Liberal Tears - 1911Forum
1911Forum
Advertise Here
Forum   Reviews   Rules   Legal   Site Supporters & Donations   Advertise

Go Back   1911Forum > >

Notices

Old 05-28-2020, 12:45 PM

Liberal Tears

They're just so damn good aren't they? I don't think there is anything in life that I enjoy more.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/sen...mations-coming
Old 05-28-2020, 01:07 PM

Great news!
Old 05-28-2020, 02:05 PM

This is the major reason why I continue to support.

The current administration. This kind of thing is only OK when they are doing it. One of the best things about the Obama administration was that they were just plain lazy insofar as leaving so many of these judicial vacancies unfilled.

But Watch out! I remember quite clearly that back when Elizabeth Warren was running. In addition to eliminating the Senate. She also stated that she wanted to stack the supreme court with more judges.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-28-2020, 02:11 PM

Conan:

Crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and hear the lamentation of the women!
Old 05-29-2020, 05:22 PM

Harry Reid was warned not to use the nuclear option. He didn't listen. The Dems didn't listen - They went ahead, and now they are whining.
Old 05-29-2020, 06:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by clt_capt View Post
Harry Reid was warned not to use the nuclear option. He didn't listen. The Dems didn't listen - They went ahead, and now they are whining.
This exactly.

However.......

IF Trump loses......and IF the Dems take the Senate, we WILL see a packed SCOTUS.

.....And it will be the Republicans turn to whine.....

And the madness will continue until a Leader of the Senate says "Enough", and we see a return to the old rules of 2/3rds majority along with the return of the filibuster. Until that happens, it'll be more of the same partisan bickering and whining. The only thing that changes now is which side is whining.........

Last edited by TRSOtto; 05-29-2020 at 06:13 PM.
Old 05-29-2020, 06:43 PM

I figure Senator Palpatine will lead us out of the corrupt Republic to an Empire, and then we will all get to wear masks.
Old 05-29-2020, 06:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by longarm View Post
I figure Senator Palpatine will lead us out of the corrupt Republic to an Empire, and then we will all get to wear masks.
Well, he is running for president.
Old 05-29-2020, 06:59 PM

Great job Mitch and President Trum! Keep it coming.
Old 05-29-2020, 07:14 PM
Administrator

Quote:
FEDERAL COURTSPublished 1 day ago
Senate Dems raise alarm on 'captured' federal courts as Trump, Republicans keep judicial confirmations coming
"Captured", my ass. We're simply undoing the damage Obama caused.
Avoid the temptation to replace everything on your brand-new 1911 just to make it "better". Know what you're changing out and why. You may spend a lot of money fixing things that weren't broken to begin with. Shoot at least 500 rounds through it first, then decide what you don't like and want to improve. Regarding vintage 1911s, pre-1970 pistols are highly collectible in original, unaltered condition and should NEVER be refinished or modified as it completely ruins their monetary value.
Old 05-29-2020, 09:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsk View Post
I too, loved the use of the word captured. The more they cry, the better I feel. It's like my own personal elixir. Genuine sunshine, right in my pocket.
Old 05-29-2020, 09:18 PM
Administrator

Yeah, funny how when we win it's always because we're sneaky and underhanded. Yet when they win it's because they're righteous.
Avoid the temptation to replace everything on your brand-new 1911 just to make it "better". Know what you're changing out and why. You may spend a lot of money fixing things that weren't broken to begin with. Shoot at least 500 rounds through it first, then decide what you don't like and want to improve. Regarding vintage 1911s, pre-1970 pistols are highly collectible in original, unaltered condition and should NEVER be refinished or modified as it completely ruins their monetary value.
Old 05-29-2020, 10:04 PM

In this case it is not so much undoing the damage of the Obama administration.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsk View Post
So much as taking advantage of the fact that the Obama administration failed to fill a very large number of judicial vacancies at the federal level. They clearly had other things higher up on their list of things to do. Gunrunning to Mexico comes to mind.
Old 05-30-2020, 06:01 AM

Not to belabor the point, about Obama being the worst president in our history, because it would hijack the thread.

Nothing sounds better than a liberal crying.
Old 05-30-2020, 06:16 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRSOtto View Post
This exactly.

However.......

IF Trump loses......and IF the Dems take the Senate, we WILL see a packed SCOTUS.

.....And it will be the Republicans turn to whine.....

