Benchmade apparently only donates to Dems... - 1911Forum
1911Forum
Advertise Here
Forum   Reviews   Rules   Legal   Site Supporters & Donations   Advertise

Go Back   1911Forum > >

Notices

Old 02-21-2019, 07:51 AM

Benchmade apparently only donates to Dems...

A firestorm has erupted after photos surfaced of Benchmade cutting up firearms for Oregon City PD.

It started blowing up on social media, then some folks then looked a little deeper into Benchmade and discovered that their political donations go only to Democrats - anti-gun candidates, at that:

https://www.opensecrets.org/orgs/sum...?id=D000047693

They might have nice blades but I don't think I'll buy knives from a company with those principles.

Preferred Travel Agent - 72 Virgins Dating Club
Old 02-21-2019, 08:12 AM
Adminstrator

Bye Benchmade. There are plenty of other knife makers to buy from...and thank the OP for this exposure here.

Benchmade blows Left. Got it.
Old 02-21-2019, 08:15 AM

Talley-Ho

If I were British, I would say “Bloody Benchmade”
Attached Thumbnails
789635B1-A928-4C8F-9258-B45FC120198C.jpeg  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-21-2019, 08:22 AM

Slow down, guys.
Old 02-21-2019, 08:34 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryO45 View Post
If I were British, I would say “Bloody Benchmade”
Don’t think anybody wants to see your “bloody” picture.
Old 02-21-2019, 08:41 AM

The list I saw contained a donation to Rep. Gregg Waldon (R). I think he was the only one.
Old 02-21-2019, 08:44 AM
Super Moderator

Very short-sighted by Benchmade. I suspect not many liberals carry pocket knives.

NRA Life Member
Old 02-21-2019, 08:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sock View Post
Slow down, guys.
I read plenty of comments in several places like that. Essentially that the guns were ordered to be destroyed, what's the big deal. Part of it for me is that many of those guns were from "gun buy-back" events, where they were turned in. Say whatever you like, but the message at these events is always that "we're getting guns off the street", which is a political spin, and utter crap. If the Oregon City PD are mandated to destroy them, maybe they should get off their asses, go buy a metal chop saw, and do their job.
L.
Old 02-21-2019, 08:49 AM

While I'd take them to task for cutting up confiscated weapons for the PD, in the article linked, all I see is individuals that are employed by Benchmade making donations - not the corporate entity. Are we becoming so narrow-minded that we now demand all vendors who manufacture firearms or edged weapon products hire only those people that support pro-gun activities? I doubt that in any organization you will find 100% of the people supporting any one issue. Lighten up.

Adios,

Pizza Bob
Old 02-21-2019, 08:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pizza Bob View Post
While I'd take them to task for cutting up confiscated weapons for the PD, in the article linked, all I see is individuals that are employed by Benchmade making donations - not the corporate entity. Are we becoming so narrow-minded that we now demand all vendors who manufacture firearms or edged weapon products hire only those people that support pro-gun activities? I doubt that in any organization you will find 100% of the people supporting any one issue. Lighten up.

Adios,

Pizza Bob
There's other stuff out there, Bob. I looked at quite a bit of it last night, google it.
Old 02-21-2019, 08:57 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pizza Bob View Post

Adios,

Pizza Bob
The linked site stated that the individuals were owners and/or employees. If owners, I'm not interested in providing them income to fund my enemies; if they are employees, I'm not interested in providing them income to fund my enemies.

Army M.P. 1971 - 1972
Wilsons: Several; Kimbers: 10mm (Wilsonized), .38S (Wilson barrel)
Old 02-21-2019, 09:13 AM

My wife pointed out this report to me last night when I got home. Her initial comment to their actions was "That's pretty sorry of them...who do they think they're selling their knives to? They're sending a clear message to their customers."

