EDC X9s Initial review - Page 2 - 1911Forum
1911Forum
Advertise Here
Forum   Reviews   Rules   Legal   Site Supporters & Donations   Advertise

Go Back   1911Forum > >

Notices

Old 05-18-2020, 04:13 PM

Sounds like there are enough questions to begin thinking about sending it back for a thorough "mothership" inspection and testing. But I totally understand that most of us like to do everything we can, ourselves, before seeking such help... it's good to be reasonably sure that there is a problem, that we can describe the problem(s) as accurately as possible, and that it's not something we can easily address without help.

"Freedom is only a temporary thing unless it is backed by the blunt capability and willingness to fight back against evil with sufficient arms." -- Myself
Old 05-18-2020, 05:15 PM

It's going back tomorrow, I have a label already and they are very surprised there was an issue since according to Kent I'm the first person with a problem
Carry gun:Wilson Carry Comp Custom .45S Pocket carry:on loan Other 1911s:WC Supergrade Accucomp .38, WC BW Opticomp, WC CQB Compact, WC CQB Professional, WC Super Sentinel, WC CQB Elite 9mm, WC EDC X9, WC X9S, Ed Brown SR, NHC Predator II Opticomp, NHC T3 Hardchrome, Kimber Ultra, ATI Tactical, RIA Tactical 10mm, Kimber Ultra Diamond 9mm, Detonics Combat Master MKVI, Colt Centennial .460 Roland
Old 05-18-2020, 05:27 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Striker2237 View Post
It's going back tomorrow, I have a label already and they are very surprised there was an issue since according to Kent I'm the first person with a problem
There's a first time for everything. I'm surprised though that it isn't pit having the issue (he seems to be a magnet for the ones with issues lately; maybe his luck is looking up! )

Army M.P. 1971 - 1972
Wilsons: Several; Kimbers: 10mm (Wilsonized), .38S (Wilson barrel)
Old 05-18-2020, 05:34 PM

Quote:

I am interested to hear the outcome. I actually sent my X9S back last week, the end of the captured recoils spring stood proud of the end of the slide after my last outing. I had a issue with my X9 and while talking with Kent I mentioned the guide rod standing proud of the slide, he suggested I send it back in. The issue with my recoil rod was that the loctite had let loose causing the recaptured recoil rod to start to unscrew. Matter of a fact I just received UPS tracking info for it, X9 should be ready later this week I decided to change the thumb safety & slide release to the ones from the X9S.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Pray for our Soldiers as you pass that Church...
Proud Father of a medically retired Cav Trooper...
Old 05-18-2020, 07:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric View Post
I am interested to hear the outcome. I actually sent my X9S back last week, the end of the captured recoils spring stood proud of the end of the slide after my last outing. I had a issue with my X9 and while talking with Kent I mentioned the guide rod standing proud of the slide, he suggested I send it back in. The issue with my recoil rod was that the loctite had let loose causing the recaptured recoil rod to start to unscrew. Matter of a fact I just received UPS tracking info for it, X9 should be ready later this week I decided to change the thumb safety & slide release to the ones from the X9S.

Ah so that was you he was mentioning when he asked about mine doing that lol! At least that issue is more easily fixed in your case
Carry gun:Wilson Carry Comp Custom .45S Pocket carry:on loan Other 1911s:WC Supergrade Accucomp .38, WC BW Opticomp, WC CQB Compact, WC CQB Professional, WC Super Sentinel, WC CQB Elite 9mm, WC EDC X9, WC X9S, Ed Brown SR, NHC Predator II Opticomp, NHC T3 Hardchrome, Kimber Ultra, ATI Tactical, RIA Tactical 10mm, Kimber Ultra Diamond 9mm, Detonics Combat Master MKVI, Colt Centennial .460 Roland
Old 05-18-2020, 07:52 PM

To me at the time i figured I was doing something wrong with the reassembly but I took it down and back together 5 or 6 times with the same results, 1/8” sticking out the end.

Old 05-18-2020, 08:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grandpas50AE View Post
There's a first time for everything. I'm surprised though that it isn't pit having the issue (he seems to be a magnet for the ones with issues lately; maybe his luck is looking up! )
Hey, I resemble that remark!
Old 05-19-2020, 04:54 AM

Quote:
Good move, as I have been saying, your particular gun is the anomaly which should be looked into...If there were several with a similar problem I would have advised differently (perhaps :-)).

It is not that I am a big-fan of this particular WC model at this price point per se, but one thing (is) certain: WC isn't going to put out a 9mm offering (at this price point) which has excessive/recoil-discomfort above and beyond the variety of plastic fantastic out there also in 9mm. There would just be too much incongruity with the existing WC-brand, engineering, and quality.

Please keep us updated as to what they find it may turn out to be interesting.
Ekeibolon - Jeff Cooper

Last edited by combat auto; 05-19-2020 at 06:41 AM.
Old 05-19-2020, 08:38 PM

Hope you can get the oddities worked out with this gun, Striker.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jr24 View Post
Poor punctuation on my part, was meant to be "something wrong with your gun, crowd". Definitely seems to be something wrong with that gun.

