Forum   Reviews   Rules   Legal   Site Supporters & Donations   Advertise

Go Back   1911Forum > >

Notices

Old 05-26-2020, 03:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jameeson View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Striker2237 View Post
Simulates a fall without having to toss the gun, again look up the 6 part upgrade and why it was done

Many people here have explained the same thing I did, read over it again and study a Glock slide and you will see why if the gun is worn it is possible. It is much easier for a Glock to drift into an unsafe condition mechanically than most think since it anything goes wrong with the FPB the inherent design of the striker system means that impact/wear/any changes/anything not being correct will allow it to fire. It's not like a hammer fired gun that more has to go wrong in for a shot to fire, look at the S80 system on a 1911 vs the Glock safe action and tell me what system would require more parts to fail to allow a shot. The S70 1911 or any non FPB hammer fired gun also requires more parts to fail/jam for this to happen as well.
Had no idea a worn glock could so readily fire if tossed on the ground, or with any reasonable wear or shock as you say. Only thing that comes up when I search is this strange SIG 320 model [IMG class=inlineimg]https://forums.1911forum.com/images/smilies/biglaugh.gif[/IMG]

But not doubting by prying the frame from slide to and tripping the firing pin off the trigger bar, with the the firing pin safety plunger disengaged, you got your gen2 to fire. I guess this simulates a drop from outer space?
Have you noticed any cases to show of where this happened...since 1991?
I will investigate more, there has got to be a lot of cases of this happening everyday with the millions and millions of glocks out there! [IMG class=inlineimg]https://forums.1911forum.com/images/smilies/eek.gif[/IMG] I know one case just this week! But wait where did that guy go
No actually my gen2 was pre 6 part upgrade so if you toss it about 5 ft like a frisbee it drops the striker all the way.

Same way if you install an aftermarket Glock trigger that eliminates most of the pretravel the FPB doesn't work 100% reliably every time. Doing a pry with a plastic scraper and then tapping it with a small plastic hammer accurately simulates drops/impacts from various angles and can be done in many guns to see if they have certain drop safe failures like the 320, VP9, PPQ, etc when the whole 320 failures came to light many people started tapping around to see if their guns have similar issues

Stop being ignorant and instead learn about the system more. Glock says to replace the entire trigger assembly and locking block for a reason when you get to higher round counts.
Carry gun:Wilson Carry Comp Custom .45S Pocket carry:on loan Other 1911s:WC Supergrade Accucomp .38, WC BW Opticomp, WC CQB Compact, WC CQB Professional, WC Super Sentinel, WC CQB Elite 9mm, WC EDC X9, WC X9S, Ed Brown SR, NHC Predator II Opticomp, NHC T3 Hardchrome, Kimber Ultra, ATI Tactical, RIA Tactical 10mm, Kimber Ultra Diamond 9mm, Detonics Combat Master MKVI, Colt Centennial .460 Roland

Last edited by Striker2237; 05-26-2020 at 03:16 PM.
Old 05-26-2020, 03:19 PM

Glock NEVER uses the term "RECALL" - that would indicate legally chargable fault - but only uses the friendlier term "Upgrade" - sounds like a benefit!!

Glock has had a lot of defective guns. Some of you were not around when they were first gaining popularity, but serious problems were real up into the Third Generation guns. Fortunately, not every gun - but quite a few. The firing pin, firing pin lock, extractor, slide and other components have gone through redesigns (sometimes more than one) - due to malfunctions, primarily in the hands of Police who document real problems and report them. "Police Trade In" Glocks were frequently sold in the first few years - Glocks that were sold to a Police Department, did NOT RUN, and the whole lot was exchanged for a later version, the failures were then reworked and resold to the public. My Department got new Model 22s, three quarters of which did not run - and were replaced by Model 21s - which all had to have their slides remachined and new extractors installed. Oh, and the Model 21 mags wore out quickly, would not lock the gun open. We all bought three M21 mags extra (on our dime) to keep three working in our leather.

"Glock Perfection" is a marketing slogan - not remotely true. LAPD had an officer report a dropped Glock going off. They accused him of lying and almost fired him - until the Armorer put a primed case in his Glock, put it in a vise and hit it with a nightstick - it went off. NYPD had horrible problems with Model 19s doing a "Type Three Malfunction" that Could NOT be cleared in the field. They threatened to publicly and loudly replace them after Glock denied there was any problem and Glock suddenly sent an Armorer's trailer to New York and finally figured it out.

