Forum   Reviews   Rules   Legal   Site Supporters & Donations   Advertise

Go Back   1911Forum > >

Notices

Old 05-03-2018, 03:57 PM

UPDATE on DICK'S

http://therightscoop.com/buh-bye-dic...r-gun-control/
and
https://bearingarms.com/tom-k/2018/0...un-reputation/

time to confess, who among you is taking them donuts and flowers?!
https://www.ammoland.com/2018/05/dic...lobbying-hire/

Last edited by bluedodger; 05-04-2018 at 12:12 PM. Reason: found more info.***
Old 05-03-2018, 05:10 PM

What a retard store it is anyways. The only one near me is a ghost town 7days a week. And for some reason a local mall is renovating for a new dick store. Beyond me what folks like in there.

You know, I cant let this slip by..

Some employees love the company they work for, lets say Coca Cola or Ruger. They are proud to wear T-shirts that say "I love Coca Cola", or "I love Ruger".

I might just spend a few $$ and send some dicky stores some T-shirts that say

"I love Dicks"

or like this

Old 05-03-2018, 05:11 PM

I had already decided to refuse business to Dicks or Field & Stream. This just solidifies my decision.

NRA Life Member, Patron Level
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-03-2018, 05:13 PM

At this point I don’t think they could do anything to surprise us. Done with both them and Field & Stream.

NRA Patron Life Member
Old 05-03-2018, 05:26 PM

It only costs about $2 to send a small box of poop (or stinky rotten food, like a few pieces of raw shrimp) to the corporate address.

Plan to send a box on 24May

Last edited by 1911_Kid; 05-03-2018 at 05:29 PM.
Old 05-03-2018, 05:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1911_Kid View Post
I might just spend a few $$ and send some dicky stores some T-shirts that say

"I love Dicks"

or like this

I'd honestly be surprised if shirts (and caps) like that already exist somewhere on EBay and the like. I could have sworn seeing some fruity little dandy sashaying around in my local Wal Mart already with a truckers style cap that basically said that (with a rooster on it instead of the word itself).

You could probably ask Mr. Hogg if he (or his Time magazine prom date) has an extra one hanging around as an example to show the Dicks loving employees.

After all, why pay good money to reinvent the wheel?
Old 05-03-2018, 06:01 PM

no kidding

https://www.****express.com/

The Dicks Store
345 Court St
Coraopolis, PA 15108

Last edited by 1911_Kid; 05-03-2018 at 06:05 PM.
Old 05-03-2018, 06:59 PM

The bankruptcy filing cannot come any too soon.

"Freedom is only a temporary thing unless it is backed by the blunt capability and willingness to fight back against evil with sufficient arms." -- Myself
Old 05-03-2018, 07:10 PM

Keep posting the TRUTH.

Old 05-03-2018, 07:34 PM

DYLStyleBanner_SALogoAndWebsite.jpeg

GENESEO, IL, (05/03/18) – Springfield Armory is severing ties with Dick’s Sporting Goods and its subsidiary, Field & Stream, in response to their hiring a group for anti-Second Amendment lobbying.

This latest action follows Dick’s Sporting Goods’ decision to remove and destroy all modern sporting rifles (MSR) from their inventory. In addition, they have denied Second Amendment rights to Americans under the age of 21. We at Springfield Armory believe that all law abiding American citizens of adult age are guaranteed this sacred right under our Constitution.

It is clear where Dick’s Sporting Goods and its subsidiary, Field & Stream, stand on the Second Amendment, and we want to be clear about our message in response. Their position runs counter to what we stand for as a company. At Springfield Armory, we believe in the right and principles fought for and secured by American patriots and our founding forefathers, without question. We will not accept Dick’s Sporting Goods’ continued attempts to deny Second Amendment freedoms to our fellow Americans.
Old 05-03-2018, 08:14 PM

Just got the email from SA. Bravo for them.

Considering how flagrant anti-2ndA they’ve become, I hope Mossberg, Henry, Savage, etc. also have the balls to sever ties from these libtards.
Old 05-03-2018, 08:30 PM

Kudos to SA, hope all other gun related manufacturers will do the same and to Field & Stream, also.

NRA Patron Life Member
Old 05-03-2018, 08:41 PM

I agree with the second linked article. Dick's is trying to change the laws so they don't lose face. The other stores didn't follow suit so now they are stuck with a loss of sales from the boycott of gun owners. Other stores are taking advantage of their stupidity. Most of the left and anti-gun people don't shop at those stores. They buy online through Amazon or the online stores instead. The younger generation especially doesn't shop there.

I hope they go out of business.

