California Adopts Broadest US Rules for Seizing Guns - Page 4 - 1911Forum
1911Forum
Advertise Here
Forum   Reviews   Rules   Legal   Site Supporters & Donations   Advertise

Go Back   1911Forum > >

Notices

Old 10-17-2019, 07:23 AM

Turn about is fair play

Does the new California law allow California citizens to file for restraining law makers from having guns? They are obviously unstable. And come to think of it, anyone in their employ who has a gun, like a bodyguard, obviously supports and believes the delusional views of the lawmakers so they should be disarmed as well. And the people who employ and provide those contracted bodyguards, if they are not direct employees of the lawmaker, then those people in those companies share in the delusional views of the lawmaker and obviously are untrustworthy and quite possibly and armed public threat. Better cease all their guns as well.

As long as California has passed into law this slippery slope. May as well use it!
Old 10-18-2019, 01:49 PM

On the upside!

The savior of Sacramento just signed a new law that allows people to eat road kill. How progressive! Some enterprising individual will no doubt start a new restaurant chain
Old 10-19-2019, 10:53 AM

Having lived in California my entire life and having been a hunter and firearms enthusiast and a gun rights advocate all my life also I have watched as the politicians have taken this state from the most beautiful state with relatively low crime and freedom from over regulation of guns to a state with high crime, high taxes, third-world social problems and overbearing gun restrictions.

There is absolutely no doubt in my mind that California state government will attempt outright prohibition of private ownership of firearms and their confiscation. I keep wondering how much "gun regulation" does it take to be a violation of the Constitution??? Why isn't our federal government stepping in to reduce this over regulation of legally owned property (firearms?)

Being the most populace state in our country many of the laws that are enacted here find their way to other states. The saying goes "As goes California so goes the nation."

A caution to everyone, if not stopped here this insanity is coming your way.
Old 10-19-2019, 11:47 AM

Look at the other thread I started where the Seattle city government used their Red flag law to seize someone's guns simply because they didn't like his beliefs. California's RF law is even more broad.

Last edited by earlwb; 10-19-2019 at 11:47 AM. Reason: add more info
Old 10-20-2019, 12:57 PM

It looks like it is going from bad to worse in the golden state.

You just knew it. Time to dig deep for the NRA people.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9g4T...feature=em-lsp
Old 10-21-2019, 06:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DickE View Post
Having lived in California my entire life and having been a hunter and firearms enthusiast and a gun rights advocate all my life also I have watched as the politicians have taken this state from the most beautiful state with relatively low crime and freedom from over regulation of guns to a state with high crime, high taxes, third-world social problems and overbearing gun restrictions.

There is absolutely no doubt in my mind that California state government will attempt outright prohibition of private ownership of firearms and their confiscation. I keep wondering how much "gun regulation" does it take to be a violation of the Constitution??? Why isn't our federal government stepping in to reduce this over regulation of legally owned property (firearms?)

Being the most populace state in our country many of the laws that are enacted here find their way to other states. The saying goes "As goes California so goes the nation."

A caution to everyone, if not stopped here this insanity is coming your way.
Considering how the far left ignores and violates any laws or court rulings they don't like, it will get worse. Apparently the Feds can't do anything much against elected officials. So they can pretty much violate the Constitution and the Bill of Rights knowing the government can't do much about it. I can see them ignoring the SCOTUS or Federal Appeals Courts rulings next.
Old 10-21-2019, 06:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by earlwb View Post
Considering how the far left ignores and violates any laws or court rulings they don't like, it will get worse. Apparently the Feds can't do anything much against elected officials. So they can pretty much violate the Constitution and the Bill of Rights knowing the government can't do much about it. I can see them ignoring the SCOTUS or Federal Appeals Courts rulings next.
CA just passed law allowing illegals to serve on state boards !!
https://www.americanthinker.com/blog...te_boards.html

If the good people of CA don't stand up to this BS tyrant state govt, then so be it. Until then the commi's will continue to do whatever they want to. CA turning into Hong Kong at this point seems plausible and needed.
Old 10-21-2019, 06:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1911_Kid View Post
CA just passed law allowing illegals to serve on state boards !!
https://www.americanthinker.com/blog...te_boards.html

If the good people of CA don't stand up to this BS tyrant state govt, then so be it. Until then the commi's will continue to do whatever they want to. CA turning into Hong Kong at this point seems plausible and needed.
The good people there are completely outnumbered now.
Old 10-22-2019, 12:27 AM

California is just the legal test bed for the Democrats to spread the rule of Marx to every state in the union. They will never stop pushing until they are stopped. How do you do that? Well not by talking about the Constitution...we have rise up and make the Constitution a living document. This won't be accomplished in court or in the ballot box. We've already seen that fail. We have to take to the streets and do to the Democrats what they've been doing to America for the last fifty years. We have to fight fire with fire.
Old 10-22-2019, 08:15 AM

I am waiting for the day.