I carry a Glock everyday at work and have confidence in it - but I am under no illusions that it cannot fail. Wear, improper modification or lack of care can make ANY weapon fail - and I will bet the OPs Glock will have some combination of these factors. But to say it was "Impossible" for it to fire? Nothing, my friends, is Impossible. I will remind you that the Titanic was "unsinkable", too. Unless the hand of God made it, it is never completely perfect. CC

Certified Law Enforcement Trainer
Certified Glock, Colt and Remington LE Armorer

Last edited by Col. Colt; 05-26-2020 at 03:40 PM.
Old 05-26-2020, 04:32 PM

I hope the OP comes back & shares what he learns after having the pistol inspected. I would like to know what happened.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-26-2020, 04:48 PM

There. Fixed it.
Attached Thumbnails
new-glock-1911-pistol-the-legend-is-back_1_1590529517039.jpg  
Old 05-26-2020, 05:16 PM

Few things are impossible, but I'm a (hopefully) polite skeptic.
Old 05-26-2020, 06:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMJ1015 View Post
I hope the OP comes back & shares what he learns after having the pistol inspected. I would like to know what happened.
I think there’s about as much chance of that happening as a pistol firing itself.
Old 05-26-2020, 07:12 PM

Giving the OP the benefit of the doubt that he didn't make up that little fable is foolish.

Not a Glock armorer!
Old 05-26-2020, 07:17 PM

This thread reminds me of one from several years ago.
I can’t remember if it was on this forum, or another one I am on but don’t frequent.

The model of firearm that spontaneously discharged on a nightstand was a 1911,
Colt or clone I cannot remember.

Some of the details were that the pistol was carried in foul, freezing, wet conditions while hunting for several hours. The pistol was upholstered and set on a nightstand in a bedroom and the person went out to the common room.
Several minutes (can’t remember the time frame), there was a loud bang from the unoccupied bedroom. When everyone that heard it went to investigate, there was a hole in the wall adjacent to the nightstand and the pistol was on the floor.

Anyway, what reminds me of that thread, is the fact everyone that responded was not there. And most responded hostilely to the OP & said that it is impossible and it couldn’t happen etcetera, etcetera..... I think the thread got eventually closed without a resolution as to what malfunction there was to cause the unattended AD.

So let’s give the OP the benefit of the doubt and see if the OP responds & takes the advice given and sends the pistol in question back to Glock to have it gone through to see what caused this highly likely although Rare AD.

P.S. If some of the old timers here remember the thread that I am talking about and can link it, I would like to re-read it to see how it ended up.

Last edited by Steam Boat; 05-26-2020 at 07:24 PM.
Old 05-27-2020, 12:27 AM

Quote:
No actually my gen2 was pre 6 part upgrade so if you toss it about 5 ft like a frisbee it drops the striker all the way.

Same way if you install an aftermarket Glock trigger that eliminates most of the pretravel the FPB doesn't work 100% reliably every time. Doing a pry with a plastic scraper and then tapping it with a small plastic hammer accurately simulates drops/impacts from various angles and can be done in many guns to see if they have certain drop safe failures like the 320, VP9, PPQ, etc when the whole 320 failures came to light many people started tapping around to see if their guns have similar issues

Stop being ignorant and instead learn about the system more. Glock says to replace the entire trigger assembly and locking block for a reason when you get to higher round counts.
Well bear with me, this is where I get ignorant. You gave an example of your pre 6 fix gen2 (30 yr old g19 which you say was dirty and not cared for) in which this issue occurred....and then this morphed into 'worn glocks' in general are susceptible to this issue (no strange glocks or race glocks as you said)

Anyway, I had never heard of a case of this and was looking for another example of a worn glock, outside of your not cared well for 30 year old g19. if you have a link you can send? I have asked nicely a couple times and am generally curious, and all I did was a futile search and I don't know if worn glock could mean a gen4 or gen5 with 80,000 rounds through it.

and I try not to be ignorant to the 'system' as I love it, here are my two pre 6 fix gen2's
It would be great if you could provide a link or evidence that explains this upgrade was needed due to drop saftey issues on the gen 2, I was not aware of that either.
I understood pretty simply by the glock guys at SHOT; it was a recommended and encouraged upgrade, but voluntary, no high round count required...numerous gen 2 guns do not have the upgrade. Some armorers and fanboi's like me, like the cool factor of tool steel parts vs MIM in the gen2 and it's somewhat agreed upon that gen 2 glocks have the nicest triggers of all the generations. That was a 5 min chat, back in 2008 at their booth, may or may not be true.

