1911Forum
Advertise Here
Forum   Reviews   Rules   Legal   Site Supporters & Donations   Advertise

Go Back   1911Forum > >

Notices

Old 01-14-2018, 12:32 PM

Tanfo S2X USPSA Production question

I have a Tanfo Stock II Xtreme.

I really am not a fan of the ambi safety.

My question is would it be legal to replace the safety with a single sided safety that is made by Tanfo even if then gun doesnt come with that set up from the factory? Been shooting limited for a while, and am very clear on the rules there, but Production is a new game to me.

Thanks in advance.
Old 01-14-2018, 06:41 PM

Clear as mud.

http://forums.brianenos.com/topic/24...omment-2776866

http://forums.brianenos.com/topic/24...omment-2767451

Seems like Amidon actually OK'd just removing the right side. McManus said no to that but OK'd using a factory single sided safety. It appears that the Unica line single safety can be made to work in S2 and Unica is production legal, so here you go.
Old 01-14-2018, 07:37 PM

Awesome! Thank you. Very interesting that it seems there are a LOT more parts available than EAA seems to want to provide us here in the states. I wish someone else would import these guns, and work on making parts more available, and selling variants from the factory.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-15-2018, 09:38 AM

Yes, you can absolutely replace it with the factory single sided safety, or the factory gold team or flat safety.
I had a ruling from Amidon that said you could just take the right side safety off and leave the original left side one in place, but Troy has since seemingly had a different opinion on that since the gun doesn't come that way and isn't available that way from the factory.