Warren Operator Owners Thread - Page 4 - 1911Forum
1911Forum
Advertise Here
Forum   Reviews   Rules   Legal   Site Supporters & Donations   Advertise

Go Back   1911Forum > >

Notices

Old 02-23-2015, 09:01 PM

Thanks. It still has a small trigger issue that 200 more plus dry fires has not smoothed out either.

It IS worth noting that I have two other SA 1911's that SACS has customized for me. That plus many other SA striker pistols and well, i love their stuff.
Old 02-23-2015, 09:54 PM

Squiddo - any chance you can pull off the grip safety and have a look at things like this video demonstrates
http://youtu.be/ZYJD7mwKm20
Old 02-24-2015, 12:41 AM

Yep, I am normally pretty handy but a little on the edge of the question, "why do I need to fix an issue with a new pistol?"
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-24-2015, 08:08 AM

I'm perpetually curious and have to know/understand why things go wrong. I'm not saying fix it yourself - let SACS take care of that for you. ....but before you package it up for shipping, why not throw an hour of bench time at it and see if you can identify the fault yourself.
Old 02-25-2015, 06:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by squiddo View Post
Thanks. It still has a small trigger issue that 200 more plus dry fires has not smoothed out either.

It IS worth noting that I have two other SA 1911's that SACS has customized for me. That plus many other SA striker pistols and well, i love their stuff.

Call SACS and talk to them about your issues . Then see what they say .
Old 02-25-2015, 06:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BangSwitch View Post
I'm perpetually curious and have to know/understand why things go wrong. I'm not saying fix it yourself - let SACS take care of that for you. ....but before you package it up for shipping, why not throw an hour of bench time at it and see if you can identify the fault yourself.
Kind of disappointed I came late and haven't seen the heavy wear. Sad face.
Old 03-01-2015, 06:56 AM

Warren Spotting. Their is a Warren available on the 1911addict forum. Not Mine. But I have dealt with the seller before and it would be hard to find a better guy to deal with.
Old 03-10-2015, 06:09 PM

4,000 Rounds

I doubt I'll ever get anywhere close to ToddG's round count, but I broke 4,000 rounds last night at a steel match.

So here's a few updates:

The gun's finish is starting to show some holster wear, nicks and the usual signs of a shooter rather than a safe queen. I like it like that!

In honor of hitting the 4k mark, I detail stripped the pistol again. Wear on the internals is non-existent. Everything looks great.
- Lots of gunk on the trigger bow & in the trigger track. More than I would have expected. I think a lot of oil accumulated in there and became a crap magnet.
- The bottom of my extractor claw had lots of packed-up filth in it and the extractor tunnel was harboring lots of crap too. I make a point of running a brush up & down the extractor claw every time I clean the gun so I was surprised to find so much carbon in there.

I guess the accumulation I found shouldn't really be a surprise to me - I run my 1911s pretty wet. ....that excess oil is going to cake up with carbon.

I gave the overtravel screw a few turns and cycled a few dummy rounds through it. ....feels good.

Overall - I'm a happy camper. This gun is turning out to be the heavy use shooter I wanted.
Old 03-12-2015, 12:59 PM

Called SA and no shock they had me send it in for a tune. Decided to address the trigger since it's already in the shop. 10-8 flat and warranty work to address what we believe to be a grip safety issue
Old 03-14-2015, 11:39 PM

Just curious, is there a consensus on which magazine seems to work the best on these guns? I have been a follower of the SA Warren Tactical pistol for a couple of years. Gave up on the chase for one and went with two Nighthawks and a Wilson Combat all in 9mm (to go with the SA TRP Operator). I have found the Metalform (9FR-794) 9 rounders to operate flawlessly in the Nighthawks. ETMs go in the Wilson without fail.
Old 03-15-2015, 12:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SA-TRP-Operator View Post
Just curious, is there a consensus on which magazine seems to work the best on these guns? I have been a follower of the SA Warren Tactical pistol for a couple of years. Gave up on the chase for one and went with two Nighthawks and a Wilson Combat all in 9mm (to go with the SA TRP Operator). I have found the Metalform (9FR-794) 9 rounders to operate flawlessly in the Nighthawks. ETMs go in the Wilson without fail.
The OEM 9 round Springfield mags run perfectly - getting a 10 round mag to run with the same reliability has been challenging. I found that 10-round Dawson Precision mags work very well for me.

