Best place for bulk ammo, Ft. Worth, Texas? - 1911Forum
1911Forum
Advertise Here
Forum   Reviews   Rules   Legal   Site Supporters & Donations   Advertise

Go Back   1911Forum > >

Notices

Old 08-19-2017, 04:24 PM

Best place for bulk ammo, Ft. Worth, Texas?

I'm looking for a go-to store for handgun ammo at good prices. I'm visiting Ft. Worth, Texas to see a few friends and would like to get some range time. My friends are not firearms enthusiasts so wouldn't know how to assist me.

I know the local Wal-Mart is a decent option. But does anybody else have any suggestions on his/her favorite shop for ammo in Ft. Worth, TX? TIA.
Old 08-19-2017, 04:33 PM
Banned

Not really any good ones for that. Go here do your search https://ammoseek.com/ ---some will get it here in 2 days like S&G Ammo out of Stillwater.... Now if you need it today---pretty much out of luck except for the big stores Bass Pro, Cabela's, Alpine Range, Elk Castle shooting sports, remember tomorrow is Sunday and most local shops are closed and it is expensive but if you have to have it you have to have it.

Most ranges sell ammo but I do not shoot at the ranges and the only one I shoot at is a private club here for an annual clay pigeon shoot for charity. Maybe someone else can help but SG Ammo can get it here by Wednesday easy.

Last edited by Busa Dave; 08-19-2017 at 04:47 PM.
Old 08-19-2017, 05:24 PM

Wal Mart is the best option. All of their ammo is cheaper than anything you can buy online as far as I can see. I've gotten a zillion sale ads from all the big ammo shops and they still cost more than WM. Being you're in Texas, it's likely you'll find what you need. You don't have to pay tax online unless you order from a Texas store but then you'll pay shipping. Thus, one pretty much cancels the other.

“The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants. It is its natural manure.” Thomas Jefferson
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-20-2017, 09:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Busa Dave View Post
Go here do your search https://ammoseek.com
I checked out the site and that's a great site! Thanks!
Old 08-20-2017, 09:53 AM

Nothing really stands out here. A couple of weeks ago I was in Defender Outdoors and they were running some bulk deals (1000 9mm for $199, can' remember the brand)
Old 08-20-2017, 09:57 AM

"Cheaper Than Dirt" used to be good. Haven't bought anything from them lately.
"A superior man, when resting in safety, forgets not that peril is ever present. When in a state of security, he forgets not that ruin is only a breath away. When all is orderly, he forgets not that chaos ever hovers over him. Thus, his state and clans are preserved." ************************************************** ******************** Confucius
Old 08-20-2017, 10:22 AM

+1 on Wal-Mart, also check Academy...
Old 08-20-2017, 10:31 AM

I tend to shop around the DFW metroplex. WalMart has or had some great prices on 9mm recently. $7.76 a box of 50 for TulAmmo. They put different calibers and brands on sale on different days. As I got a batch of .223 from them for a nice price later as well.

Then of course Academy has some good sales from time to time too. The best deal I got was for .223 ammo at Cabelas recently. I paid like $87 for 560 rounds of hollow point boat tail ammo, that was after club and military discounts, plus free shipping too. Heck sometimes BassPro even had some good sales too. I got some .223 from them at the time.

I was at a local gun shop last week and they even had some 9mm out for good prices too. Almost as cheap as WalMart was selling it at the time. It was like $7.89 a box at the time.

So you never know until you stop and check one out as you drive by.

Last edited by earlwb; 08-20-2017 at 10:33 AM. Reason: add more information
Old 08-30-2017, 08:30 AM

Fort Worth gun show...
Old 09-20-2017, 07:29 PM

Cabela's up near alliance Airport and TMS. I think they even have a buc-ees up there as well.
Old 09-21-2017, 05:25 AM

Ever since i bought my 10mm ive learned to buy ammo ahead of time online for best pricing. Other than that my LGS's usually have something on sale at a good price in 9mm or .45