US HR 8 passes House - 1911Forum
1911Forum
Advertise Here
Forum   Reviews   Rules   Legal   Site Supporters & Donations   Advertise

Go Back   1911Forum > >

Notices

Old 02-27-2019, 02:56 PM

US HR 8 passes House

HR8 passed House vote, and ironically, 8 GOP house members voted for it !!! Need to get their names and send mail to them.

Funny, someone shoved in last sec a clause to notify ICE if the person is an illegal alien. This HR8 crud will not get past Senate.
Old 02-27-2019, 03:11 PM

They tried the ICE thing last week or week before and it was rejected by the dems...
Old 02-27-2019, 03:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black sunshine View Post
They tried the ICE thing last week or week before and it was rejected by the dems...
And my mistake, I thought the last sec ICE amendment passed, it did not.

Demcraps are on a losing field folks, Senate won't pass it, and if it got to POTUS desk he'll veto it. I perhaps expect a veto to be ok with demcraps as they'll use that in their losing campaign for 2020 race to the WH, etc.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-27-2019, 08:05 PM

This is correct.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1911_Kid View Post
And my mistake, I thought the last sec ICE amendment passed, it did not.

Demcraps are on a losing field folks, Senate won't pass it, and if it got to POTUS desk he'll veto it. I perhaps expect a veto to be ok with demcraps as they'll use that in their losing campaign for 2020 race to the WH, etc.
Even though this will hopefully be shot down in the Senate. All of these demos will be grandstanding down the line that they tried to stand fast for some common sense measure against the evil Republicans that are bought and paid for by the NRA. Bet on it.
Old 02-27-2019, 08:34 PM

The bill will be voted along party lines in the senate, just like it was in the house. It won't pass. UBS and AWB2 will be left up to the next dem president and a nat'l emergency order to be ruled on by the SC.

We still have a few years left before we go under.

Last edited by LostintheOzone; 02-27-2019 at 08:36 PM.
Old 02-27-2019, 08:36 PM

I will go under when I am dead.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LostintheOzone View Post
The bill will be voted along party lines in the senate, just like it was in the house. It won't pass. UBS and AWB2 will be left up to the next dem president and a nat'l emergency order to be ruled on by the SC.

We still have a few years before we go under.
Nuff said.
Old 02-28-2019, 02:22 AM

Quote:
According to Politico, 26 Dems broke ranks and revised the bill adding the ICE requirements. It apparently passed the House with that clause included.

"That which you come by too easily, you value too lightly."
Old 02-28-2019, 07:12 AM

Time to primary 8 RINOs.
Old 02-28-2019, 08:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tractor View Post
According to Politico, 26 Dems broke ranks and revised the bill adding the ICE requirements. It apparently passed the House with that clause included.
That's what I thought, it was a last sec thing, an I thought it passed.

Can someone get hard verification.

I am wondering if this ICE bit is to try and sway soem GOP senate folks to vote for it.
Old 02-28-2019, 08:50 AM

Quote:
That is probably how they got the GOP votes.

I wasn't disputing whether or not the ICE thing was in the bill that passed the house, just that the dems had rejected it at some point in the recent past... Essentially, it showed their hypocrisy...they, at that time, were more willing to protect illegals than to enact gun control.
Old 02-28-2019, 08:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1911_Kid View Post
I am wondering if this ICE bit is to try and sway soem GOP senate folks to vote for it.
That's probably about the only reason the dems would have allowed it to be added. As I originally posted, that resolution was rejected by dems a week or two ago.
Old 02-28-2019, 11:47 AM

Just as republicans are going to concede more gun control for more immigration enforcement the democrats will concede more immigration enforcement for more gun control.

So who's against deporting undocumented criminals trying to purchase a gun illegally? Practically nobody with good sense.

So who's against more gun control? Some republicans.

I see some compromise coming. More deportations for more gun control. That seems to work pretty well. I wonder if the senate is watching this. Maybe time for them to write their own gun control/immigration enforcement bill.

They could call it the common sense bipartisan UBC/immigration enforcement bill. The president could sign that one.

That should wake up a few gun owners.

Last edited by LostintheOzone; 02-28-2019 at 11:54 AM.
Old 02-28-2019, 01:55 PM

Quote:
Just as republicans are going to concede more gun control for more immigration enforcement the democrats will concede more immigration enforcement for more gun control.

So who's against deporting undocumented criminals trying to purchase a gun illegally? Practically nobody with good sense.

So who's against more gun control? Some republicans.

I see some compromise coming. More deportations for more gun control. That seems to work pretty well. I wonder if the senate is watching this. Maybe time for them to write their own gun control/immigration enforcement bill.

They could call it the common sense bipartisan UBC/immigration enforcement bill. The president could sign that one.

That should wake up a few gun owners.
Sounds like suicide to me. Why trade a right for stopping illegals?
Old 02-28-2019, 02:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vos Parate View Post
I was just providing example of a compromise. We should not give in to any anti-2A crud.

I feel like there's only a handful of we pro2A folks that are doing 125% and the rest is doing 80%. We really need everyone at 100% to stand up against this attack on 2A rights !!
Old 02-28-2019, 02:22 PM

We need to help come up with practical solutions to these nut jobs going on a shooting spree. It's a difficult problem to solve without encroaching on 2A rights, but better if we 2A advocates come up with something rather than having our rights taken away.
Old 02-28-2019, 03:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vos Parate View Post
Well I certainly wouldn't endorse something like that. The undocumented in this country should be deported because that's what immigration laws say should happen.

