1911Forum
Advertise Here
Forum   Reviews   Rules   Legal   Site Supporters & Donations   Advertise

Go Back   1911Forum > >

Notices

Old 09-09-2018, 01:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsk View Post
The concern I have is that Taurus seems to get their springs from a sub-par source. Extractor springs shouldn't be giving out after only a few hundred rounds. In most pistols they last the life of the firearm. Your light primer strikes could also be due to a weak striker spring... I guess we'll find out when you get yours back.

Noticed that back when I was in the retail end. Especially their revolvers. Springs would be bent , stacked (too long) , weak , etc. I always recommended if a Taurus would be used for self-defense , a QUALITY spring kit be installed and an action job.
Old 09-16-2018, 02:17 AM

Because of the class action case and settlement, Taurus was given a few viable options. NONE of them benefit the customer. If you've got a $400 PT145 stainless and Taurus offers a G2C in black that's selling around 200 bucks, contact the judge in Florida handling the case. He's growing real tired of their BS and how they're handling this. You may be able to get back your original firearm (sans repair) and get it done by a good gunsmith if it's got an actual problem. Taurus will as part of that deal void any future repairs on it but since they only offer a crap replacement, it's worth it.
Old 09-16-2018, 04:23 PM

I bought two Rock Island 10mm 1911s. One a government size has not had any issues. The Railed Commander, on its first range visit, sheared the ejector off.

At first, RIA sent me a new ejector; but I couldn't remove the broken leg from the frame so Rock Island said "send it back, here's a pre-paid return authorization." Less then two weeks later I received a brand new Railed Commander to replace mine. It had, obviously, a different serial number.

At first I thought they couldn't do that without going through an FFL but after checking the BATFE Website I found that they can ship another gun to the owner, without going through an FFL (unless your state requires it). The replacement pistol has been flawless.
Old 10-24-2018, 01:41 PM

Re: My .45 24/7

I somehow got hold of a nice woman at Taurus customer service and told her I didn't want either of their replacement pistols, just to send me back the original pistol I had sent in. They said they would send me back my .45 with a letter saying it was not fit to fire with any ammo ever. It's been a long time and I'm still waiting for it to come back.

No more Taurus for me, ever.
Old 10-27-2018, 06:13 AM

I have rebuilt some of their 1911's for customers and they were all a cobbled mess inside. Absolutely no attention to any detail and very poor craftsmanship.
Old 02-13-2019, 02:17 PM

I bought one of the PT1911s when they first came out (at least in my area) back about 2006 for $499 from a LGS. I thought the finish looked crappy. Sort of like you could rub it off with your thumb but I couldn't. Also there is having the serial number on the frame, the slide, and the barrel.

Also I sort of went HMMMMMMM about the lock in the hammer.

Anyway I have never has issues with mine. I let many of my shooty buddies shoot it and lots of them went out and bought one. Almost to a person they had problems with them from various types of jamming to the ambi safeties falling off, etc. And when they dealt with Taurus customer support it was horrible I guess.

Somehow many of my friends blame me for their bad experience so I am very careful who I go shoot my PT1911 with these days when I do rarely shoot it.