1911Forum banner

Para 10mm Hunter long slide

2K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  Desolo 
#1 ·
I've had this beautiful gun since right after it came out and it's been sitting in my safe for most of that time. Has about 200 rds. through it. Now my question - I noticed that the mags won't insert unless you have the mag release pushed in at the same time. It also won't take the fully loaded mag unless you have the slide locked back. Of course when you release the slide a cartridge is automatically loaded into the chamber.
I have S&W and Kimber 1911's and neither work like this. You can insert the full mag with the slide closed and you don't need to hold the relase button either. I am using Para factory mags.

#2 ·
The factory mags really only hold 8 for all practical purposes, even though they were billed as 9rd mags.

They will never lock in on a closed slide with 9 rounds loaded, and in some cases if the mag is loaded with 9, and the slide is dropped from the slide lock, it can miss feed ( or atleast that is my experience).

Most outfits that sell the OEM Checkmates label them as 8rd magazines these days.

I love my LS Hunter, and wish I'd gotten another before Para went under... easily one of the best guns they ever made. Ive heard the remington Hunter is close, but is distinctly different.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.