Anyway back to the story.....the wife did it
Attached Thumbnails
IMG-7080.jpg  
Old 05-27-2020, 12:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Col. Colt View Post
Glock NEVER uses the term "RECALL" - that would indicate legally chargable fault - but only uses the friendlier term "Upgrade" - sounds like a benefit!!

Glock has had a lot of defective guns. Some of you were not around when they were first gaining popularity, but serious problems were real up into the Third Generation guns. Fortunately, not every gun - but quite a few. The firing pin, firing pin lock, extractor, slide and other components have gone through redesigns (sometimes more than one) - due to malfunctions, primarily in the hands of Police who document real problems and report them. "Police Trade In" Glocks were frequently sold in the first few years - Glocks that were sold to a Police Department, did NOT RUN, and the whole lot was exchanged for a later version, the failures were then reworked and resold to the public. My Department got new Model 22s, three quarters of which did not run - and were replaced by Model 21s - which all had to have their slides remachined and new extractors installed. Oh, and the Model 21 mags wore out quickly, would not lock the gun open. We all bought three M21 mags extra (on our dime) to keep three working in our leather.

"Glock Perfection" is a marketing slogan - not remotely true. LAPD had an officer report a dropped Glock going off. They accused him of lying and almost fired him - until the Armorer put a primed case in his Glock, put it in a vise and hit it with a nightstick - it went off. NYPD had horrible problems with Model 19s doing a "Type Three Malfunction" that Could NOT be cleared in the field. They threatened to publicly and loudly replace them after Glock denied there was any problem and Glock suddenly sent an Armorer's trailer to New York and finally figured it out.

I carry a Glock everyday at work and have confidence in it - but I am under no illusions that it cannot fail. Wear, improper modification or lack of care can make ANY weapon fail - and I will bet the OPs Glock will have some combination of these factors. But to say it was "Impossible" for it to fire? Nothing, my friends, is Impossible. I will remind you that the Titanic was "unsinkable", too. Unless the hand of God made it, it is never completely perfect. CC
I hear you, and not meaning to infer that parts or things don't fail. Have seen g17's shot until the slides were compromised, guide rods shoot out the gun, many FTE/FTF, and of course, all the kB cases out there,...
They are not perfect, but have not seen or heard of one that was up to spec go bang without the trigger being pulled.

Last edited by Jameeson; 05-27-2020 at 12:38 AM.
Old 05-27-2020, 06:27 AM

For those who are interested, here is an informative youtube on safety checking Glocks. It is something I feel should be done on a reasonable interval as part of normal maintenance or whenever parts are changed out.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LFk_nq0HcEc
Old 05-27-2020, 06:48 AM

From the Col......

The solution is for everybody to just return your Glocks to Gaston. There will be no more worry and the Rem 700 will be the only gun left that can shoot by itself.
You guys do realize that the left has long thought that guns are animate. Gaston is fueling their fire. We should ban all Glocks......
Old 05-27-2020, 11:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jameeson View Post
Quote:

Well bear with me, this is where I get ignorant. You gave an example of your pre 6 fix gen2 (30 yr old g19 which you say was dirty and not cared for) in which this issue occurred....and then this morphed into 'worn glocks' in general are susceptible to this issue (no strange glocks or race glocks as you said)

Anyway, I had never heard of a case of this and was looking for another example of a worn glock, outside of your not cared well for 30 year old g19. if you have a link you can send? I have asked nicely a couple times and am generally curious, and all I did was a futile search and I don't know if worn glock could mean a gen4 or gen5 with 80,000 rounds through it.

and I try not to be ignorant to the 'system' as I love it, here are my two pre 6 fix gen2's [IMG class=inlineimg]https://forums.1911forum.com/images/smilies/cool.gif[/IMG]
It would be great if you could provide a link or evidence that explains this upgrade was needed due to drop saftey issues on the gen 2, I was not aware of that either.
I understood pretty simply by the glock guys at SHOT; it was a recommended and encouraged upgrade, but voluntary, no high round count required...numerous gen 2 guns do not have the upgrade. Some armorers and fanboi's like me, like the cool factor of tool steel parts vs MIM in the gen2 and it's somewhat agreed upon that gen 2 glocks have the nicest triggers of all the generations. That was a 5 min chat, back in 2008 at their booth, may or may not be true.

