Tulsa, OK Wanenmacher's Tulsa Arms Show - 1911Forum
1911Forum
Advertise Here
Forum   Reviews   Rules   Legal   Site Supporters & Donations   Advertise

Go Back   1911Forum > >

Notices

Old 01-18-2020, 10:13 AM

Tulsa, OK Wanenmacher's Tulsa Arms Show

I am thinking about attending this show this year (April 4,5).

Who has been to this show before and do you recommend it?

I am about 9 hours away.
Old 01-18-2020, 11:14 AM

Make you hotel reservations a year in advance, wear sturdy comfortable shoes, and spend both days enjoying the best gun show you ever attended.
Old 01-18-2020, 11:26 AM

We have "camped" in the adjacent lot a couple of times within walking distance of the entrance...The show is truly AWSUM; take comfortable shoes and plenty of money.
People need to be periodically reminded that guns are just tools and that their resale value is your children's problem.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-18-2020, 11:30 AM

I concur with the responses given....will add....do NOT pass up something you want...telling yourself you will come back for it...after you look at everything else....it will be gone....or you will never find it again
Old 01-18-2020, 12:09 PM

Can you purchase several firearms in one day in OK? (Not familiar with gun laws there)
Old 01-18-2020, 01:40 PM

Its the Super Bowl of gun shows. More than you can see in one day. Also take a pen a pad so you can write down isle numbers in case you want to come back to something.
Old 01-18-2020, 10:21 PM

It's only a half hour drive for me. I went to both shows every year for many years, but I haven't been to since 2010. Too much stuff crammed into the building, aisles are crowded to the point where it's really tough to shop for anything in parts of the show. A lot of my friends still attend and they assure me it hasn't gotten any better.

In spite of everything I just said above, if you've never been to the Tulsa show, you should make it a point to see it at least once. There's nothing else like it anywhere.
Old 01-18-2020, 11:25 PM
Super Moderator

I have attended big Wannamacher show spring and fall for at least the last 20 years. I've shared a table there with a shooting buddy for at least a dozen years. I think it's a great gun show, but then it's the only big one I attend. The rest are all small local shows. We always make our hotel reservations for the next show when we check out from the current one.

NRA Life Member
Old 01-19-2020, 06:21 AM

I go every spring. I remember walking in the door the first time, stopping and just sucking in just how freaking huge this thing is. It's the Super Bowl of gun shows. You will have to ship handguns to a ffl at home if your out of state. Otherwise buy as many long guns as you want. No restrictions...Lots of famous faces will be there if your looking.
Old 02-23-2020, 06:06 AM

Went to the show back in 2014, what a day! If what you are looking for is not there, then it's really hard to find anywhere. Cash talks, so bring some. It's an overwhelming gun show for sure. So many tables/vendors it's hard to keep track of what you want, the prices, cool stuff you never saw before, etc etc etc

I agree with the comfortable shoes, make sure you are ready for some walking. If you tend to use pain meds (Motrin, ibuprofen) bring some or take a dose before you get started. A backpack of sorts would be good if you are going to be buying anything. Bring your own food/water if you want, it's easier than waiting in line. Your call there.
Old 02-24-2020, 05:01 PM

I have been down there several times in the last few years. I was just down there last fall and had another great time. As far as hotel rooms I have never had any problems. I just go to priceline or some other hotel booking web page and have always got my room. The closer you get to show time the prices of the rooms will go up though.
I also would recommend good walking shoes, Sat. of this year I walked 7 miles and on Sun. it was only 6.5 miles.
I always though that the first time was the best, everything you would ever want to see.
Go and have a great time.
Old 03-15-2020, 02:57 PM

The April show for 2020 is canceled because of the corona virus.
Old 05-05-2020, 07:50 PM

Hoping to get the Nov show in