Ed Brown adds the KC9-LW to the EVO Series of Pistols - 1911Forum
1911Forum
Advertise Here
Forum   Reviews   Rules   Legal   Site Supporters & Donations   Advertise

Go Back   1911Forum > >

Notices

Old 06-28-2019, 11:20 AM

Ed Brown adds the KC9-LW to the EVO Series of Pistols

Having re-defined the custom handgun market with the EVO series - combining modern design, fixed configurations, and state-of-the-art manufacturing in small custom batches, to produce this series at a 30% lower price point, making it the best value to be found in hand-crafted custom handguns. The EVO-KC9-LW is the newest model in the EVO series.

Starting with a lightweight aluminum frame, the KC9-LW weighs in at just 27 ounces, and perfect for daily carry, with a Bobtailģ housing and concealed carry grip safety. Featuring Snakeskin treatment on the frontstrap and Bobtailģ, itís just the right amount of grip, while being snag-free. The slide has been shortened to 4", and thinned substantially for weight reduction. It also includes a 7-top custom slide cut, with special front and rear serrations for a tactile surface. A modern, external extractor, easy-to-change front sight, smaller Tactical Edge rear sight, fluted bull barrel, and a flat wire recoil spring system, and slim grips finish out the package.

Like all other Ed Brown 1911's, the KC9 is hand-built from fully machined components, loaded with custom features, and backed by a written Lifetime Warranty. This pistol offers an exceptional value with the price of just $2295.00. For more info please visit us at https://www.edbrown.com/evo-kc9-lw to find out all the specs. To get one for yourself, check with your local Ed Brown Dealer or visit us at www.edbrown.com
Old 06-29-2019, 11:41 PM

From your website and the last part of the text there..

Quote:
• No changes are allowed in order to maintain manufacturing efficiencies, but consistent with the “Evolution” concept, we will be varying the configurations from batch to batch, which will lead to a proliferation of different versions. You will be sure to find something you love.
Will one of these future variants maybe include a regular butt or round butt model?
I like the gun but don’t really prefer a bobtail.
COTEP#782
Old 07-09-2019, 09:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7.62Kolectr View Post

Will one of these future variants maybe include a regular butt or round butt model?
I like the gun but donít really prefer a bobtail.
At this time there are two the EVO-E9 https://www.edbrown.com/e9 with our one piece magwell and The EVO-CCO9 https://www.edbrown.com/evo-cco with a nicely rounded butt for you to pick from. Based on the popularity of the EVO Series I am sure there will be more variations coming and FYI those are based on customer interest.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-09-2019, 09:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7.62Kolectr View Post

I like the gun but donít really prefer a bobtail.
At this time there are two options to the Bobtailģ, first is the EVO-E9 https://www.edbrown.com/e9 with our one piece magwell. Your second option is the EVO-CCO9 https://www.edbrown.com/evo-cco with a nicely rounded butt. Giving you two to choose from already. Based on the popularity of the EVO Series I am sure there will be more variations coming and FYI those are based on customer interest.
Old 08-17-2019, 06:10 AM

Sorry not trying to derail the thread, but I’m currently waiting on my new EVO KC9. Are any tools (paper clip) required for disassembly? I’ve googled EVO KC9 disassembly, and haven’t located a video. With the 4” bull barrel, I was just curious if it was similar to the Kimber style disassembly? Feed back appreciated!

Last edited by VF-1; 08-17-2019 at 06:26 AM.
Old 08-26-2019, 11:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by VF-1 View Post
Sorry not trying to derail the thread, but Iím currently waiting on my new EVO KC9. Are any tools (paper clip) required for disassembly? Iíve googled EVO KC9 disassembly, and havenít located a video. With the 4Ē bull barrel, I was just curious if it was similar to the Kimber style disassembly? Feed back appreciated!
No paper clips are required.
Old 08-27-2019, 04:39 AM

Ramped barrel?
Old 08-28-2019, 10:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlg View Post
Ramped barrel?
Our 9mm is not ramped, you only need support for .38 Super and 10mm so we do not ramp any of our 9mm pistols.
Old 09-08-2019, 09:25 PM

The newer Evo models appear to demonstrate minimal changes over the original. In one case it looks like they just switched the bobtail to a straight grip. Why the $400 increase?
Old 09-16-2019, 01:58 PM

EVO model pricing

Every new EVO has feature changes and is priced based on the features that are selected on that variation. Look close at the options and it should be clear. In some cases the new variations price could increase do to the cost of steel or raw material. Not uncommon for us to see raw materials increase and almost never go down.
Old 09-16-2019, 02:35 PM

Will there ever be a variant in the EVO line with a change of the Snakeskin grip? It's the only thing holding me off.
Old 09-19-2019, 05:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by VF-1 View Post
Sorry not trying to derail the thread, but Iím currently waiting on my new EVO KC9. Are any tools (paper clip) required for disassembly? Iíve googled EVO KC9 disassembly, and havenít located a video. With the 4Ē bull barrel, I was just curious if it was similar to the Kimber style disassembly? Feed back appreciated!
Hope you have your pistol now. I purchased this model in April and seldom leave home without it. It doesn't require any tools to maintain and shoots anything I feed it. An excellent pistol for the price!