Forum   Reviews   Rules   Legal   Site Supporters & Donations   Advertise

Go Back   1911Forum > >

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 05-01-2020, 05:05 AM

Armed protestors enter Michigan capital and demand end to lockdown

https://www.breitbart.com/news/armed...-lockdown-end/
Old 05-01-2020, 10:59 AM

Michigan governor looks like a guy in drag.
Anyone checked under the hood?

...and NO I am not volunteering....

Last edited by Barefootdog; 05-01-2020 at 11:03 AM.
Old 05-01-2020, 12:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flight Medic View Post
I am assuming that they were legally armed. If they are willing to do it for COVID 19, we all should be willing to do it for the Second Amendment.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-01-2020, 01:45 PM

I don't get it. These idiots dressing up like soldiers make us all look bad.
Old 05-01-2020, 01:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fishman33 View Post
Yep. Just another excuse for basement dwelling mall ninjas to play dress up....
Old 05-01-2020, 02:03 PM

They are certainly not helping things.

Quote:
The anti gun people will take this and run with it, as usual.
Old 05-01-2020, 03:54 PM

Maybe I am missing something here. Pro gun people who were dressed similarly held a protest in VA and most everyone here supported them. I don't recall many post saying they were hurting the pro gun cause. These people are peacefully and legally protesting their rights just like the people in VA did. Maybe if there was a whole lot more of these protest a few more politicians would pay attention.

They are protesting for a different but still important right and they are wearing mask which was frowned upon in VA but they may not all be basement dwelling mall ninjas playing dress up. That kind of sounds like something the Don Lemon crowd would say.
Old 05-01-2020, 04:31 PM

No don lemon fan here. But as one who fully supported the 2A event, this event had isn’t 2A related.

Constitutionally related?, ok. But I stand by my statement. Further, despite repeated requests to dress ‘appropriately’ at the 2A rally by the organizers, many of the out of breath, chunky monkey wannabes couldn’t resist an occasion to play dress up, nor respect the wishes of the organizers.

No different in my mind to many other professional protesters, just look at the ‘traveling Bundy circus’ hangers on.....

None of them do the rest of us much if any good.
Old 05-01-2020, 04:42 PM

I am in no way a Don Lemon guy, a liberal or a democrat. I posted the same sentiment on the Va march. Half of this country hates guns, they don't understand why anyone would need one, and see us as a bunch of irresponsible rednecks. These goofballs playing dress up and carrying AR rifles with chest packs and tactical gear only because they "can" just confirms this.

Ever see a "gay pride" parade in a big city? Bunch of lunatics dressed as the opposite sex in short shorts bobby socks and carrying 6 foot long foam penises down the street. It's ridiculous and a bad representation of the group as a whole.

Gentlemen own guns. Sportsmen own guns. Mothers and grandmothers own guns. But what we see and what everyone sees as the "gun owner" in America are these knuckleheads trying to prove a point in the wrong way.
Old 05-01-2020, 04:53 PM

As a Michigander, I am appalled that those morons chose to come to this protest armed. Especially those in tactical vests and AR platform rifles. The flippin protest was supposed to be all about our idiot Governor and the ridiculous stay at home order, with the goal of opening up the State to get business rolling again.

NRA Life Member, Patron Level
Old 05-01-2020, 04:56 PM

You may not be fans of Don Lemon but I am sure he would love to get your views on the rest of us lowly peon gun owners.
Old 05-01-2020, 04:58 PM

I am a citizen of Michigan and have been reluctant to comment on this situation. This protest was in no way related to the 2A. With that being said it WAS related to the Constitution. Which does include ALL of the Constitution. I really wasn't thrilled by seeing all these people in their tactical gear. Did they have the right? Bet your ass they did. Were they breaking any laws? No they weren't. I'm thinking that these individuals thought it would be more "news worthy" by doing this. All involved were peacefully protesting. I just think that they could have toned down the tactical gear thing and still could have made their point. I really don't think they needed to wear all that gear to make their point. I've also read a lot of posts in other places of how if they were black they all would have been arrested and/or shot. Which I DON'T agree with. But I do agree it does put a negative picture upon the 2A crowd. Especially the way the media loves to protray us all. Just look at how they covered the first protest with most everyone in their vehicles.
Old 05-01-2020, 04:59 PM

What is really funny is that people moan and bitch about what politicians are doing to our country then they turn around and moan and bitch about how protesters dressed and carried out a peaceful and legal protest.
Old 05-01-2020, 07:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SC shooter View Post
What is really funny is that people moan and bitch about what politicians are doing to our country then they turn around and moan and bitch about how protesters dressed and carried out a peaceful and legal protest.
Funny........and true. Some people will complain on a sunny day that the sky is not blue enough.
Old 05-01-2020, 07:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SC shooter View Post
This.
It absolutely is a 2A issue. As well as a 1A issue and a Constitution issue. These liberal governors are wanting to (and some have already said they will) extend the lockdowns in their states INDEFINITELY until THEY say when life can return to normal. Are citizens supposed to just suck it up while the elitist turds do what they want? The protesters were carrying their guns legally and not threatening anyone. Who cares what they’re dressed like. The liberal media would call them “gun nuts” or “right wing extremists” even if they would have been dressed in jeans and t-shirts. Now the media is also saying that exercising your 1A rights against these governors is “right wing”.
A national/state emergency or pandemic doesn’t mean they automatically get to suspend the Constitution.
Old 05-01-2020, 08:24 PM

No, and that thinking is part of the problem.