And the madness will continue until a Leader of the Senate says "Enough", and we see a return to the old rules of 2/3rds majority along with the return of the filibuster. Until that happens, it'll be more of the same partisan bickering and whining. The only thing that changes now is which side is whining.........
Not only this but Trump is setting new standards (lows) for the Potus position that I really don't think the Republicans really want a Democrat to do either. Whether he wins his next term or not in our history both party's always have gotten their time.
Old 05-30-2020, 06:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dddrees View Post
Not only this but Trump is setting new standards (lows) for the Potus position that I really don't think the Republicans really want a Democrat to do either. Whether he wins his next term or not in our history both party's always have gotten their time.
No idea how you claim, Trump “set new lows”.... He’s played by the rules in place when he won. As far as Twitter is concerned, he has used it to counteract all the bs put out by the lame stream media. Again, cry me a river,,,when Obummer used the internet to his advantage, he was praised.
Old 05-30-2020, 07:16 AM

Obama had the opportunity, for 8 years, to fill the Federal courts. He chose not to, instead to ignore one of the specific Constitutional tasks is was required to perform ....
The left has no one but Obama to blame....
I must study politics and war, that our sons may have liberty to study mathematics and philosophy. Our sons ought to study mathematics and philosophy, geography, natural history and naval architecture, navigation, commerce and agriculture in order to give their children a right to study painting, poetry, music, architecture, statuary, tapestry and porcelain. ~ John Adams
Old 05-30-2020, 07:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dddrees View Post
So let me get this straight...Lyndon Baines Johnson says things like this:

Quote:
There’s no question that Lyndon Johnson, despite championing the landmark Civil Rights Act of 1964 and signing it into law, was also a sometime racist and notorious vulgarian who rarely shied away from using the N-word in private. For example, he reportedly referred to the Civil Rights Act of 1957 as the “n***** bill” in more than one private phone conversation with Senate colleagues.
And if we want something more recent look into Bill Clinton and Monica Lewinski (Or Biden and Tara Reade). People complain about Trump saying, 'You could practically grab em by thei p****...' but seem to forget that Clinton and Biden actually 'grabbed them by their p****.'

Yet Trump is the one somehow setting new lows for the office of President? I think people that say things like this haven't spent very much time studying past Presidents.
Old 05-30-2020, 07:34 AM

As far as packing the Supreme Court, if I remember history, FDR tried that in the 30s and was told he could not do it, tradition being the 9. However, the Constitution in Article III Section 1 says the justices shall hold their offices during good behavior. RBG does come to mind.
Old 05-30-2020, 07:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by specs View Post
As far as packing the Supreme Court, if I remember history, FDR tried that in the 30s and was told he could not do it, tradition being the 9. However, the Constitution in Article III Section 1 says the justices shall hold their offices during good behavior. RBG does come to mind.
If the Dems hold the House, the Senate and the White House, there is nothing to prevent them from packing the SCOTUS.

The only thing that prevented FDR from doing do was a bipartisan agreement between legislators that FDR was attempting to pack the SCOTUS for purely political reasons and legislation attempting to do so was rejected.
Old 05-30-2020, 07:59 AM

TRSOtto, you are correct except that this would set a precedent that would allow any party that holds all 3 non judicial branches this ability. I could see judges from all levels being hired and relieved for almost anything. This could bee the final straw for our Republic. I HOPE even democrats would understand this and think twice.
Old 05-30-2020, 09:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gumbee View Post
Well, he is running for president.
Palpatine dropped out. He's not an out-in-front guy, he prefers to play others as his marionettes and stay in his nice, comfy dark office in his nice overstuffed chair while his minions carry out his wishes.

I am, of course, speaking of Michael Bloomberg, the closest thing we have to the Palpatine of Star Wars.
-----------------------^--------
Member NRA, GOA, SAF, VCDL, FL Carry
Old 05-30-2020, 09:21 AM

soros is palpatine.

Barry was just a puppet. That's why the dem's can so strongly vote for a senile old man. A bag of bones that takes orders, is what they want. They'd vote for a cardboard cutout, if they could.
Old 05-30-2020, 09:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by longarm View Post
Forunately, the good Senator left office at the beginning of 2017, never to return.

Don't trust Cavery Grips/American Gripz. He WILL rip you off.
All my 1911s are in .45acp. Why? Because size matters.--Me
The 9mm Punibellum is a SD cartridge fit only for women and Europeans--Me
Old 05-30-2020, 09:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plantar5 View Post
Not to belabor the point, about Obama being the worst president in our history, because it would hijack the thread.

Nothing sounds better than a liberal crying.
You don't gotta worry about hijacking threads. I don't care anything about that. If a point or comment comes to mind, speak it. I always do, regardless of who's thread it is.