Opinions on rig for SS - 1911Forum
1911Forum
Advertise Here
Forum   Reviews   Rules   Legal   Site Supporters & Donations   Advertise

Go Back   1911Forum > >

Notices

Old 04-11-2020, 12:07 AM

Opinions on rig for SS

I’m setting out into the world of competition shooting, uspsa at my local club. I have a great Springfield trp and I’m trying to decide what rig I need. I really like the DAA mag pouches. And their belt system. But I can’t decide on a holster be it a DAA, Rht etc etc. so your opinions would be very welcome for anything related to my rig including the hanger system.
Thanks
Barry
Old 04-11-2020, 07:18 AM

The blade tech is my favorite. Some like the BOSS hanger with it. I have not found it necessary, and some have had the BOSS hanger wear a hole in their pant with out modification. https://benstoegerproshop.com/blade-...or-uspsa-ipsc/
Old 04-11-2020, 09:00 AM

I really like RHT holsters with Boss hanger and DAA magazine pouches. I have three rigs setup this way, SS, Production and CO.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-11-2020, 09:05 AM

For USPSA and Steel Challenge I use the Black Scorpion Gear double velcro belt and their competition holster. I have 4 of their mag pouches and they are outstanding too.
Old 04-11-2020, 09:17 AM
More Cowbell...

I am partial to Blade-Tech holsters. Ky-Tac used to make the best ones out there, but I think Dave folded up shop.
Old 04-11-2020, 02:27 PM

I'm using a Red Hill on a CR Speed CBax hangar. I've replaced all of my BOSS hangars with the CR Speeds, it allows for rotational adjustment without a stack of washers.

I do like the Double Alpha single stack mag pouches, been running them for 5 years and I've never felt a need to replace them.

I replaced my original holster with the Red Hill last year. The double layer Kydex is a lot stiffer, and I like how solid if feels on the draw.

--
Pat Jones
Firestone CO
Old 04-12-2020, 04:19 PM

The people at Red Hill Tactical are good people - stand by their products. Excellent customer service.
Old 04-12-2020, 10:36 PM

Another vote for RHT. You can use the code supertactical for a discount. I like the Spring Precision mount or the Boss mount. I have both. I think my Limited rig is on a Springer and my production/Carry Optics rig is Boss
Old 04-18-2020, 08:50 AM

Please read the equipment requirements for SS in the USPSA Rules book.
What works for Limited and everything else may not work for this.
Old 04-18-2020, 09:15 AM

Drop offset holsters are allowed now, still no race holsters. All of the above referenced holsters would be legal for SS
Old 04-30-2020, 07:18 PM

Any mag pouch type?
Old 04-30-2020, 08:30 PM

Pretty much. Just have to wear them behind the hip bone and they can't stick out from your body and obscene amount.
Old 05-01-2020, 07:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJM7288 View Post
I really like RHT holsters with Boss hanger and DAA magazine pouches. I have three rigs setup this way, SS, Production and CO.
Same here I have used RHT for four setups. Looked around a lot and always go back to them, good pricing and service. I am using Ghost Mag pouches for now.
Old 06-06-2020, 10:50 AM

I use a CR speed belt, an older Blade Tech doh without the hanger, and 6 DA ss pouches. Last summer I switched to minor. The icing on the cake was I got to use the same rig.

NRA Life Member
Old 06-23-2020, 09:19 AM

Nothing like dredging up an old thread, but I thought I'd share.

I'm a big fan of the Safariland system. I use QLS and ELS plates/forks so that I can swap out holsters and mag carriers. I didn't want to have to build a new belt for every platform. I can use the same belt for my single stack 1911's, then switch it up for shooting my Glocks. The QLS forks on my holsters are especially convenient. I have holsters for 1911's with rails, without rails, with threaded barrels, with lights, etc