Anyway back to the story.....the wife did it [IMG class=inlineimg]https://forums.1911forum.com/images/smilies/dope.gif[/IMG]
The 6 part upgrade included changes to the plunger, trigger bar, transfer bar, and a few other things but those were the major ones to increase the distance and force needed for full plunger actuation and increase the engagement surface on the striker. That's why pre upgrade gen2s have comparably great triggers vs other glocks.

This allows the guns to go well beyond 20k rounds without any risk at all of these parts having any risk of peening, polishing, etc to the point that the gun may go off when dropped or in particular thrown/tossed like a frisbee. The issue was when thrown like this the FPB plunger spring was not strong enough to counteract the rotation force and would compress on impact with the ground leaving the path of the striker clear and the striker would usually release due to the less aggressive engagement setup and fire. All modern striker fire service pistols rely on small springs to power the plungers and relatively small engagement surfaces to hold back the strikers combined with sloppy and loose tolerances and trigger transfer bars that if any sort of inertial force is applied it can deactivate one of the safeties. Most are designed to require at least two to be deactivated to fire but like in the case of the 320 there was a direction force could be applied to deactivate two and fire the gun. On glocks due to the trigger safety and partially cocked striker it's very difficult to get the actual striker moved far back enough to fall off the "sear" when combined with the weight of the post upgrade gen2 striker spring effectively trying to hold the striker forward against that "sear" hard. A fall would have to produce enough force that the striker overcomes the springs forward force and goes all the way to the rearmost sear position combined with enough play and shock in the trigger linkage and "sear" to allow the parts to shift to near the same place they would of you had actually pulled the trigger. Last and most vital thing that needs to fail is the FPB plunger would need to be seized, have a weak spring (it uses a very small coil spring vs something like the steel wire monster HK uses), have a aftermarket trigger that partially moves it out of the way for the sake of less pretravel, or be subject to forces that compress it upwards during the fall long enough it can't return in time or at all to stop the striker if the above situation with those parts occur. Now the system is designed that when the gun falls that there should NEVER be an angle that allows both the FPB spring to compress and deactivate and to allow at the same time or in the time it takes the FPB if compressed to return to normal position to allow the striker spring to compress and fall off the "sear".

The result of this design can most clearly be seen in the PPQ and VP9 family with their fully tensioned strikers giving you a dead trigger if dropped even as little as two feet but never firing. Those guns since they are fully cocked if dropped will release the striker as expected but the force never is aligned correctly to also move their FPB systems while doing so. The HK in particular has a very very nice block system that is totally out of line with the direction on force that can lead to the striker releasing and also uses a serious spring so there is no chance that a secondary impact can possibly outrun it and let the striker slip past.

The reason Glock chose a partially tensioned striker was to entirely avoid the dead trigger issue the above guns have if dropped since as you recall from above the Glocks striker is pressing forward against its "sear" well in front of the release point so that any forces that would otherwise cause the PPQ/VP9/and full tension striker, would only compress the striker spring a bit and it would bounce back to where it was since it can't fully release unless the FPB is disengaged, try it with your gun, unless the FPB is depressed it's impossible for the striker to go to a place it won't automatically be where it stated pressing against the "sear".

The issue with the glocks system is as wear/cycles on spring/tolerances build up the firing pin block plunger returns more slowly if at all to the correct position and falls can now have the chance to compress it long enough that it can't get back to its testing position in time to intercept the striker if a part of the fall gave those parts enough of a shock to release. If the gun has a worn breach Glock or trigger linkage this "window" of opportunity gets larger and larger for a failure to stop it. ALL of the guns safeties rely on the FPB and it's tiny little coil spring and most uses will not detect an issue since a failure there doesn't prevent the gun from firing and if anything it's common to polish the block and it's bore to be super smooth and change to a light spring to improve trigger feel. Glock tried to get people to stop doing this with the Gen5 and it's much nicer beveled plunger, smoother trigger linkage "nub" better plunger to slide fit, way nicer coating on said plunger, and an upgraded spring.

They would not have done that if there was not an issue that was known.

Fun side fact, even hammer fired guns are not immune to the interplay of forces in differing directions, the entire USP line of pistols when you decock them play a game of what spring is stronger between the hammer and decocker and if the latter loses the gun will fire right there. Look that one up if you want to see German confidence in engineering lol!