When people's smart phones start to red flag them.

Last edited by USMM guy; 10-22-2019 at 11:10 AM.
Old 10-22-2019, 09:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by USMM guy View Post
When people's smart phones start to red flag them.
You did not say "if", and like you say, only a matter of when.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YrpK90bHO2U
Old 10-22-2019, 11:04 AM

I was in a LGS the other day.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1911_Kid View Post
You did not say "if", and like you say, only a matter of when.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YrpK90bHO2U
A guy was in there talking to the owner about a possible purchase. Calibers, models and such and his smart phone asked him if he needed emergency assistance.
Old 10-22-2019, 11:45 AM

Quote:
A guy was in there talking to the owner about a possible purchase. Calibers, models and such and his smart phone asked him if he needed emergency assistance.
Never bring a "smart" phone when buying firearms or related stuff
Old 10-24-2019, 12:34 AM

It was in the 1960s when the communists took over the Democratic Party. We are seeing and living with the result. The Democratic Party is now the party of hate America and treason. The will not be stopped at the ballot box. If you are not already prepared for what is coming, you have only yourself to blame. The civil war formally started when Donald Trump was elected President and the Democrats refused to abide by the election. The Democrats are violating the laws of the United States, and they have so deeply infiltrated government that they can stop enforcement of the very laws they are breaking. Nobody knows what the flash point that ignites open hostilities will be...but it is much closer than is expected.
Old 10-30-2019, 06:58 AM

Jeez I flew to Cali a couple of weeks ago. I had packed a couple of handguns in my fancy tsa case, along with a silencer, to go plink with my cousins. In a last minute gee I wonder moment I asked my smartphone about my decision. Turns out if I had landed in Oakland with my silencer and was caught by any number of authority figures my vacation could have potentially been extended by some 3000 days. I wonder if they evacuate or turn off the electricity to the incarcerated during these flaming times. As my peeps in Cali are now getting used to saying, **** California.

edit: hmmmm, why replace the f bomb with asterisks? can you say red flag??

Last edited by gratefuljed; 10-30-2019 at 07:02 AM.
Old 10-30-2019, 11:02 AM

Just a refresher on how the system works. California lawmakers pass a law that violates due process. Next we need a victim who's right to due process has been violated. Afterward there is a court case that weaves it's way through the courts including the UBER liberal 9th Circuit. Finally making it's way to the U.S. Supreme court, if they decide to hear it. The Feds and the Supreme court can't just "step" in and rule the law is unconstitutional until an individuals rights have been violated. There are multiple cases pending against the state of California currently. Two individual cases challenging the state handgun roster. One based on Micro Stamping the other on the premise that it prevents access to firearms commonly used for Self Defense. I have read all the comments in this thread and some of the individuals are quite na´ve. Believing that this is a problem isolated to California, that it can't happen where you live. That California should just slide off into the ocean, well it's not and California is laying down a blue print for what awaits the rest of the country. It wasn't that long ago that California was Blue. Same goes for WA. OR. NV. CO. and NM. Now look at where they are. They all have a common denominator. The Left gained control of large Urban areas and votes in those areas. The rural area in every one of those states is still conservative but their voices have been silenced. Closely examine the state you live in and see what the make up of the large metro areas are in your state. If it leans left then your state is in jeopardy of becoming RED. Laugh at and make jokes about California if it makes you feel somehow superior but try and understand that this a political strategy and conservatives have NONE!
Old 10-30-2019, 11:11 AM
Adminstrator