Chip McCormick came out with a 10 round 9mm magazine at SHOT show this year. I have high expectations, but haven't gotten my hands on one yet
P.S. I am running a USPSA match tomorrow morning with 5x 10-round Dawson mags
Old 03-19-2015, 05:40 PM

I'm at about 1,150 or 1,200 rounds with my WTS061 with zero malfunctions thus far.
Old 03-21-2015, 05:13 AM

Heard back from SACS, worked and replaced the trigger with the 10-8 and that was the issue. Tested it fine and now it's on my way back to me. Total cost to replace the trigger with the 10-8, $50 and a steal. I'll have it by wens and can't wait to test it.

Sweeeeet
Old 03-21-2015, 07:02 AM

Sweeeeet. I've been thinking about having a long or medium solid trigger fit to mine. Then I figured why temp fate. My Warren has been good to go from day one.
Old 03-21-2015, 12:25 PM

Quote:
Heard back from SACS, worked and replaced the trigger with the 10-8 and that was the issue. Tested it fine and now it's on my way back to me. Total cost to replace the trigger with the 10-8, $50 and a steal. I'll have it by wens and can't wait to test it.

Sweeeeet
Just curious. Did you send the 10-8 trigger to them or did SACS get it for you?
Old 03-21-2015, 05:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by krisjon View Post
Just curious. Did you send the 10-8 trigger to them or did SACS get it for you?
SACS had done the 10-8 trigger on 3 of my 1911's. Unless you own the parts it's not worth sending the parts in. Their pricing is very competitive. I cannot rave enough about how great they are to work with. It's been perfect service a number of times.
Old 03-21-2015, 09:06 PM

Quote:
eplaced the trigger with the 10-8 and that was the issue.

Pix or it didn't happen! :-)
Old 03-21-2015, 09:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BangSwitch View Post
Pix or it didn't happen! :-)
Lol I'll post as soon as I handle it! Wens.....
Old 03-22-2015, 12:04 PM

Quote:
SACS had done the 10-8 trigger on 3 of my 1911's. Unless you own the parts it's not worth sending the parts in. Their pricing is very competitive. I cannot rave enough about how great they are to work with. It's been perfect service a number of times.
Thanks! Good to know. I know SACS offers some parts from Harrison, S&A, Heinie, etc. but wasn't sure if they offer/can get whatever you want.

I'm looking for a few upgrades from 10-8, Harrison, Wilson, and EGW - all top notch stuff, but I wasn't sure if I needed to buy them on my own and send in or just include my wish list and they'll fill it for me.
Old 03-22-2015, 01:09 PM

Quote:
Thanks! Good to know. I know SACS offers some parts from Harrison, S&A, Heinie, etc. but wasn't sure if they offer/can get whatever you want.

I'm looking for a few upgrades from 10-8, Harrison, Wilson, and EGW - all top notch stuff, but I wasn't sure if I needed to buy them on my own and send in or just include my wish list and they'll fill it for me.

Oh yep, my last 1911 I sent included 10-8 trigger, mag, slide stop and safety.
Old 03-22-2015, 03:55 PM

I knocked the fiber out of the front post on my WTS and had to shoot a steel match with a "black hole".
Anyone know the right size fiber replacement?
I want to get it up and running ahead of a match tomorrow night if I can. I'm hoping my local gunsmith has the right replacement fiber in stock.
Old 03-22-2015, 05:46 PM

Quote:

They are a full service shop . You can talk to them before you send it in
and work all that out .
Old 03-22-2015, 08:46 PM

Anyone check in lately for ETA on the next batch?
Old 03-22-2015, 08:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy1911 View Post
They are a full service shop . You can talk to them before you send it in
and work all that out .
Thanks. I know they do pretty much anything and everything. They've done a gun for me before, but I didn't branch out parts-wise from their standard offerings. I've heard you can send stuff in and if it meets their specs, they'll install it, but wasn't sure if they will source aftermarket parts for you that aren't their regular offerings.

Last edited by krisjon; 03-22-2015 at 08:52 PM.
Old 04-06-2015, 11:31 AM

The Warren is back from SACS and great news, issue seems resolved and thus far is showing no issues.