This is one of the reason that I as a young guy actually like the "old man" 1911/2011 gun design in particular for appendix carry since I never have to know in the back of my mind that if two springs get lazy my gun can actually fire on it's own even if the chance is extremely low. It may be considered ancient and overcomplicated by many but in reality it's has dedicated parts for every function and is a in my opinion far better design that is simply more costly to produce but if executed correctly has no mechanical equal yet.
Carry gun:Wilson Carry Comp Custom .45S Pocket carry:on loan Other 1911s:WC Supergrade Accucomp .38, WC BW Opticomp, WC CQB Compact, WC CQB Professional, WC Super Sentinel, WC CQB Elite 9mm, WC EDC X9, WC X9S, Ed Brown SR, NHC Predator II Opticomp, NHC T3 Hardchrome, Kimber Ultra, ATI Tactical, RIA Tactical 10mm, Kimber Ultra Diamond 9mm, Detonics Combat Master MKVI, Colt Centennial .460 Roland

Last edited by Striker2237; 05-27-2020 at 11:35 AM.
Old 05-27-2020, 01:51 PM

Following up...

The pistol was not on her bedside table. It was on mine. I was facing away from the table when it went off.

The pistol came to me directly from a dealer, who represented it as a police turn-in. It was paid for by a friend as a surprise gift.

We do not have a cat, a ferret, or any other pets or infestations that would account for this, nor did the pistol get caught up in the bedding or tinkered with by anything supernatural. You would think a responsible person would have considered all of those possibilities before asking a string of strangers for their insights, so thanks for making a mockery of a serious situation.

Those of you wondering where the OP went can thank the peanut gallery for their maturity.

The pistol is on its way to an armorer I trust. I spent years as a consumer fraud investigator, so I'm disinclined to hand this piece off to Glock themselves to inspect until I have an objective word on this. It's also why I didn't post the question on the Glock board, not particularly wanting to hear the Greek chorus of Glock fans crying foul.

Anyone genuinely interested in the armorer's findings can PM me.

Many thanks to those of you who offered productive and useful insights.

Last edited by theelderbrother; 05-27-2020 at 01:59 PM.
Old 05-27-2020, 02:28 PM

I for one would love to know what your armorer finds, OP. As the owner of a few Glocks, this is something I'm definitely interested in hearing.
Old 05-27-2020, 02:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mhl6493 View Post
I for one would love to know what your armorer finds, OP. As the owner of a few Glocks, this is something I'm definitely interested in hearing.
I agree.

It seems like it would be a public service for the forum if they OP would let us know the findings. A string of individual PM's doesn't seem like a worthwhile way to share information.
Old 05-27-2020, 03:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomgetch View Post
Letís think about this a bit. In a properly maintained glock that passes the safety tests, this would be impossible. A sear, cruciform properly on the trigger housing shelf could not move down to release the firing pin, even if it did, the firing pin stop would have to fail as well. Any gun owner should understand the safety checks for that firearm.
+1

This is true. Also, the trigger has to move in conjunction with the other parts thus defeating the trigger safety. There are three safeties on a Glock that have to be cleared for it to fire.

The 2nd Amendment: The original Homeland Security Bill
Old 05-27-2020, 04:07 PM

I will PM the OP. The reason I am reluctant to cry B.S. is because I don't honestly know that much about the inner workings of a Glock. I thought about buying one about a year and a half ago. I wanted a Glock 23. Then I realized I could get a new S&W M&P 2.0 Compact that was roughly the same size, the same caliber & would serve the same purpose for the same price I could get a used Glock for.

I still might decide to get one someday. Besides the whole reason I started joining different firearm forum boards was that I wanted to learn.
Old 05-27-2020, 04:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xhair View Post
For those who are interested, here is an informative youtube on safety checking Glocks. It is something I feel should be done on a reasonable interval as part of normal maintenance or whenever parts are changed out.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LFk_nq0HcEc
I saw that when someone else posted it. Great video and very informative. Interestly enough, Johnny uses terms like sear and cruciform. Also explains how the guns can become less that fully safe with poor modding. Good information on real drop testing versus dropping the empty gun on a softer surface.

I recall the situation with the Gen 2 Glock that started the upgrade push. Can't call it a recall as that would look bad. Not only did SIG out-Glock Glock in getting the P320 contracts. SIG did the same again when the P320 issues popped up. They used the old Glock, "Upgrade, not a recall."

R.I.P. Miss Andi. It was a fine, long run old pup and I miss ya. AIW
Old 05-27-2020, 04:43 PM

As long as we are all here, has anyone installed an thumb safety on a G36 or any Glock?
The why is not the issue?
Thanks.