Inability to stay on topic, and not dress up like the morons is a pretty basic thought process.

Argue the issue. That behavior is legal. They were within their rights. Including their rights to act like morons.

It wasn’t breaking any rules......except those concerning maturity, IQ, and common sense.
Old 05-01-2020, 08:34 PM

Do these guys know that if they'd just join the military, they could dress like that for real every day? Plus, good ole Uncle Sam would pay for all their duds, weapons, ammo and MREs. I think they're missing out on a real opportunity to play Rambo for real. Ole Uncle Sam would be more than willing to put them in places where they can shoot at real bad guys. Of course the bad guys shoot back, which can be a drag. But they do get all the free stuff anyway.
Old 05-01-2020, 09:08 PM

Yeah, what a bunch of mall ninjas.

God bless every single one.
Attached Thumbnails
EW4dQBzX0AE4_b1.png  
Old 05-01-2020, 09:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by f1racefan View Post
Do these guys know that if they'd just join the military, they could dress like that for real every day? Plus, good ole Uncle Sam would pay for all their duds, weapons, ammo and MREs. I think they're missing out on a real opportunity to play Rambo for real. Ole Uncle Sam would be more than willing to put them in places where they can shoot at real bad guys. Of course the bad guys shoot back, which can be a drag. But they do get all the free stuff anyway.
Excellent!😂
Old 05-01-2020, 09:54 PM

Jos. A. Bank

Quote:
I am in no way a Don Lemon guy, a liberal or a democrat. I posted the same sentiment on the Va march. Half of this country hates guns, they don't understand why anyone would need one, and see us as a bunch of irresponsible rednecks. These goofballs playing dress up and carrying AR rifles with chest packs and tactical gear only because they "can" just confirms this.

Ever see a "gay pride" parade in a big city? Bunch of lunatics dressed as the opposite sex in short shorts bobby socks and carrying 6 foot long foam penises down the street. It's ridiculous and a bad representation of the group as a whole.

Gentlemen own guns. Sportsmen own guns. Mothers and grandmothers own guns. But what we see and what everyone sees as the "gun owner" in America are these knuckleheads trying to prove a point in the wrong way.
Its too bad that the mothers, grandmothers and gentlemen aren't willing to get out and protest like the "knuckleheads". If these same guys would show up in a nice single-breasted suit or Khakis and Polos WITH an AR-15 would it make a difference?? I mean, is it just the Mossy Oak outfits and matching caps that make em look ignorant...or is it the rifle?

Perhaps if someone one instructed them to "dress as if you're appearing in court as a defendant".

Last edited by Flight Medic; 05-01-2020 at 10:01 PM.
Old 05-01-2020, 10:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by f1racefan View Post
Yeah, but then they cant sit on the sofa, drink beer and watch NASCAR. Plus, they'd be forced to shower with blacks, Mexicans and jews...and that's just unacceptable (sarcasm intended).
Old 05-01-2020, 10:11 PM

To me it's BOTH the rifle AND the camo that are lame & pointless.

Because neither has a dang thing to do with what they are protesting about.

If you are going to use cosplay & props, make them relevant to the subject.
Old 05-01-2020, 10:46 PM
Administrator

I was brought up to believe that brandishing weapons like that is only for making threats. Showing up with guns just to argue with your representatives about something not directly related to guns is very irresponsible in my book, unless you're threatening to use said weapons if you don't get what you want.

If you don't see a problem with that, then bring your AR with you the next time you decide to argue with your neighbor about his barking dog and see what happens. Same thing as far as I'm concerned.
Avoid the temptation to replace everything on your brand-new 1911 just to make it "better". Know what you're changing out and why. You may spend a lot of money fixing things that weren't broken to begin with. Shoot at least 500 rounds through it first, then decide what you don't like and want to improve. Regarding vintage 1911s, pre-1970 pistols are highly collectible in original, unaltered condition and should NEVER be refinished or modified as it completely ruins their monetary value.
Old 05-01-2020, 11:45 PM

Some people love suits and driving Ferraris, others like pick up trucks and military gear. I am not going to dump on anyone that took the time and made the effort to come out and support all or any part of the Constitution. Maybe the ones with guns felt there was a link, or wanted to make the link themselves to put a light on gun issues. Whatever their thoughts, I'm not going to turn up my nose at anyone who showed up. The folks in tactical gear are fine with me. They've stood beside us many times. They have my respect and support.
Old 05-02-2020, 12:00 AM

The big difference here is.

That the people in Michigan were all boiled up about things put into place to protect us all from a highly lethal pandemic. Not things that were put into place that would curtail the right to keep and bear arms.

In contrast the demonstrations in Richmond VA on lobby day this year were completely different. These demonstrators, (myself amongst them) were there for a completely different reason. This being that the right to keep and bear arms itself was coming under fire. Thus it being entirely the time and place to do so. This being to show up armed. Totally different sets of circumstances calling for entirely different responses.

Some people just do not get it. If you wish to send a message, by all means do so. But it is important to keep things within the proper context. Getting all militant about your right to get sick and cause others to get sick as well. Let it suffice to say that this says a lot about you, but nothing good.
Closed Thread