I personally won't support a company whose actions go against my beliefs.
Old 02-21-2019, 09:15 AM
Adminstrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by FightinTXAggie View Post
My wife pointed out this report to me last night when I got home. Her initial comment to their actions was "That's pretty sorry of them...who do they think they're selling their knives to? They're sending a clear message to their customers."

I personally won't support a company whose actions go against my beliefs.
Nor should you.

https://gununiversity.com/is-benchma...pany-anti-gun/
Old 02-21-2019, 09:16 AM

Since I'm up on my soapbox already - ask yourself, what other items of value that the police end up with (confiscated, etc) are destroyed? Only guns, everything else is auctioned off if it has much value. So, what's the message? Simple, "guns are bad." I'm not interested in being a part of that, or supporting any group that is.
L.
Old 02-21-2019, 09:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LW McVay View Post
The curtain has been swept aside...

One notable thing, in Benchmade's response toward the bottom of your link, is that they profess to support 2nd Amendment Rights. But this debacle goes back to what we have mentioned here before, and should be re-stated... Any vote or support for a Democrat candidate in this day and age is a direct assault on our Right To Keep And Bear Arms.

There are no two ways about it. I am glad they have been exposed. They are no better than the hypocrites in Hollywood, whoring for the $$$.
Old 02-21-2019, 09:52 AM

I'm sure there are many other businesses that we support that are taking our money and using it to purchase the rope to hang us with someday. I would sooner give money to ISIS than the Democrats.
Old 02-21-2019, 10:03 AM
Adminstrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by HT77 View Post
I'm sure there are many other businesses that we support that are taking our money and using it to purchase the rope to hang us with someday. I would sooner give money to ISIS than the Democrats.
Ultimately, they are one and the same. One is just a bit more honest about their intentions than the other. The bottom line of both is power and control. Either bend a knee or die.
Old 02-21-2019, 10:18 AM

And Benchmade are cutting-up guns for police. A lot of anger going around the web on this one:
Attached Thumbnails
b2.jpg   b3.jpg   b4.jpg  
Old 02-21-2019, 10:25 AM
Adminstrator

Time for me to cut up my Benchmades.
Old 02-21-2019, 10:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LW McVay View Post
Time for me to cut up my Benchmades.
Maybe we can find an American Gun Manufacturer who would be willing to cut up our Benchmade knives?
Old 02-21-2019, 10:32 AM

Send them an email or give them a phone call!
Old 02-21-2019, 10:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grandpas50AE View Post
The linked site stated that the individuals were owners and/or employees. If owners, I'm not interested in providing them income to fund my enemies; if they are employees, I'm not interested in providing them income to fund my enemies.
Bingo.

Preferred Travel Agent - 72 Virgins Dating Club
Old 02-21-2019, 10:37 AM

The guns were going to be destroyed one way or the other.
The question is whether Benchmade supports anti gun politics. It will take more time to clarify this issue.
Old 02-21-2019, 10:48 AM

Quote:
All contributions to candidates from Benchmade Knife Co came from individuals

This table lists candidates receiving money from this organization in 2017-2018. The organizations themselves did not donate, rather the money came from the organizations' PACs, their individual members or employees or owners, and those individuals' immediate families. Organization totals may include subsidiaries and affiliates.
So, someone CONNECTED with Benchmade donated to TWO Dems, (who just happen to be the Rep and Senator from their state), but that doesn't mean that the ORGANIZATION donated or supports them. For all you know, it could be one board member or employee. The amounts are also rather insignificant.

I'm all in favor of keeping dangerous weapons out of the hands of fools. Let's start with typewriters. - Frank Lloyd Wright
Old 02-21-2019, 10:53 AM

At the least Benchmade's actions show complicity.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autonomous View Post
The guns were going to be destroyed one way or the other.
The question is whether Benchmade supports anti gun politics. It will take more time to clarify this issue.
In taking people's guns away. The politicos come up with this "buy back BS" and the LEOS go along with it willingly or not. And Benchmade is assisting with this effort, presumably voluntarily. That makes them accessory after the fact. Or in other words, guilty.