Glad the OP sent it to an independent.
Thx and hopefully the thread drift is okay OP.

FYI: Sleep Walk was the beginning of the rise of Steel guitars and helped motivate the rise of the Pedal Steel Guitar.
My Sho Bud from '72.
Guess there's no need for a tune called, Cat Walk.
"When Cowgirls are Singing, the boys in the band play in tune"
Attached Thumbnails
7AA664A6-B240-4A8B-8BD6-724D7B446116.jpeg  
Old 05-27-2020, 05:16 PM

Didn't read everyone's responses, just the ops and page 2

was the gun loaded and left on your table NOT in a holster or with something protecting the trigger?

Did the gun cycle after firing the shot?

Glad you sent it out to get inspected. bubba gun smiths (and that includes cops) ruin more stock glock parts doing the 25 cent trigger job.
Old 05-27-2020, 05:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imissedagain View Post
As long as we are all here, has anyone installed an thumb safety on a G36 or any Glock?
The why is not the issue?
Thanks.

Glad the OP sent it to an independent.
Thx and hopefully the thread drift is okay OP. [IMG class=inlineimg]https://forums.1911forum.com/images/smilies/smile.gif[/IMG]

FYI: Sleep Walk was the beginning of the rise of Steel guitars and helped motivate the rise of the Pedal Steel Guitar.
My Sho Bud from '72.
Guess there's no need for a tune called, Cat Walk. [IMG class=inlineimg]https://forums.1911forum.com/images/smilies/wink.gif[/IMG]
"When Cowgirls are Singing, the boys in the band play in tune" [IMG class=inlineimg]https://forums.1911forum.com/images/smilies/biggrin.gif[/IMG]
It doesn't need one, no mechanical reason for it.
Old 05-27-2020, 05:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by theelderbrother View Post
I'm asking this here because I doubt I'll get a straight answer on the Glock forums. This is going to be an indictment of striker-fired pistols.

A while back I was given a Gen 3 Glock 17 as a gift by a friend. I usually carry a Colt Rail Gun, and have for years, so it was a different experience. The piece in question was a police turn-in, so it had some miles on it.

The Glock has been assigned to be my bedside gun, so it sits on the table next to my bed. I wear the 1911 everywhere else.

Well, last night my wife and I woke up to the sound of a gunshot, and found that the Glock had fired. Nothing had acted on it physically. It didn't fall off the table. It didn't get caught up in the bedsheets. It was in the same position as where I left it, give or take, and the damned thing just fired.

I have had to assure my wife consistently over the years that things like that cannot happen, and thanks to this Glock, I am now on her **** list and no longer have any credibility on the subject. As you can imagine, it's been a very uncomfortable day.

Can anyone help me understand exactly how this might have happened? I'm going to have to destroy this piece, but before I run it through the band saw and turn it into a paperweight, I'd like to hear any advice any of you can share.

I'm disgusted. We all know the sensibility about how we keep guns to help protect the people we can about, and this one apparently did the exact opposite.

Many thanks in advance for your insights.
Ive carried a glock19C since 2012 possibly shot over 3k rounds through it but lost count, have not changed one part yet an its chambred 24/7 and a handful of times it fell off a table out of my hands and hit the ground loaded and never fired..

I dont think its a GLock issue but a possible firearm with an unknown issue..

I own a Colt 45 1911a1 i redid but its way heavy for a personal carry for me anyway, so my glock 19C ported is with me all the time and on my nightstand , in hot vehicle sometimes etc..not one issue..

glad no one was hurt but dont hate glock they are durable and reliable..
Old 05-27-2020, 05:33 PM

GONRA suggests - MAYBE it's NOT a Really Good Idea to hava CHAMBERED ROUND in a "Night Table Pistol" REGARDLESS of all the mechanical safety gizmos?
Old 05-27-2020, 05:36 PM

Well here is the deal for me, not that most of you care, but: I wouldn't own a gun that can 'self fire' under ANY circumstances. I'm not interested in blame, whether it be wear, maintenance or the cat.... No S&W double action revolver EVER fired by itself nor have I ever heard of, nor can I imagine how a 1911 WITH HAMMER DOWN, could fire on it's own. Those are my two GO TO systems for carry or night tabe or to hide an extra in the cat bed...have been for seventy years. No plastic.. no gizmos... no gadgets... just common sense gun smithing and assembly. CUT THEM ALL UP before someone hurts themselves with a wonder shooter-proof 'safety' gun.