Ignition set - 1911Forum
1911Forum
Advertise Here
Forum   Reviews   Rules   Legal   Site Supporters & Donations   Advertise

Go Back   1911Forum > >

Notices

Old 06-20-2018, 11:33 PM

Ignition set

So I bought another commander last week and I am thinking about doing a few changes to it. I saw tonight that ed brown has their trigger pull sets on sale. Anybody using them? I am thinking about sending it over for them to install and tweak along with their flat trigger.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 06-21-2018, 05:35 AM

I don’t use Ed Brown parts, but certainly your $$$ your choice. Harrison True Radius set always gets my $$$.

Last edited by cdhbrad; 06-21-2018 at 02:46 PM.
Old 06-21-2018, 06:33 AM

Harrison TR set is the ticket !
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-21-2018, 08:33 AM

Harrison, no question for me too.
Old 06-21-2018, 09:23 AM

The Harrison TR sear resulted in the best 1911 trigger I have ever had. And I have Heirloom and Vickers pistols.
Old 06-21-2018, 02:19 PM

Thinking about ordering a complete Harrison ignition set (SS ring hammer w/strut and pin, TR sear, and disconnector) for my Springfield Milspec.

While I understand that things normally require fitting....would it be completely surprising if these parts dropped into my gun with satisfactory performance?
Old 06-21-2018, 02:29 PM

The two Harrison sets I have installed required no work beyond tweaking the sear spring to achieve EXCELLENT results!

Last edited by blastjv; 06-21-2018 at 08:24 PM.
Old 06-21-2018, 07:59 PM

In general, if you replace the sear you are very likely going to need to refit the TS as well. I installed one of the Harrison TS as well. Great instructions in how to do it and I got excellent results.
Old 06-21-2018, 08:04 PM

TS? Mind spelling it out for me?

So from the looks of it i am probably now going to go for the Harrison true radius set with a short flat trigger. Now to decide between golf balling from Rogers or Morris code from Lou. Thanks everyone.

Old 06-21-2018, 08:26 PM

Thumb Safety...and he’s right. I was referring to not needing any further work to the ignition components.
Old 06-21-2018, 08:54 PM

TS=Thumb Safety. Get one of Harrison's when you get the True Radius sear/hammer/disconnector. His website has a great set of instructions on how to fit the thumb safety. Take your time and it is not an issue.
Old 06-21-2018, 09:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geologist View Post
TS=Thumb Safety. Get one of Harrison's when you get the True Radius sear/hammer/disconnector. His website has a great set of instructions on how to fit the thumb safety. Take your time and it is not an issue.

Well thatís on the list as well, I donít care for all the sharp edges and the ambi thatís on it now.

Old 06-22-2018, 09:00 AM

You mention getting work done on the Frame too. I would just coordinate all the work you want done with the smith you choose to do that work. Either one you mentioned will do a great job on the trigger/ignition set and both are fully familiar with the Harrison TR Ignition Set and being sure that the Thumb Safety is properly fit to the gun after the new sear, etc. are installed.
Just because someone says the Thumb Safety needs to be "refit" after the new sear, etc. are installed, which is correct, don't immediately assume that you have to buy a new Thumb Safety. I've worked on the sear, etc. on some my 1911s and actually had to remove more material from the existing TS to get proper contact, so there was no need to buy a new part. I happen to like Harrison TS too, so I would go that route "IF" a new one is needed. Again, the smith you choose will help be sure its all done properly before you see the gun again.

Last edited by cdhbrad; 06-22-2018 at 09:02 AM.
Old 06-22-2018, 09:10 AM

I was already planning on the TS already just hadnít thought about it needing to be refit due to changing the sear.
As far as the gun as a whole goes Iím not really wanting to do a full on build but rather a few changes. My only real problems with it are the plastic msh, lack of checkering, and trigger. I guess my other guns have spoiled me to an extent.

Old 06-22-2018, 06:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghostrider903 View Post
Well thatís on the list as well, I donít care for all the sharp edges and the ambi thatís on it now.

I installed this TS:

https://shop.harrisoncustom.com/extr...c-thumb-safety

It has a lower shelf on it that fits my grip better.

Here are his excellent instructions. Follow these and it is an easy job:

https://shop.harrisoncustom.com/imag...une%202016.pdf
Old 07-03-2018, 10:49 PM

The Harrison TR ignition set is 100% the way to go. I have Colt Combat Commander fit entirely of HD parts and I couldn't be happier.

Just got my DW Valor back from John today. He did the thumb safety, slide stop and trigger for me. Why not just send your 1911 to him and have him take everything for you? He's very reasonable and his work is top notch.
Old 07-06-2018, 10:27 AM

I agree with all the comments about Harrison's ignition set. I have installed them on several 1911's and they result in the most glassy smooth trigger pull I have ever felt. And they are made of tough solid steel not mim.