The problem, as I'm sure you're aware, is lots of undocumented people are living more or less normal lives without any fear of being deported. There's a lot of support by cities, states and employers to keep them in the shadows and away from ICE. In the case of DACA there was a court order to let them stay.

It isn't a good deal for gun owners but apparently that doesn't matter to the reps that are trading immigration enforcement for gun rights.

What if reps decide to sign you up for more gun control in exchange for more immigration reform. RKBA is #5 on the list of things that are important to the average voter. Immigration is #3.

I think I see where this is going. The RKBA poker chip is worth a lot less than the immigration reform poker chip.

Last edited by LostintheOzone; 02-28-2019 at 03:10 PM.
Old 02-28-2019, 03:09 PM

Do they really want Civil War II?

Are they crazy enough to actually try this Bovine Scatology?
Old 02-28-2019, 03:26 PM

deleted

Last edited by tractor; 02-28-2019 at 03:29 PM.
Old 02-28-2019, 03:40 PM

Quote:
Well I certainly wouldn't endorse something like that. The undocumented in this country should be deported because that's what immigration laws say should happen.

The problem, as I'm sure you're aware, is lots of undocumented people are living more or less normal lives without any fear of being deported. There's a lot of support by cities, states and employers to keep them in the shadows and away from ICE. In the case of DACA there was a court order to let them stay.

It isn't a good deal for gun owners but apparently that doesn't matter to the reps that are trading immigration enforcement for gun rights.

What if reps decide to sign you up for more gun control in exchange for more immigration reform. RKBA is #5 on the list of things that are important to the average voter. Immigration is #3.

I think I see where this is going. The RKBA poker chip is worth a lot less than the immigration reform poker chip.
The RKBA is a priority only to people on gun forums. The 5M NRA member voting block certainly doesn’t impress the Dems, and it may be losing its luster with the Reps as well, if they will use it for trade.

Old 02-28-2019, 05:55 PM

Quote:
We need to help come up with practical solutions to these nut jobs going on a shooting spree. It's a difficult problem to solve without encroaching on 2A rights, but better if we 2A advocates come up with something rather than having our rights taken away.
So, here's an idea. Make the abortion topic bigger than anything else. This is a problem topic for demcraps. There's a new push for the unborn children, "Unborn children have a right to life" is what I'm hearing.
Old 02-28-2019, 05:58 PM

Quote:
I.C.E. will only be notified if an illegal fails a background check.
Old 03-04-2019, 08:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pappy1949 View Post
I.C.E. will only be notified if an illegal fails a background check.
I'm pretty sure 99% of them won't be stupid enough to fill out a federal form asking if they are citizens of the US or have documented status.

That's like asking to be deported. Most of them stay away from those enforcement situations.
Old 03-04-2019, 10:16 PM

The incredible lies they tell...

The other night, Donna Shalala was on TV and said something that almost made me choke.

https://miami.cbslocal.com/2019/03/0...d-in-us-house/
Quote:
Shalala said if passed, the bills will have a real impact on South Florida.

“The Miami-Dade Youth Fair Grounds they hold a gun show every year, no one who goes there to buy a gun needed to complete a background check, that’s a loophole, we have closed that loophole,” she said to cheers.
What a stunning lie. I have attended the Miami Gun show for decades and purchased at least 5 to 6 guns in the past decade there. I had to submit to a background check each and every time and fill out a BATFE form 4473. There is not one vendor there that sells firearms without a background check. These Democrats are just lying through their teeth on this gun show loop hole. Last time I was there there were no private sellers, almost all were brick and mortar gun shops that have tables and sell at the gun show. Then there are the knife guys, and all the knick·knack vendors, military memorabilia, target and cleaning supply vendors, some ammo guys... but private sellers with a table? They are a extinct species and I don't think the show promoters lets those guys in any more.

But these two Democrat women are just lying through their teeth.
Old 03-04-2019, 10:21 PM
Adminstrator

Of course they lie. They are Democrats.
Old 03-04-2019, 11:10 PM

Careful on their hot coals and traps. Probably said it as fake news to get the headline out for idiots to believe it. Later these demcraps might issue a correction (maybe) stating they quoted the wrong gun event. BuzzFeed is notorious for this style of reporting, except they have not corrected any (not one) false reporting they did about Trump !!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PolymerMan View Post
The other night, Donna Shalala was on TV and said something that almost made me choke.

https://miami.cbslocal.com/2019/03/0...d-in-us-house/

What a stunning lie. I have attended the Miami Gun show for decades and purchased at least 5 to 6 guns in the past decade there. I had to submit to a background check each and every time and fill out a BATFE form 4473. There is not one vendor there that sells firearms without a background check. These Democrats are just lying through their teeth on this gun show loop hole. Last time I was there there were no private sellers, almost all were brick and mortar gun shops that have tables and sell at the gun show. Then there are the knife guys, and all the knick·knack vendors, military memorabilia, target and cleaning supply vendors, some ammo guys... but private sellers with a table? They are a extinct species and I don't think the show promoters lets those guys in any more.

But these two Democrat women are just lying through their teeth.