Other than getting the colors reversed, many of us have been saying the same thing for years.
Old 10-30-2019, 11:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdell49 View Post
Just a refresher on how the system works. California lawmakers pass a law that violates due process. Next we need a victim who's right to due process has been violated. Afterward there is a court case that weaves it's way through the courts including the UBER liberal 9th Circuit. Finally making it's way to the U.S. Supreme court, if they decide to hear it. The Feds and the Supreme court can't just "step" in and rule the law is unconstitutional until an individuals rights have been violated. There are multiple cases pending against the state of California currently. Two individual cases challenging the state handgun roster. One based on Micro Stamping the other on the premise that it prevents access to firearms commonly used for Self Defense. I have read all the comments in this thread and some of the individuals are quite na´ve. Believing that this is a problem isolated to California, that it can't happen where you live. That California should just slide off into the ocean, well it's not and California is laying down a blue print for what awaits the rest of the country. It wasn't that long ago that California was Blue. Same goes for WA. OR. NV. CO. and NM. Now look at where they are. They all have a common denominator. The Left gained control of large Urban areas and votes in those areas. The rural area in every one of those states is still conservative but their voices have been silenced. Closely examine the state you live in and see what the make up of the large metro areas are in your state. If it leans left then your state is in jeopardy of becoming RED. Laugh at and make jokes about California if it makes you feel somehow superior but try and understand that this a political strategy and conservatives have NONE!
The problem is "conservatives" paved the way for Democrats to build an insurmountable political majority due to massive changes in demographics in places like California and soon Texas and others. Without the Reagan amnesty and Bush 41 bringing millions of Mexicans into America who would later become illegals, California still would be up for grabs. It was oligarchs like the libertarian Koch brothers and others who bribed the GOP into embracing illegal immigration even though it was suicide to do so. We had no one on our side until Trump was elected and now it's too late.
Old 10-30-2019, 11:58 AM
Adminstrator

Yep. The old Chamber of Commerce bullcrap mentality. "We have to have them because they do jobs Americans won't do" lie.
Old 10-30-2019, 08:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LW McVay View Post
Other than getting the colors reversed, many of us have been saying the same thing for years.
I never can keep that straight glad the point wasn't missed. Communist and Patriots is a lot easier to keep straight
Old 10-30-2019, 08:19 PM

At any rate.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdell49 View Post
I never can keep that straight glad the point wasn't missed. Communist and Patriots is a lot easier to keep straight
We get it.
Old 10-31-2019, 05:32 AM

https://www.theepochtimes.com/frater...d_3132443.html

I am very happy the Fraternal Order of Police spoke out on this when it comes to the assault by the Lefty on our President. (POTUS loves the Police, and the Police love POTUS).

They need to say the same thing about the these red-flag-laws which are an assault on 2A and anyone who supports it...

Without due process, we have mob-rule, witch-hunt's, and lynchings.

NJ has enacted a similar law as in CA, our local NRA affiliate is looking for way's to fight it in court. Time to send them another large donation, they are working their butt's off to fight for us in NJ and earn every penny of donation's they receive. (Right to Carry Suite, 10R mag suite, already in flight for some time).
Ekeibolon - Jeff Cooper

Last edited by combat auto; 10-31-2019 at 05:53 AM.
Old 10-31-2019, 10:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by combat auto View Post
https://www.theepochtimes.com/frater...d_3132443.html

I am very happy the Fraternal Order of Police spoke out on this when it comes to the assault by the Lefty on our President. (POTUS loves the Police, and the Police love POTUS).

They need to say the same thing about the these red-flag-laws which are an assault on 2A and anyone who supports it...

Without due process, we have mob-rule, witch-hunt's, and lynchings.

NJ has enacted a similar law as in CA, our local NRA affiliate is looking for way's to fight it in court. Time to send them another large donation, they are working their butt's off to fight for us in NJ and earn every penny of donation's they receive. (Right to Carry Suite, 10R mag suite, already in flight for some time).
Sum it up real fast, "RF law".
This BS needs to be challenged fast, and pushed up to SCOTUS for a ruling!
Old 10-31-2019, 12:22 PM

I guess that these people have nothing better to do.

They can not find enough people in their own state to go after. So they look around in neighboring states as well.

https://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/ca...Brssitem_title
Old 10-31-2019, 02:11 PM

Quote:
They can not find enough people in their own state to go after. So they look around in neighboring states as well.

https://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/ca...Brssitem_title
Perfect timing for someone with some $$ to start a rental car company and put it on the NV CA border, so that CA folks can get to these shows in NV plated vehicles.