Last edited by earlwb; 05-03-2018 at 08:44 PM. Reason: add more info
Old 05-03-2018, 09:01 PM

It was a sad day when they bought out Galyan's. prices weren't the cheapest back then either, but less than dick's.

Galyan's had way more guns and ammo, and the knife selection was good. plus they had the rock climbing wall for the kids.
Old 05-03-2018, 09:19 PM

They're not even real dicks. Should change the name to Dildo's.
Old 05-03-2018, 09:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NonHyphenAmerican View Post
Springfield Armory is severing ties with Dick’s...
One might say they're cutting Dick's off

Preferred Travel Agent - 72 Virgins Dating Club
Old 05-03-2018, 09:41 PM

I can't believe this

I just can't believe that a sporting goods chain would do this, how stupid!! It seemed that every time I went to F&S/Dicks, most of the store was empty except for the shooting section. I used to frequent the store but after their ban of so called assult weapons I was hesitent. After this brain fart I won't be going there at all!

Last edited by Speedwagon; 05-04-2018 at 05:56 AM.
Old 05-04-2018, 04:26 AM

I agree... Who cares about Dick's Sporting Goods!! Nothing but soccer moms, joggers, granola eating kayakers, and tree huggers in there anymore. I haven't darkened the doorstep of DSG in quite a long time (and that was only because they had Titleist golf balls on sale)!
Old 05-04-2018, 06:13 AM

I purchased a shotgun on sale from my local F&S store last year. The majority of the customers I see in that place are in the shooting sports department. I really don't think my local store will survive this if they follow through with this plan. It's a really dumb business decision to take a steaming dump on your customer base like this.
Old 05-04-2018, 07:54 AM

Dick's have become a Graveyard in our town, Field and Stream right beside it is the same. They are having employees put their cars in front of the stores to make it look like some one is shopping in there.
God is on the side of the best shots.
Old 05-04-2018, 10:25 AM

On a different note, the Gander Mountain near me recently reopened under Gander Outdoors and they seem to have fully embraced the MSR crowd. Full line of Aero Precision parts and pieces stripped recievers, complete recievers, you name it. Not saying they have the best prices but they're trying to cover the bases. I love it because they're drawing business away from Dicks which is a mile down the road from them.
Old 05-04-2018, 10:43 AM

I can't understand how this place has managed to dominate the market for so long In my little state, we used to have Mom and pop, and other large sporting goods stores, but when Dick's rolled into town, all of them went out of business in short order.
I've been forced to darken their doors a few times, and it is always empty, appears to be more of a glorified clothing and shoe store than sporting goods, and frankly they never seem to have the actual sporting good I am looking for.

The last time I was in one, it was an "emergency gift" scenario, needed to get a nice pair of Binoculars while out of state as a gift for my father in law. It took them about 30 minutes to get the key they needed to get me the binocs out of the glass cabinet!

Ours is terrible and seems empty, and yet, just like someone else mentioned, they are building a new larger one just down the road. Sport's authority, Models, and all the small shops are long since gone.

I may write them to suggest that they stop selling footballs what with all the concussions they cause.

Last edited by CyberDyneSystems; 05-04-2018 at 10:46 AM.
Old 05-04-2018, 02:39 PM

na na na, na na na, hey hey hey, good-bye! Those dicks can't go out of business fast enough. We had an new sports shop open recently that dwarfs the size and selection of the local dicks. Be surprised the local dicks stays open much longer.
Old 05-04-2018, 03:08 PM

Had a 10 dollar voucher for Dick’s and went there today and bought a Carhart cap. At checkout I asked the gal what I needed to do to get my name and information completed removed from their system including Field & Stream. I then asked to speak to the manager and then told the manager the reasons that I would no longer be shopping at either Dick’s or Field & Stream. He was not even aware that they had hired a lobbyist. I asked him if he would be passing this info up the food chain and he stated that he would. When I got home I called Dick’s and had them remove all my information from their system and asked them to put in the comments as to why because of their new anti-gun stance.

No matter what the sale is, I will not go back to Dick’s or Field & Stream, again. Stopped at our new local Gander Outdoors and was again pleased by the sales people and their pro gun attitudes. It even looks like an old fashioned sporting goods store as compared to a mall store like Dick’s and Field & Stream that seem laid out for Yuppies.

NRA Patron Life Member
Old 05-04-2018, 04:35 PM

All I ever bought was fishing tackle there......no more. Bass Pro isn't that much farther down the road.
There firearm section was never manned, if you wanted ammo, they had to go find a manager. I know because the fishing section is next to the gun counter. Place is a joke, am looking forward to reading the financial section reports about their demise.