New X-Tac Elite Carry Comp - 1911Forum
1911Forum
Advertise Here
Forum   Reviews   Rules   Legal   Site Supporters & Donations   Advertise

Go Back   1911Forum > >

Notices

Old 02-22-2020, 02:19 PM

New X-Tac Elite Carry Comp

Finally got my new X-Tac Elite Carry Comp. Went with the X-Tac platform but with some of the styling cues from the Carry Comp. Stainless small parts, Ambi safety, 3 Hole trigger, G10 Star Burst grips, Semi extended slide stop etc. This is a really beautiful pistol in person. Solid, quality build.

First range trip was a pistol skill course. Ran great, 300 rounds no ammo failures. I did find mid shooting that a coupe of times the pistol would not fire. Thought it might be my high grip pushing slightly up on the right safety. I would slow down and adjust my grip and all was well. Afterword I did some dry fire exercises to see if it was my grip hitting the safety. I usually rest my thump on the top of the safety so this should have held down the right side safety. I believe what was happening was not pushing up on the safety but gripping so high my palm was not holding in the grip safety. I adjusted my grip to strong thumb over my weak thumb and I had a firmer palm grip. I am going to the range tomorrow so will see if this helps.

Last edited by GTTom; 02-22-2020 at 02:27 PM.
Old 02-22-2020, 03:50 PM

What no picture????

We have to see this thing :-).

I have the same gun in 45 black slide (the glossy type) over burnt-bronze, one of my favorite guns, shoots great, and aesthetically very appealing with all that "Elite" trim on it. And the Xtac grip is the best thing since sliced bread.

Sounds like you are on track with the 2 click-no-bangs. If you don't resolve it with your technique, send it back to Wilson to tweak the GS. I had to do that with one of my 5 WCs NOOB. WC is always happy to do the right thing.

Many congratulations...
Ekeibolon - Jeff Cooper

Last edited by combat auto; 02-22-2020 at 03:55 PM.
Old 02-22-2020, 03:55 PM

A great acquisition! (Obviously I'm a huge Carry Comp enthusiast, as it is my most frequent carry gun).

You've likely already made an accurate diagnosis of those two instances when "nothing happened".

Added thought (albeit rather obvious): One "mostly good" thing about a 1911 is the robust combination of safety devices ... if they're not all in proper ready/fire position (state), which thankfully was brilliantly designed by JMB for both intuitiveness and safety, the gun won't fire. And thus, C-1 carry works quite nicely.

"Freedom is only a temporary thing unless it is backed by the blunt capability and willingness to fight back against evil with sufficient arms." -- Myself

Last edited by chrysanthemum; 02-22-2020 at 04:38 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-22-2020, 03:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrysanthemum View Post
A great acquisition! (Obviously I'm a huge Carry Comp enthusiast, as it is my most frequent carry gun).

You've likely already made an accurate diagnosis of those two instances when "nothing happened".
^^^^This (is) the man who started the WC-CC "movement" many years ago. It started slow, but now it is almost as big as the MAGA-Movement!...Wonder what this says about how we aged over the last 10 years or so :-).
Ekeibolon - Jeff Cooper
Old 02-22-2020, 04:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by combat auto View Post
^^^^This (is) the man who started the WC-CC "movement" many years ago. It started slow, but now it is almost as big as the MAGA-Movement!...Wonder what this says about how we aged over the last 10 years or so :-).
Thank you and +1911 on all thoughts!. I must, however, give any big credits to Wilson and some other early innovators who preceded my CC acquisition ... as well as to a fine gentleman (salesperson) who took me aside one day and said I've got something really special, something that just arrived in our receiving backroom, for you today....and I wanted to show it to you first. Before that, I was mostly a S&W customer (a fine gun but not a Wilson).

"Freedom is only a temporary thing unless it is backed by the blunt capability and willingness to fight back against evil with sufficient arms." -- Myself

Last edited by chrysanthemum; 02-22-2020 at 04:47 PM.
Old 02-22-2020, 07:30 PM

Dang! I had photos attached when I posted? I was online at my daughters house and her internet was acting a little weird. Lets try this again....
Attached Thumbnails
37C91D59-94EE-4582-BF54-F76150840DA8_1_201_a.jpeg   4FC68207-B91E-4EFE-91E1-3EFE84D0A91A_1_201_a.jpeg   1B20E6EB-E2C4-490C-A091-ED2D5C2285B9_1_201_a.jpeg  
Old 02-22-2020, 07:35 PM
Super Moderator

Looks really sharp! Nice job of accenting the black everything with the stainless small parts and silver medallions!

Army M.P. 1971 - 1972
Wilsons: Several; Kimbers: 10mm (Wilsonized), .38S (Wilson barrel)
Old 02-22-2020, 10:24 PM

Beautiful, very, very beautiful!

While I personally tend to choose an all-black look, with silver medallions being the only deviation from the all black palette, the combination you've chosen is spectacularly beautiful. Stainless and black is almost always a winner. Maybe someday I'll have one. (I guess I like all 1911s that are well-planned/well-spec'd both functionality and aesthetically).

Last edited by chrysanthemum; 02-22-2020 at 10:30 PM.
Old 02-23-2020, 01:08 AM

Great looking gun, I love the Stainless small parts.
Old 02-24-2020, 06:07 AM

In addition to my comments above, WOW! that is really a very cool looking gun...And unique too which in my book gets it extra "points"...
Ekeibolon - Jeff Cooper
Old 02-24-2020, 11:28 AM

9mm or 45acp?

I think it looks GREAT! Might be inspiration for #4!

Old 02-24-2020, 11:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrish View Post
9mm or 45acp?

I think it looks GREAT! Might be inspiration for #4!

Get a .45 chambered one man lol! .45 super adds so much capability to carry gun and you can still shoot 9mm power loads f wanted
Carry gun:Wilson Carry Comp Custom .45S Pocket carry:on loan Other 1911s:WC Supergrade Accucomp .38, WC BW Opticomp, WC CQB Compact, WC CQB Professional, WC Super Sentinel, WC CQB Elite 9mm, WC EDC X9, WC X9S, Ed Brown SR, NHC Predator II Opticomp, NHC T3 Hardchrome, Kimber Ultra, ATI Tactical, RIA Tactical 10mm, Kimber Ultra Diamond 9mm, Detonics Combat Master MKVI, Colt Centennial .460 Roland
Old 02-24-2020, 01:02 PM

It’s 9mm. And yes it’s easy shooting in 9mm. I just may consider a 45 comp in the future

Last edited by GTTom; 02-24-2020 at 01:04 PM.
Old 02-25-2020, 06:58 AM

An easy way to make the transition from 9 to 45 is to shoot 40-50 rounds of Shotgun before you shoot your 45. The 45 will then feel like low power 9mm ball at least for the rest of the range session anyway. It wasn't planed for this purpose (I only have 1 9 and many 45's), but it happen to me last week.
Ekeibolon - Jeff Cooper