Not the folks shooting it, those hands looked beat up bad, spring issue does sound probable.
Understood.

I have some serious issues with my autocorrect features on my laptop, lol. I'll type something that comes out way off from my intention.
Old 05-20-2020, 10:48 AM

Not to take over the thread, but my X9S's (rail version) frame overhangs the slide by about 0.5mm. The guide rod is proud the slide by about the same amount. Visually, it's kind of annoying that either are not flush. Should I contact Wilson, or just let it be? Thought I'd ask since I saw you guys talking about guide rods standing proud of the slide.

edit* attached a pic
Attached Thumbnails
IMG-2428.jpg  

Last edited by battbot; 05-20-2020 at 10:57 AM.
Old 05-20-2020, 11:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by battbot View Post
Not to take over the thread, but my X9S's (rail version) frame overhangs the slide by about 0.5mm. The guide rod is proud the slide by about the same amount. Visually, it's kind of annoying that either are not flush. Should I contact Wilson, or just let it be? Thought I'd ask since I saw you guys talking about guide rods standing proud of the slide.

edit* attached a pic
Mine will be having those types of inconsistency corrected, the reverse flush cut crown is also like yours and not level with the slide and some other things I am saving for the full review.
Old 05-20-2020, 11:37 AM

Quote:
Mine will be having those types of inconsistency corrected, the reverse flush cut crown is also like yours and not level with the slide and some other things I am saving for the full review.
I see. Do you think you could PM me the contact info for the Wilson rep that's helping you? That way he will already be familiar with the issues I would be describing. Thanks in advance.
Old 05-20-2020, 11:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by battbot View Post
I see. Do you think you could PM me the contact info for the Wilson rep that's helping you? That way he will already be familiar with the issues I would be describing. Thanks in advance.
Kenny handles all of the warranty return issues. Ext. 107.

NRA Benefactor Life Member
Old 05-20-2020, 11:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by apipeguy View Post
Kenny handles all of the warranty return issues. Ext. 107.
Thanks!
Old 05-21-2020, 10:29 AM

Quote:
Ah so that was you he was mentioning when he asked about mine doing that lol! At least that issue is more easily fixed in your case
I got my X9S back yesterday, 12 days from shipping it off to them. I was able to put 55 rounds through it last night with no issues. The captured recoil spring rod was replaced under warranty. I am at 605 rounds through mine and really like it. The wife and I are heading out of town for the next 12 days, once I get back I plan on putting another 400 rounds through it and then feel comfortable carrying it away from the house. The 55 rounds last night were not painful and to me it shoots and behaves a lot like a Glock 26. Hopefully they will get yours sorted out quickly also.

Old 05-21-2020, 09:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric View Post
I got my X9S back yesterday, 12 days from shipping it off to them. I was able to put 55 rounds through it last night with no issues. The captured recoil spring rod was replaced under warranty. I am at 605 rounds through mine and really like it. The wife and I are heading out of town for the next 12 days, once I get back I plan on putting another 400 rounds through it and then feel comfortable carrying it away from the house. The 55 rounds last night were not painful and to me it shoots and behaves a lot like a Glock 26. Hopefully they will get yours sorted out quickly also.
That is encouraging to hear.

Hope it continues as desired.
Old 05-26-2020, 06:17 PM

Gave it another try before sending it back, had 400 no issues? I'm happy with this but I swear these things I will when you have a return label, only failed once with an extreme left handed limp wrist that was as near as to shooting it without holding it I could get
Old 06-05-2020, 12:08 PM

range

I forgot to post some range shots here as I had posted them on another conversation area. Since this was an area also covering the 9s thought I would add it here also.

This was a range day to do at least 400+ rds for I was wanting to complete the recommended break in. Was a great day for shooting and the weapon was flawless. All were Federal, 115 grain.

These was just a few of the first targets so I could get photos of them and then get down to having fun.

My brother was with me and I let him shot a few mags, he was blown away at how well he was shooting with this thing. He also said he is a RMR fan now.

Distance was 17 yards and was a bit windy. 1/2 standing and 1/2 sitting. When I would really take my time and had some bracing I feel this thing would drive nails. If I was younger and didn't have some back issues I would have done all standing (one reason I use an RMR).

Could not be happier with this as my daily carry, well a bit cheaper would have made me happier. LOL but I fell worth it!
Attached Thumbnails
20200512_153211.jpg   20200512_153207.jpg   20200512_142044.jpg   20200417_121857.jpg  
Bob Curry-- Roll Tide-WC Stainless Protector with Trijicon RMR type2; WC Stainless Sentinel 9mm; WC Stainless EDC X9 with Trijicon RMR type2; WC EDC X9S with RMR. Ruger Mark IV 22 cal Hunter; Bond Arms Derringer 45 cal;. A couple others.
Old 06-05-2020, 12:54 PM

Nice shooting Bob. Looks like you have a winner for an EDC piece. Thanks for the update.