They might attempt to draw us out to commit foolish acts in order to justify repression. But that will fail as there are too many people watching.

Additionally the Good Sherriff of Culpepper county has indicated widespread deputizing for that county. Tazewell county has essentially already done so. Currently in my own county of Floyd. We are examining the militia issue itself.

I am sure that all of the usual doom and gloom bed wetters will be along shortly to tell me why I am all wrong. But I will get over it.
Old 01-28-2020, 07:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by USMM guy View Post
But I am not so sure how many Democrats are really going to go all in on this. We will certainly have a pretty good idea in fairly short order.

However it should also be considered that while any number of people take all of the sanctuary declarations lightly. I think that the prudent amongst them would be wise to consider otherwise. Sure anyone can say that these resolutions have not the force of law. They would be wise to consider that there are higher laws than any man ever wrote.

Likewise secession is ridiculed, but I would not rule that out completely either. Point of fact is that if push comes to shove. They will attempt to hide behind whoever they can. But that may not see them through it all. I submit that they do not have the wherewithal to really cross the Rubicon. They might attempt to draw us out to commit foolish acts in order to justify repression. But that will fail as there are too many people watching.

Additionally the Good Sherriff of Culpepper county has indicated widespread deputizing for that county. Tazewell county has essentially already done so. Currently in my own county of Floyd. We are examining the militia issue itself.

I am sure that all of the usual doom and gloom bed wetters will be along shortly to tell me why I am all wrong. But I will get over it.
As to 2A stuff, most Dems are going to toe the line. There are a couple in the Senate, I have read, that aren't happy with the language of the AWB's. Not necessarily banning the items, but implementation of how to do so. We lost a lot of Reagan/Blue dog dems. The majority of them now are far far to the left.

As to the Voting bills, every single Dem will vote to gain more power. They play the game at astro physics level while the GOP is hovering somewhere around drooling retard attempting checkers.

We will have to see if voter anger will carry over to 2021 and not back into voter apathy. We will also have to see if the Va GOP is truly happy with their piece of the power pie or are willing to fight.

Unfortunately, history has probably given us the answer to those 2 questions. No matter what, we must fight them at all levels.
Old 01-28-2020, 07:25 AM
Adminstrator

It is important to note here that while "Party" does play a role, it does NOT dictate. And when the "Party" leaves the will of the voters, to hell with it. We drag the Party back even if its kicking and screaming. And if it refuses, we break loose of the moorings and we do as needed per the Declaration of Independence. Parties should never dictate to the people else you get the Soviet Union and/or Nazi Germany AKA "The Party".

This country was not born easily and will not be maintained easily. So be it.
Old 01-28-2020, 07:30 AM

Is there a local Virginia group that can use donations to fight this thing? I already donate to the NRA and the NJ group. I am willing to support my brothers in VA just tell me where to send the check.

My wife once asked why I send money to NJ. First I grew up there and second we need to look past our local borders and send reinforcements to other states to stop the lunacy from spreading.

Your state may be pro 2a today but look how fast VA went down. We can't expect the NRA to do it all.
Old 01-28-2020, 07:34 AM
Adminstrator

Vcdl.org
Old 01-28-2020, 07:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by scubadad View Post
Is there a local Virginia group that can use donations to fight this thing? I already donate to the NRA and the NJ group. I am willing to support my brothers in VA just tell me where to send the check.

My wife once asked why I send money to NJ. First I grew up there and second we need to look past our local borders and send reinforcements to other states to stop the lunacy from spreading.

Your state may be pro 2a today but look how fast VA went down. We can't expect the NRA to do it all.
First, thanks for your NJ donations, we are on the door-step of big things with our carry suite literally on the SC's desk, and our 10R limit suite going through the 3rd circuit a second time which is now Flipped Republican by the Best-President of all time, President-Trump!..I joined the VCDL and gave an additional $100 for the same reason. United we stand divided we fall.

Yes Sir, the National-2A community finally get's it, no state is safe, not so long ago there was still too much "it can't happen here" attitude. So sometimes a positive comes out of evil intentions of our enemies.
Ekeibolon - Jeff Cooper

Last edited by combat auto; 01-28-2020 at 07:51 AM.